PhillyGinTheCut

The /sell and /buy command

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the command taken out?

• YES!, I want to go back to the old jr
    • NO!, I like jr just the way it is now!

I know that there is alot of issues with the economy right now but here's my take on this command. I think that it should be taken out for some of the following reasons...

1)It ruins the economy because everyone has TONS of money and nobody is buying anything from anyone in the shops. There just doing the /sell or /buy command to get there items.

2)Nobody is going to vote anymore cause you only get 150$ and no one is going to even bother voting when they have thousands of dollars. So JR is not going to show up on the voting board.

3)Everyone loses all there items in shops cause people are just buying them all out with this obserd amounts of money and when the economy gets reset every time the person that gets the items taken form them also gets the money taken from them too.

Now you might say...But Phil! I have so much money how do you hate that? Well i love having tons of money but when its worth nothing the economy is no fun anymore.

If you want the JR community let along the economy to end up like the american economy you will vote YES! to get the command taken out of the server. Thank you.

**(And when i mean "The old JR" meaning no problems with economy and inflation.)**

I'm going to attempt to respond with my thoughts to each of the points you made, to keep what you've identified as the major issues seperate.

PhillyGinTheCut' timestamp=1338595466' post='70627] 1)It ruins the economy because everyone has TONS of money and nobody is buying anything from anyone in the shops. There just doing the /sell or /buy command to get there items.

If everyone is truly doing this, then the shopowners are also doing this and have no need for their shops anymore. Because the command shop auto adjusts, there isn't ever a constant, unlimited supply of anything like there was with Fresco. Furthermore, I don't agree that everyone has tons of money - this is the first time I've ever had more than 16~18k, and I only have ~47k now, of which I'm using most of it for the golf course, so I won't be 'rich' for much longer.

PhillyGinTheCut' timestamp=1338595466' post='70627] 2)Nobody is going to vote anymore cause you only get 150$ and no one is going to even bother voting when they have thousands of dollars. So JR is not going to show up on the voting board.

I must agree with this - but there is an easy solution, to set voting back to what it was. Everyone has been heavily complaining for quite a while that there is no way to get a lot of money, so that they can buy things and build things at a massive scale. If we go back to the way it was, and set voting back at 1500, then everyone on the server will be highly mad that they are again limited by money.

Also, if there is easy money to be had, there will be much less spamming on the server now for the MA and things that people do almost constantly to get money. If we go back to this method, there is a probability that I don't like that many people would leave JR, because they are tired of having to wait to buy blocks to build with since they can realistically only get 1500 per day (b/c on a normal day when people shout to join the ma, nobody does, so there is no gain from that although there could be).

PhillyGinTheCut' timestamp=1338595466' post='70627] 3)Everyone loses all there items in shops cause people are just buying them all out with this obserd amounts of money and when the economy gets reset every time the person that gets the items taken form them also gets the money taken from them too.

If the economy is so saturated as you claim, and everyone is rich now, why do they not buy more blocks? Or stop having a store and just use the command shop that made them rich in the first place? I don't see why they would keep up with it anymore - they made the shop originally because they wanted to make more than 1500 per day.

---------------

What we haven't seen about the command shop yet is that it not only auto-adjusts to prevent inflation, but there is a limited supply of items that it will buy until it pays out nothing for items, and acts merely as a disposal. Furthermore, you cannot buy items unless the items already exist in the shop. So you can't purchase an unlimited quantity of diamonds like you could with the showcase at Fresco.

The only thing I see as a problem with the CommandShop is that certain items such as Ice, Dragon Eggs, and Sponges cannot be bought or sold, so those items are restrictive at the moment to only what exists naturally in the world.

Once prices get stabilized I believe that it will be more realistic and people won't be able to get rich without working for it. Right now some people have large amounts of items that had crazy prices. We have been making adjustments to prices to make things more realistic. I have had my money go up and down from 500000 down to 1000 several times and now it is down to a reasonable 10000 last time just by buying and selling. People will invest in projects if they have a lot of money or it won't affect the economy at all. Just give it a chance to get stable.

Robert

I Think that the Economy should stay the way it is, personnaly i Love the new economy, its just what i was hoping for, i can buy anything i dont have with me when im building with a single command! :P anyways, i think that the voting yes, might be alittle bit of a change, i think that most people that are against it are the shop owners and the people that lost there glitched money when Jamie first setup the New DynamicShop, and diamonds and everything were selling for way to much, many restarts latter, everything was fixed, and all the people that had sold their items at the high prices were Pissed off, on the server i continue to see the people that lost money that night are mainly the ones that are complaining, my point of view, i think the New Economy Should stay.

I Think that the Economy should stay the way it is, personnaly i Love the new economy, its just what i was hoping for, i can buy anything i dont have with me when im building with a single command! :P anyways, i think that the voting yes, might be alittle bit of a change, i think that most people that are against it are the shop owners and the people that lost there glitched money when Jamie first setup the New DynamicShop, and diamonds and everything were selling for way to much, many restarts latter, everything was fixed, and all the people that had sold their items at the high prices were Pissed off, on the server i continue to see the people that lost money that night are mainly the ones that are complaining, my point of view, i think the New Economy Should stay.

I agree with that.

