Sign in to follow this  
Guest _CSB_

The Maze.

Guest _CSB_

Hey guys,

Ok so i was thinking, what does JR not have on minecraft. Then it came to me a Maze !

So how about getting some staff or other together, and building a massive maze. (Massive!)

This could then be made into a competition.

Like : 1st to finish gets 10 000 Jr cash 2cnd 5000 and so on.. (as an example)

This could be done just by using a random Maze generator and then turning it all into blocks.

What do you guys think ?

Guest _CSB_

GP Armdys has already made one if i believe

I think GP Armdys has made a game thing.

Im talking about an traditional hedge one. :unsure:

Guest Emil

A maze competition would be too easy :unsure: If we want this, then they should make the best looking building with a maze. A maze itself: get MC structure planner and you got a 1000x1000 Maze layout in 2min.

Guest _CSB_

A maze competition would be too easy :o

Will just have to make it Bad ass -_- Will go check out the structure planner now. Thanks for the info. :unsure:

Guest _CSB_

Ok tested a small maze game out with a few of our Gold members.

It worked really well so will definitely be making a big one in survival :unsure:

Thanks to the Gold members for the tryout.

Guest petersmileyface

Would the competition be based around creating the maze or going through and finishing the maze?

Guest munomana

why don't we make it GIANT! so the first person through gets the prize. if they dont give up first. but cover the top with glass unless we have staff members keeping watch over anyone flying

Guest petersmileyface

why don't we make it GIANT!

That's what Callum was saying. Not just any maze:

So how about getting some staff or other together, and building a massive maze. (Massive!)

Emphasise on massive.

Guest _CSB_

Well we did a test of 4 players finishing it as fast as possible for prizes.

There were A few other members (staff) above to supervise. This worked well.

Would the competition be based around creating the maze or going through and finishing the maze?

You have giving an awesome idea as did Emil on an above post(same basic idea). The more mazes the better. Maybe once jamies big contest is over this could be the next one :o

but cover the top with glass

This has been suggested by Emil already and will be done for the next one :unsure:

Guest Albalwal

I came up with this idea a few weeks back but instead of money i thought a diamond Block, but money is better!:unsure:

Guest petersmileyface

You have giving an awesome idea as did Emil on an above post(same basic idea).

Sorry if that wasn't clear because I was trying to get some clarification on this event :unsure: But you clarified already to thanks XD

Well we did a test of 4 players finishing it as fast as possible for prizes.

I came up with this idea a few weeks back but instead of money i thought a diamond Block, but money is better! :o

I agree with having the diamond block instead of cash -_-

Guest Albalwal

Sorry if that wasn't clear because I was trying to get some clarification on this event :unsure: But you clarified already to thanks XD

I agree with having the diamond block instead of cash -_-

Thankyou :o

Guest Flaw

Hmm.. sounds amazing! Not sure if I can help. I'll probably ban myself time and again this week and almost upto 26 March (exams).

Back on topic... is it possible to:

1) Have sticky pistons at random points which would close paths. So this becomes time-bound.

or

2) Have sticky pistons at random points which would close a path for 5-10 seconds and if you happen to come between it, you die.

Guest petersmileyface

1) Have sticky pistons at random points which would close paths. So this becomes time-bound.

That's an amazing idea! :unsure:

Emil could us with this.

Guest _CSB_

I came up with this idea a few weeks back but instead of money i thought a diamond Block, but money is better! :unsure:

Had not seen your post (was in the wrong area) :/

But yeah Diamond block would be better and wouldn't screw up the economy as much -_-

Have sticky pistons at random points which would close paths.

Nice idea. This maze is going to be hardcore. (if we can ever find a way to fit everything in it :P)

It might be better just making a very large simple one using the MC structure planner. Like that the maze itself can be changed every few days. This will prevent people just learning the path by heart(bits of it anyway) and winning more often.

Thanks for the suggestions guys :o

Guest Blondberd

I have an idea, it doesn't have to be really large but will be really tall, have multiple layers you have to play through. Using ladders the players will have to fing their way though going up and Dow.

Guest Flaw

I have an idea, it doesn't have to be really large but will be really tall, have multiple layers you have to play through. Using ladders the players will have to fing their way though going up and Dow.

I was thinking tall... but didn't go that far!

Nice idea :unsure:

Guest _CSB_

Its a nice idea Making it on multiple levels. But how would i film you all getting lost then :o

Will probably start working on this tonight if you guys want to join in :unsure:

Guest petersmileyface

That would be just as good!

Reminds me of Pokemon Emerald :unsure:

Its a nice idea Making it on multiple levels. But how would i film you all getting lost then -_-

Will probably start working on this tonight if you guys want to join in :o

I think we should have a tiered maze and the classic maze.

Guest Blondberd

M

Its a nice idea Making it on multiple levels. But how would i film you all getting lost then :o

Will probably start working on this tonight if you guys want to join in :unsure:

Make the entire thing out of glass, So it's even harder to see where you're going. But have some iron blocks for the ladders to be on.

Guest petersmileyface

Make the entire thing out of glass, So it's even harder to see where you're going. But have some iron blocks for the ladders to be on.

That would be somewhat, a pain, but at least we don't have to waste time placing torches :unsure:

But I think it'd be really cool if it was like a classic maze, replacing leaves with a non-transparent block, and have the floor made of glass so people can see others above or below them. This doesn't really change the gameplay, I just thought it'd be cool :o So the complete glass, multi-tier maze idea would be okay.

Sign in to follow this