Sign in to follow this  
Guest Emil

Youtube Autoplay in HD?

Question

Guest Emil

Heya everyone, im kinda tired of having to manually set youtube's quality to the max every damn time that i change whatever i listen to. Is there some way to autoplay videos in HD when you watch them?

Thanks.

25 answers to this question

Guest JxAce

Yah... Been wondering how YouTube missed that setting. Maybe they don't want people turning it on and then complaining about slow videos all the time XD

Guest Wavesludge

Youtube settings only go so far as it will only switch to HD if you go fullscreen, so I recommend Flaws suggestion :o

Guest Flaw

I LOVE you flaw <3 Thanks! xD

Works perfectly :o

Hahaha.. you're very welcome! XD

Really glad to have helped in merely 10 minutes :o

By the way, I didn't try those myself... just went by what Google and others said :P

Youtube settings only go so far as it will only switch to HD if you go fullscreen, so I recommend Flas suggestion :P

Yeah, it's quite stupid of YouTube though :P

Guest Flaw

Maybe they don't want people turning it on and then complaining about slow videos all the time XD

True that... didn't think about the "dumb" people xD

Guest Wavesludge

Yeah, it's quite stupid of YouTube though

Yeah if you look at the options

ib0DDOJWec5VeO.png

The only let you make it higher quality if you change the players size, I think they were just lazy when they did that xD

Guest Flaw

The only let you make it higher quality if you change the players size, I think they were just lazy when they did that xD

Lazy's a nice way to say it... but I think Joseph makes a more valid point :o

Guest Wavesludge

Yah... Been wondering how YouTube missed that setting. Maybe they don't want people turning it on and then complaining about slow videos all the time XD

Could be that also :/

Lazy's a nice way to say it... but I think Joseph makes a more valid point :o

Yeah, they have to think about the stupid/troll section too

Guest JxAce

Got to appeal to the masses... which is unfortunately, a majority of people with no common sense... especially youtube >_>

Guest petersmileyface

You can't set that in YouTube, but there's an extension for Chrome.

If you want, I'll look one up for Firefox too.. maybe a Greasemonkey script or something like this one.

Thanks for this Flaw. You even went to the trouble of posting a suggestion for both Chrome and Firefox :o

YouTube should have an auto-repeat button.

Guest petersmileyface

Nice plugin thanks for sharing that, -like- :o

But you can set it in a playlist and enable automatic forward and repeat

Or you could use this as well :P

Guest petersmileyface

Well I guess it wouldn't be an automatic thing but it might be good for that song you really love. But then you might as well buy/download it and listen to it on iTunes :o

Guest Wavesludge

That's how it should be, at least, if it were added.

Yeah, like the addon/plugin I linked you, it adds a button that you can enable and disable :o

65683.png?modified=1323726934

Guest Wavesludge

Oh thanks for the screenshot. I haven't downloaded it yet, but I will now :P

Not my screenshot, just used the picture that the developer used xD

And no problem :o

but I will now

Awesome ;D

Guest petersmileyface

Not my screenshot, just used the picture that the developer used xD

Meh it doesn't really matter :o At least it was more useful compared to the screenshot on the Chrome Store page.

Guest JxAce

Is there anyway to get youtube videos outside of youtube to auto-play in HD as well?

On youtube.com there's no problem with the chrome plugin, but on Jr forums for example, doesn't make them HD automatically, and most of my video viewing is not on youtube.com, but they are often youtube videos.

Guest petersmileyface

Is there anyway to get youtube videos outside of youtube to auto-play in HD as well?

On youtube.com there's no problem with the chrome plugin, but on Jr forums for example, doesn't make them HD automatically, and most of my video viewing is not on youtube.com, but they are often youtube videos.

Good question Jx!

Maybe you could suggest the plugin-developer to add this functionality?

I vouch, you should request this!