Jamie

Batch Script - Computer Clean and Speed Up

Question

Hey guys,

Well as you know I have been working at a computer store as an IT Consultant for over a year now. I have plenty of experience in all fields of computing. I know a lot of users have slow PC's, full of viruses etc.

I will be writing a new version of my original batch application to help users at JR get a more useful computer :) This application will basically guide and help you fix and diagnose issues with your computer :D I will also be posting on how to speed up your computer to reach its max potentional. I'm taking my time on this so as soon as it is done I'll post this up :D

Wavesludge, Chris, Peter and 6 others like this

55 answers to this question

I'll have a beta up tomorrow. Just need to recode a lot of it, It'll have Windows XP and Windows 7 Compatibly (Windows Vista will be compatible as it basically uses what windows 7 does)

I guess you're not a mac coder then? :P

Jking :) its fine if u cant make a mac version :)

sounds like a great app for your pc :) I hope it works

Jaime, I can turn your batch file into an exe. That way, no one can accidently screw it up with notepad, or plagiarize.

Also, I can detect which OS that the app is running on with the exe.

Jaime, I can turn your batch file into an exe. That way, no one can accidently screw it up with notepad, or plagiarize.

Also, I can detect which OS that the app is running on with the exe.

I can do that too :D If I need your help I'll message you though :D

I guess you're not a mac coder then? :P

Jking :) its fine if u cant make a mac version :)

sounds like a great app for your pc :) I hope it works

Thought macs dont need maintennce, clean up... Does it all its self. doesn't it ;) (Stupid mac fanboys)

Peter, Wavesludge and k2trf like this

Wow, Jaime, you do everything...

I learnt that long ago and also I think Jamie has the knowledge of someone who has been an IT consultant for 5 years at least :P but anyway on topic I think most of us could do with this

Thing is Chris I have been working with computing for my whole life since I was about 3 :D

Wow that's a long time about 15 years so you should know that stuff if you've been working with/on computers since you were about 3

Wave100, k2trf, Wavesludge and 2 others like this

For all you mac ( >_> ) and Linux ( :D ) users out there, I'll try to make a shell script with similar functionality when Jamie releases his source.

Thought macs dont need maintennce, clean up... Does it all its self. doesn't it ;) (Stupid mac fanboys)

Thing is Chris I have been working with computing for my whole life since I was about 3 :D

Beat you. I started programming at age two.

Anyway, I hope this fixes the slowness what Windows 7 causes. Worst operating system ever. :(

All Windows machines slow down over time. I got a new one, it was fast, now it's slowing down. :)

Edit: Oh whoops, wrong Smiley...:(

For all you mac ( >_> ) and Linux ( :D ) users out there, I'll try to make a shell script with similar functionality when Jamie releases his source.

You won't really be able to copy the functionality as this is windows that is unix :P Two entirely different backends :P

Wave100, Wavesludge and Zimon like this

Bullseye55' timestamp=1339379022' post='72984] Anyway, I hope this fixes the slowness what Windows 7 causes. Worst operating system ever.

No

Windows Vista, 'nough said

Zolacolor likes this

No

Windows Vista, 'nough said

I can 2nd that takes 5 hours to install

Windows XP 1 hour to install

Windows 7 1.5 hours to install

And windows vista has a load of problems with it like not logging off and gets stuck on logging off animation

I've had Windows Vista for a couple of years...then it said that the registry was missing so it couldn't boot! WTF!!!

Anyway, i just noticed that the acronym for back on topic is BOT. :P

Wave100 likes this

You won't really be able to copy the functionality as this is windows that is unix :P Two entirely different backends :P

A man can try.. :P

And, fuzzy, that's nothing. A virus once ate my flippin' SYSTEM32!

You can imagine my surprise when I wake up one morning, boot up, and see

"WARNING: FAILED TO START. CANNOT FIND SYSTEM32.

Press any key to shut down.."

Peter, Chris and k2trf like this