Carter

The Jr Games!

As we North Hemispherian's inherit our time share of summer (I'm smart that's how I'll describe it XD) the 2012 Summer Olympics are on in London! Most if not all people should know about this due to the fact most every country participating. So myself, Pieman and possibly a few more people have been putting together the JR Games!!

Depending on how successful these turn out I may start holding these every 6 monthes!

jrno.png

[Yes yes I realize it's pretty terrible but hey, I made it on Paint, as Photoshop wasn't on the computer in use, and I suck at it anyway]

The JR Games will take place in Minecraft (being our most used service) and will consist of a wide variety of competitions, in which competitors will compete, and each event will have 3 rankings, and will be awarded points based on their ranking. At the end of the competitions I will add up the points and the person with the most points will win the grand prize (prizes listed below), second place win a fairly good prize, and third will get okay prize. Also Honorable Mentions will recieve a small consolation prize! :D I'm not THAT heartless

Judges: If they are willing you may ask them to time you for your competition, if they are willing, do not pester them if they do not want

1) Myself (Armdys)

2)PhillyGintheCut

3)Wave100

4) Barbermiss

5) Pieman

6) Joe_JRN

7)4SureStoner

8)Smmbod

9) Jack Keeley

10) K2trf

[i'd prefer judges to be staff, but if I deem you trustworthy I will allow a gold/citizen as a judge. Also I'd like some Europeans as judges, and another American, @? =D If you're willing of course]

RULES!

If these are not followed you will be disqualified from this event and next JR Games (if I start another one, just think of it like drugs in real Olympics!)

Mods are not allowed! At all! (Ex. Fly Mod, Speed Mod, Smart Moving Mod, etc etc)

Raging

Breaking Blocks (Unless event calls for it or in PvP arena)

God Mode

Have fun!

1st place Grand Prize

Diamond Block (It's a trophy! >.>)

Diamond Crown (Helmet)

Stack of Cookies

Bow power 4 flame 1 punch 2

Dragon Egg

*More to be announced!*

2nd place prize

Gold Block (Also a trophy :D)

Gold Crown (Helmet)

Cake

Diamond pick Efficiency 2

*More to be announced!*

3rd place prize

Iron Block (Guess what! It's also a trophy!)

Iron Crown (Helmet)

Melon Block

Gold Sword Smite II

*More to be announced!*

Honorable Mentions prize... Thing

Torch (Like in the real Olympics they all go in with a torch sorta >.> so you get one as well :D)

.01 in game cash! (Don't go spend it all in one place!)

Competitiors-

GnomeJRN

Chrisracer24

CommanderAIK

M3PC55

Zolacolor

Xlucic17X

Zulu765

Mecmax445

Majestikmooss

Fushisushi

P3T3R3

Grantphantom

Warmees

Gfdt

Char312

Zzwerling

Lax_man1001

iOwNxBioKing

Adventurer16

System

Legoawsomedude

Chrised

MikeABC123

Master_sword7

Events:

Archery

MA Survival

Tower Climb

99m Dash

Lava Hop

Maze

Boat Races

1v1 Sword fights

Oh and a quick note! I'm allowing staff, Gold, and citizens compete!

I'd like to have 5 competitors before we get these games going so get some friends in here and post that they're joining!

Note!:

Teams are no longer in this! Now it's you alone to compete!

*Disclaimer

Unlike the real Olympics, I do not guarantee you will live, so please do not bring any materials to competitions as you may very well lose them! :o

I will provide items for the events so just bring your cubic pixelated self to the competition!

First Shot of The Grounds!

JRgames.png

The Tower!

2012-06-14_235103.png

Think you can scale it?

The Track!

2012-06-14_235114.png

Where the running events will be held. Think you can take gold here?

Will it or has it had an opening ceremony? That would be awesome XD you could use redstone lamps and possibly minecraft people, it would be sooo cool XD but probably difficult

Well I would, but the way I'd like to have it set up we wouldn't really be able to have a live stream, but I'd like to have a every other daily report of the scores, having 1-2ish people at the grounds like a news reporter and announce current top 5 and their points or something

@Jamie, quick question, could I just have someone bring this over for me without filling out one of the forms? The dimensions of the area are fairly odd, and it's also quite large (around 3000ish blocks)

And I have finished my post about the judging! Check it out here!

And I will be allowing more entries after today!

@Jamie, quick question, could I just have someone bring this over for me without filling out one of the forms? The dimensions of the area are fairly odd, and it's also quite large (around 3000ish blocks)

And I have finished my post about the judging! Check it out here!

And I will be allowing more entries after today!

Takes two mins to fill out the form. Do it and it'll be done

i know we already have an arena for the current JR games but I had an idea for the next ones already. Maybe instead of using the same ones every time have a massive build competition. You could open it out to everyone to build all the facilities required (running track, archery area, ect.) and the person or group of people who build the best arena and facilities could host it in that arena (similar to how countries would have to bid too). I know its probably a bit early for an idea like this but i figured it would be helpful for the next jrgames.

i know we already have an arena for the current JR games but I had an idea for the next ones already. Maybe instead of using the same ones every time have a massive build competition. You could open it out to everyone to build all the facilities required (running track, archery area, ect.) and the person or group of people who build the best arena and facilities could host it in that arena (similar to how countries would have to bid too). I know its probably a bit early for an idea like this but i figured it would be helpful for the next jrgames.

Nice idea, I'll take it into consideration

Takes two mins to fill out the form. Do it and it'll be done

Alright I'll get it measured out

I know its not confirmed yet but if there is another Jr games I have made an arena that could be used while I was in creative. @chrisced and @ both helped me build it. The arena warp is /warp jrarena

I've attached some pictures of it if you want to see.

I made this in creative but obviously the JrGames would have to be done in survival so no one can cheat. Would I be able to transfer this into the new world (preferably in metro city) to be used for the next JrGames?

Since I posted the last screen shots some extra work was done so to see it you will need to go to /warp jrarena

post-9099-0-57203700-1343750037_thumb.pn

post-9099-0-24100700-1343750040_thumb.pn

post-9099-0-15511800-1343750044_thumb.pn

post-9099-0-77113700-1343750046_thumb.pn

post-9099-0-10416600-1343750053_thumb.pn

post-9099-0-71301600-1343750099_thumb.pn

post-9099-0-36618800-1343750106_thumb.pn

post-9099-0-98508400-1343750128_thumb.pn

post-9099-0-68281400-1343750132_thumb.pn