Sign in to follow this  
Guest Armdys

Buying in-game Minecraft cash

Buying in-game Minecraft cash  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to be able to purchase in-game Minecraft money?

Guest Armdys

As you probably know, we have money and chest shops on our Minecraft server. Many players do not know how to get money. Recently I came up with the idea to give players the oppurtunity to buy in-game money with real money. All of the money spent on the in-game cash would go to help fund the server, just like VIP does. If this is decided to go through (by you, the readers) we would have to reset the money on the server.

Please remember that the money would not go to a bad cause, it will help JR's servers alive, and hopefully help make JR get further!

Guest petersmileyface

Despite what I said on Socialcast, we have to make sure that the transfer rates (Money --> In-game Money) is balanced. I voted yes only if all the staff can come to an agreement on the transfer rates.

Guest Armdys

I was planning on making up some "prototype" transfer rates soon then letting you Guys suggest improvments

Guest petersmileyface

Sounds like a good idea. We just need some more votes on this and we should be good to go.

Guest lttf

Here is what I think the price and the amount should be:

2,500 : 0.99 USD

7,500 : 3.49 USD

25,000 : 10.49 USD

75,000 : 14.49 USD

200,000 : 25.49 USD

Guest Joe!

Good, but how do we earn money on mc without paying? It could make some people WAY too rich, and some people left really poor :/ maybe we should implement JRN cash > mc cash? To get more people on the fourms? I like both ideas but they all have thier downfalls :/

Guest petersmileyface

Good, but how do we earn money on mc without paying?

I'm sure chest shops would still be in place. Its similar to other games. You either earn money the hard way or buy money (derp).

It could make some people WAY too rich

And of course, this was what I implied when this idea was posted on Socialcast.

maybe we should implement JRN cash > mc cash

I still like this idea a lot better but maybe we could try and implement both, broaden a user's options of gaining money. I think users will choose posting on the forums over buying the in-game cash if they don't have access to a credit card money etc but expect spam and grave digs.

I like both ideas but they all have thier downfalls :/

Everything has its downfalls I guess :/ I agree with you there also, I like both ideas but just mention, we're dealing with survival as well here :/

Guest petersmileyface

I don't think you've mentioned it until now, but you're not thinking of including staff ranks as a part of that are you? Just curious.

Guest JxAce

NO! Buying your way into power is bull... that is why there is never a good president -COUGH-

Meant new ranks... like VIP, gold, silver, idk... multiple ranks, each with certain commands.

Like maybe have current price of VIP be gold which gives only god and VIP world.

Then Diamond gives hats and mob disguise.

While VIP gets... idk... cookies.

Guest petersmileyface

Alright, we are now on the same page (Captain Obvious saves the day).

Anyway, I like that idea of having multiple ranks to VIP because this is where we can bring in some marketing, but it would mean we need to think of more (fun) plugins because at the moment we only have block hat and block disguise and things are fine. But say if we brough in VIP Gold we'll need maybe another 2 (fun) plugins they can have access to otherwise, it won't be as worth it.

Guest Armdys

Yeah that does sound fun :o ... Vehicle plugin? Like the one iggy was talking about in his blog, Zepplin mod? Maybe we could get that :P

Guest JxAce

Still think JR cash for minecraft cash seems reasonable... doesn't have to be much, maybe exact 1:1 transfer?

Guest petersmileyface

I think a 1:1 is good, but I think we should bump it up to 1:5 otherwise players would give it on the posting idea.

Guest rstoy

I think that most of the pros and cons of buying money have been mentioned except one. If people buy their money and it has to be or is reset for whatever reason, they will be very upset, and rightly so. In the past it has been reset and people were told it was just pretend money, but if they pay it won't be. I think there may be some legalities involved with the transfer of money into the game that way. Otherwise it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. Just thought I would bring up that point.

Robert

Guest petersmileyface

That's a really good point Robert, and an important one that Jamie should consider. Now that you mention it, it'd be a lot more work on Jamie's behalf making sure money isn't lost or has the come to the point where it has to be reset because that would mean even more work for him because he'd have to compensate anyone who has bought the in-game money otherwise those legalities you'd mentioned would come in.

Guest barbermiss

Also if they buy into the game and get banned ,,are you going to tell them that is the risk of griefing or refund their money? Punishment as it were could stop a lot of griefing. Lots of things to consider. If we are going to do this I am buying a bunch of stuff now cause I have worked and earned a bunch of my lost money back (voteing & such) I dont want to loose that income to a reset again. If Fresco was open I'd have spent it anyway though..lol Shopping shopping ....l o v e it! :o

Guest JxAce

By registering they agree to punishment for breaking the rules, ie. banning for griefing.

If they buy something then break the rules and lose it, it's their fault.

The resetting money is a problem though... Would have to keep track of purchased money, maybe whenever there is a reset just reset anyone whose bought something to how much they bought.

Also 1:5 is a bit much for JRcash : minecraft cash... Settle in the middle and do 1:3 maybe :o

Guest Armdys

Also if they buy into the game and get banned ,,are you going to tell them that is the risk of griefing or refund their money? Punishment as it were could stop a lot of griefing. Lots of things to consider. If we are going to do this I am buying a bunch of stuff now cause I have worked and earned a bunch of my lost money back (voteing & such) I dont want to loose that income to a reset again. If Fresco was open I'd have spent it anyway though..lol Shopping shopping ....l o v e it! :o

Well it's like VIP, you buy it then break the rule, oh well :/

Guest petersmileyface

There are so many things to consider (bans, resets etc) I'm not sure we should consider this :/

Guest Armdys

:/ well the ban part isn't something, but the reset is what we'd have to worry about

Guest petersmileyface

Either one, we'll have to compensate them if they get perma-banned or decide to leave.