Tech Bot

commanderAIK

Tech bot  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think any action should be take in favor of this topic?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which idea should be carried?

• commanderAIK's bot idea
    • Ant's autorespond idea
    • Both
    • Neither

Hey JRN!

This is a suggestion for JRcraft. I'm thinking that we should get the plugin called techbot. Techbot is like an auto responder. So it will answer configured phrases that it detects. EXAMPLE: When a new player asks "can I have op?" Instead of a staff member having to answer, the TechBot plugin will respond to it. So the plugin will say "[player], you cannot have op. Go to /warp rankmeup to find out more about ranks! They can also respond to "hello" messages. They can welcome new players and do a whole lot for JRcraft!

You can find the bukkit link here. This is also, in my opinion, easy to configure and shouldn't take too long to figure out!

Thanks,

Alex

We had this once, I forgot why we removed. I think it was because you had to type the phrase LETTER by LETTER or else it would not respond. :/

Yes we did have this once! We removed it because it kept private messaging people stupid things. I think if the word fly was in the sentence then the bot would go nuts and send them the canned response.

No! I don't want to be replaced by a machine! It will steal jobs!

I JK, this sounds like a good idea if it is correctly configured, so it doesn't spam people. So for example, if I say people, I don't want it to send me a message because it has OP in it. I hope it gets implemented!

If we do re-install this (I can't remember what the last plugin for this was called), we will have to keep the answers appropriate and professional because the last time Jamie configured it, the responses were very ... human. Oh and that's it, it was so human that some players got scared/intimidated by it because they had no idea who kept sending these messages to them :lol:

I wonder if Jamie wants Plugin Developers or something :P

I remember him saying in a post that he does not want anyone other than him or Antony to mess with the code, so I guess not :mellow:

Back to the topic.

If we do re-install this (I can't remember what the last plugin for this was called), we will have to keep the answers appropriate and professional because the last time Jamie configured it, the responses were very ... human. Oh and that's it, it was so human that some players got scared/intimidated by it because they had no idea who kept sending these messages to them :lol:

But guys, I think that link I gave in the first post I made is more up to date. I actually recall it mentioning that it can only look for a few words in a certain phrase to respond correctly. Example, if the plugin was coded to respond to only the word, "Hi," it could still be coded to respond to "Hi, I'm new"

What would be better would be an IRC-type bot, such that if staff notice something in the chat, then they can just do /! <faqtitle> to display a predefined text block.

Such as

• /! fly
  • /! op
  • /! ranks

Each would then just throw out a predefined block of text.

Another way to achieve this would be through regex replacement. We could setup a listener for words beginning with "!" to be replaced with predefined text blocks like

!fly

Would be converted into

{A} Ant59 All players may fly on this server. To make use of flight, please install Zombe's mod by visiting the following link: http://likeicarewhatthelinkis.sometld/

For that you can just use a Macro mod for mc and press a single button to post the message. The thing i hate about bots/macro's is that the chat is geting "spammed" with the same "Do this and that in order to gain a fish" over and over again. <-- Can really be pissin me off when seeing that message every 5min