Sign in to follow this  
Guest ChrisRacer24

Don't know what language to learn

Question

Guest ChrisRacer24

I don't know what language to learn and I have got some knowledge with HTML, CSS, Java, LUA and python. I was thinking more of using a game engine and a compatible language with that language but I don't know of any game engines apart from Unity and I was really bad at that.

Or you might want to learn Java or C#? Using Eclipse for Java and maybe Unity3D or Visual C# for C# :)

If you want to do graphics aswell, you should learn on how to use Blender as these are one of the best free programs I just noted for you :)

Happy coding <3

Guest ChrisRacer24

Thanks Emil I'll try it out later I'm trying to sort out my x10hosting account out at the moment

Guest damsch12

Theres another free graphics engine, Ogre, but it needs a lot more work and it is far more basic than those 2, you also need c++ knowledge. :lol:

You know HTML and CSS, you can add PHP and Javascript to that, to make more dynamic sites.

Guest Peter

ChrisRacer24' timestamp=1334957665' post='63896] I have got some knowledge with HTML, CSS, Java, LUA and python

Extend your knowledge and put them to use. No point learning something if you don't put it to use, ironic that schools do this (i.e. teaching us Maths that we never really use)

Anyway, what have you created with each of those languages?

Guest ChrisRacer24

HTML and CSS are basic stuff like div and stuff but I have put in a navigation bar which changes pictures when you click and hover over it. CSS is so easy. Java I've used for minecraft modding. LUA hardly anything just used it for computer craft and python quite basic stuff which I have mostly forgot.

Guest ChrisRacer24

Thanks for the advice guys. Peter are there any game engines for python? I am going to install python back on my laptop again later then I will get on with it and learn python while I can and hopefully make some cool programs with it.

Guest ChrisRacer24

To be honest, I don't know anything about game dev Chris, maybe Damian might know :lol:

I'll google it later as I am going to sleep now as it is 00:07 in England

Edit:Just googled for it and got a list from python's website for game engines and there is python ogre and pygame (obviously how did I forget about it).

Guest damsch12

To be honest, I don't know anything about game dev Chris, maybe Damian might know :lol:

wish i had :P but my knowledge is about apps dev.

Guest zulu765

Games for iphone/mac = objective c

Windows/andriod = java

Programs = bash,python,c,c+,c++

Server side = python,mysql

Web development = html,css,php ftw!,Jquery,js

Its all about what you want to do

Guest Flaw

Actyally, Zimon and System might know.

Guest Peter

Games for iphone/mac = objective c

Windows/andriod = java

Programs = bash,python,c,c+,c++

Server side = python,mysql

Web development = html,css,php ftw!,Jquery,js

Its all about what you want to do

A nice guideline zulu, thanks for posting :lol:

Guest Flaw

I'm doing a bit of HTML at the moment it's div tags and basic CSS stuff

If you happen to need any help, ask us. A lot of us from the staff know both HTML & CSS well enough :lol:

Guest ChrisRacer24

Learn French!

I am learning French at school and I'm rubbish at it so I'm taking Spanish for my GCSE (I do French and Spanish at the moment I did Spanish last year as well)

You might want to use Game Maker? Simple game engine with their own programming language and drag-and-drop(isn't needed, though).

It's really awesome and you can make advanced games with it aswell :)

You might want to use Game Maker? Simple game engine with their own programming language and drag-and-drop(isn't needed, though).

It's really awesome and you can make advanced games with it aswell :)

My school had that and they have just installed tweet deck for some obscence reason