JR Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Armdys

The (un)official texture pack of JRcraft!

Guest Armdys   
Guest Armdys

Well if you saw my old topic I was creating a texture pack for JR. I had made some progress but then after looking it over I decided to remake it. At this moment it is a 32x32, and the mobs will be just based on things around JR. The villagers will be made after staff, the normal villagers will be Jamie, and the others shall be after other staff. I will be one of them (of course) and Peter will be an Ocelot with the tamed cats will be cats in armor. I plan on making the texture pack cartoony because it's simpler to make, but it's going to be a different (comic book like)

So any suggestions on what the blocks/mobs/items should be? In your suggestion please make in the format as such.

Mob/item/block:General idea of what it should be (picture if it's a bit obscure/different or I don't know what it is):colors

There are five extra villager slots, and here's who I'm thinking of using for them

Joe!: His birthday present XD

Piffy: Real good friend of mine

Due to Piffy wanting to be a skeleton, his place is takin by; Lexie!: She does work hard, and has been feeling bad lately so here's my present to her!

Flaw: Real good friend, plus lots of work on wiki, deserves something else

Spunky: Seems cool, and keeps Jamie sane

Barbermiss: Always works hard on keeping server in peace, stays up very late.

Sorry to staff who weren't included but I went with ones who were closest to me/ work hardest on server. I also went with people who were higher ranked. I will try and add you guys in other places in the texture pack though, and we could make more room if I made Jamie a zombie instead :lol:

So all staff please leave a picture of your skin, I'll add you username somewhere so you can change your skin XD please also add what mob you would preferably like to be if you don't want villager.

So far I have:

Peter as Ocelot (other cats are soldiers, can be other staff if wanted XD)

Villagers: Jamie, Lexie, Joe!, Spunky, Flaw, Barbermiss and myself (unless they'd like to be something else)

Skeleton: Piffy

Zombie: Martin

Enderman: Iggy

Wolf:Callum (CSB)

Guest Armdys   
Guest Armdys

So Piffy just told me he wants to be skeleton instead XD

So look up to see updated list

Guest Emil   
Guest Emil

Just a suggestion, i would work on all the textures first ;D They are more needed than monster/item skins :lol:

Pictures?

Guest Armdys   
Guest Armdys

Just a suggestion, i would work on all the textures first ;D They are more needed than monster/item skins :lol:

Pictures?

None at the moment, I would like people to make some suggestions first.

And at this moment I'm working on whatever I have an idea of what I'm making stuff as

Guest IgbarX   
Guest IgbarX

Armdys, sorry to say, I barely see you on server! What time you usually on?

Real thing is, I want to be in this too! Can I be.......... Enderman?

Guest Armdys   
Guest Armdys

Hard to see me when I haven't been on.

Been very busy... Schedule cleared up a lot

Guest Armdys   
Guest Armdys

Not anything done at this moment =/ I need skins of people for what they want and ideas for blocks and what they should look like

Guest JxAce   
Guest JxAce

I sent you my skin already...

I don't really see how you can change the texture pack to make it JR themed besides maybe adding some JR symbols to everything, and making skins of NPCs into staff...

Guest Armdys   
Guest Armdys

I sent you my skin already...

I don't really see how you can change the texture pack to make it JR themed besides maybe adding some JR symbols to everything, and making skins of NPCs into staff...

Well I was wondering if you wanted to change the colors and stuff. And I was going to make them have border kinda things, like borderlands

Guest Peter   
Guest Peter

JxAce' timestamp=1333303543' post='61783] I don't really see how you can change the texture pack to make it JR themed besides maybe adding some JR symbols to everything, and making skins of NPCs into staff...

That's true, but maybe Carter could make a really smooth and vibrant texture pack to exemplify JR :lol:

Guest Armdys   
Guest Armdys

That's true, but maybe Carter could make a really smooth and vibrant texture pack to exemplify JR :lol:

That's what I ment XD

Guest Armdys   
Guest Armdys

Lol borderlands isn't very vibrant...

Yes but it's emphasized, like... Everything has a thick border

Guest Armdys   
Guest Armdys

UPDATE

-------------

Even while being quite busy I have managed to work on one block!! XD (I'm doing this with program on iPod, pain in the ass >.> takes an hour to do one block)

And the block is grass, I made the grass brighter, but different design, I added more shades of brown to dirt (gives it more energy) and gave borders to the pebbles in the dirt.

Also Peter is now sort of helping me with it, by giving me suggestions of how to improve it

Guest Wavesludge   
Guest Wavesludge

Why do it on your ipod... get GIMP or another program, much better xD

I agree!

I have an iPod Touch and I can imagine what a pain in the rear end it must be to make a texture pack on it >_>

Guest JxAce   
Guest JxAce

My ipod has more cracks in it then most roads >_>

Could never do anything artistic on there XD

Guest Peter   
Guest Peter

Why do it on your ipod... get GIMP or another program, much better xD

I think his netbook would be too slow to run it.

Guest Wavesludge   
Guest Wavesludge

I think his netbook would be too slow to run it.

Gimp has no specific system requirements on it's website but it says a minimum of 128 MB RAM

The larger images you want to edit the more memory you need if you don't want to lag