We are constantly trying to make things work better, give this a chance and you will have a better economy. AND chest shop owners will win as they can sell things at a certain rate without it changing (which people would love, especially if it would be cheap :P)

I think this system will encourage chest shop trading

Jamie' timestamp=1338624980' post='70665] AND chest shop owners will win as they can sell things at a certain rate without it changing (which people would love, especially if it would be cheap
But no one is gonna wanna go to chest shops because like Jack_Keeley said he can just "type in a command to get the item" instead of buying it from chest shops because lets be honest people are lazy and there not going wanna go find a certain item if they can just type it in the chat. So if it stays no one is going to do chest shops and that idea is going to die.

But no one is gonna wanna go to chest shops because like Jack_Keeley said he can just "type in a command to get the item" instead of buying it from chest shops because lets be honest people are lazy and there not going wanna go find a certain item if they can just type it in the chat. So if it stays no one is going to do chest shops and that idea is going to die.

I think that's a good thing. No more in game spam of "WHO SELLS ____?" or "COME TO /WARP _____ I GOT STUFF" all the time. But it won't kill them. The people who have a spot in the mall will definitely not be killed; too many people know about the mall. Furthermore, if people band together and start their own mall (which they can do since they have money to build one), even less people will be forgotten.

I think that's a good thing. No more in game spam of "WHO SELLS ____?" or "COME TO /WARP _____ I GOT STUFF" all the time. But it won't kill them. The people who have a spot in the mall will definitely not be killed; too many people know about the mall. Furthermore, if people band together and start their own mall (which they can do since they have money to build one), even less people will be forgotten.

O and the spam from the macro's isnt annoying? and i never see anyone spam the chat with that maybe like twice a week maybe and it will kill cause NOBODY WILL GO. and im not talking about the mall im talking about the people that have there own spot in the world they will be killed. And also we can lose members cause i see people come to the server just for the the chestshop. And if they see that no one buys from them they arent going to stay on the server for that long.

MAbye If there was a way that Jamie could set a limit to the stock of each item at a given time, like only 200 diamonds can be on the dynamicshop at once, don't know if the possible though, it would force people to sell there stuff at chest shops.

MAbye If there was a way that Jamie could set a limit to the stock of each item at a given time, like only 200 diamonds can be on the dynamicshop at once, don't know if the possible though, it would force people to sell there stuff at chest shops.

That could be a pretty good idea, but im not sure if its possible (Looked through the DynEco configs, might have missed it). We are able to manually remove stock though, but that won't help much.

That could be a pretty good idea, but im not sure if its possible (Looked through the DynEco configs, might have missed it). We are able to manually remove stock though, but that won't help much.

Ya :/ i got the plugin and looked throguh the items yml and couldnt find anything :/, mabye there is another thing like dynamic shop, but its not dynamic, although it requires people to be in a area to use the commands,

it called CommandShops, would give you link but bukkit dev seems to be down for me :/

But no one has stock in their shops since its all been bought and sold. So it would take ages for the economy to boot up again, plus half the materials in the world are probably in the plugin so all of it would be lost.

Ok! I thought about it, and I believe that the economy was pretty bad a while ago. I just felt like everything was wrong, the Fresco shop became useless and overpriced, compared to chest shops. But now, people will go bankrupt if they try to match the /buy shop. So I believe that it's all wrong now, and that chest shops become more of a hobby.

Or maybe we can just go back to when there was no /buy or /sell command there was nothing wrong with just chest shops before why cant we just go back instead having to deal with all these issues.

Or maybe we can just go back to when there was no /buy or /sell command there was nothing wrong with just chest shops before why cant we just go back instead having to deal with all these issues.

That's highly subjective - there was a lot wrong with it. If that happens I can guarantee I would not use a chest shop again. I'm tired of having to spend upwards of twenty minutes going to all the warps with 'shop' in their name looking for one that sells what I need at a price I'm willing to pay.

If your suggestion happens, I'd only use them to attempt to gain money.

The reason i'd like to keep /buy and /sell (even though i just found out we had it) is because it is hard to make a chest shop and earn money. all the people will go to the big shops that the millionaires own because they are well known and have low prices because they don't even need the resources they put in shops because they have so much money. when i try to make a shop, nobody acknowledges it because it doesn't have the low prices or known name because i need money to grow in the first place and other peoples shops never have a buy option, just sell. so i want to keep the /buy so everyone can enjoy having a bit of money once in a while. i mean if it was just possible to make it /sell then I would be fine with it because i'll still be able to buy stuff from others and make them richer.

Ok, I have a suggestion, get your materials the "old fashioned way". Instead of looking for 20 minutes how about you spend around 5 getting the materials you want. Seriously the /sell and /buy command has already cause problems. Here are just a few:

1. People are abusing it and buying materials from Fresco and then reselling them for a higher price (I know it was fixed)

2. People are doing the same thing with chest shops, this is different from the first one because now people are putting chest shops out of business and GAINING money by doing it.

3. All the work put into chest shops will be wasted and a lot of the people that had them will not be happy.

4. It gets rid of the original MC way of doing things. If you need materials go and gather materials rather then buy infinite amounts from nowhere.

Several of these problems have put people in Bankruptcy (not literally) and have no materials to /sell because some idiot has already bought all their stuff from their shop. Fortunately I was able to close my shop before this happened to me but two other people, that I know of, have had this happen to them. If you agree with me then vote to get the old JR back. If you don't agree then feel free to do what you want. Just know that once we do this I seriously doubt we will ever go back.