Sign in to follow this  
Guest RampRat24

Minecraft folder on a Mac.

Guest RampRat24

I have seen that many of you have issues finding the minecraft folder on a mac, so here it is.

First of all you will need to know what version/software you are using.

Click the apple logo (top left) -> About this mac -> More info... (it will be at the bottom).

For OSX Snow Leopard : Finder -> User -> Library -> Application Support -> Minecraft.

For OSX Lion : 1) Click anywhere on your screensaver (so the top bar says finder beside the apple)

2) Go to the top bar and click on "Go"

3) Scroll down and click on "Go to Folder..."

post-6279-0-83457200-1329953598_thumb.pn

4) Once the text box has appeared type this in it : ~/Library/Application Support/

post-6279-0-15064300-1329953655_thumb.pn

From there just scroll down till you find the minecraft folder.

If you can't open you minecraft.jar just rename it to minecraft.jar.zip, then double click and a normal minecraft.jar folder will appear.

If you wish to permanently Un-hide the Library, check out lttf's topic on the following link.

Hope this helps you guys out :)

Guest lttf

You can in hide the library folder, so it shows up in finder and the top menu bar. I have written a tutorial on it on the forums ages ago.

Guest RampRat24

You can in hide the library folder, so it shows up in finder and the top menu bar. I have written a tutorial on it on the forums ages ago.

Will set a link to your post if you don't mind me doing so.

Guest Partyguy05

Hmm.... I was wondering if someone could post how to get mod(s) on mac. The tuts on Youtube make no sense. I look forward to getting a mod. :unsure: Anyway, nice tutorial!

Guest RampRat24

I was wondering if someone could post how to get mod(s) on mac.

Do you have any mods in mind ? I would be happy to make a few step by step tutorials on here if you want . :unsure:

Guest RampRat24

Could maybe write one up later :unsure:

Maybe the forums could have a tutorial zone split in 2 Pc/Mac ? (just an idea..)

Like that we could make specific written tutorials for all the mods and post which ones conflict with each other ect...

Guest petersmileyface

Maybe the forums could have a tutorial zone split in 2 Pc/Mac ? (just an idea..)

There is :unsure:

Guest Wavesludge

Could maybe write one up later :o

Like that we could make specific written tutorials for all the mods and post which ones conflict with each other ect...

Go here to talk about Windows, Mac or Linux :unsure:

Guest RampRat24

Go here to talk about Windows, Mac or Linux :unsure:

That category is set as Technology and not as a minecraft related subject.. Thats why i posted here.

Should i set mac related topics in that one next time ?

Sign in to follow this