JR Network
Jamie

Batch Script - Computer Clean and Speed Up

Question

Hey guys,

Well as you know I have been working at a computer store as an IT Consultant for over a year now. I have plenty of experience in all fields of computing. I know a lot of users have slow PC's, full of viruses etc.

I will be writing a new version of my original batch application to help users at JR get a more useful computer :) This application will basically guide and help you fix and diagnose issues with your computer :D I will also be posting on how to speed up your computer to reach its max potentional. I'm taking my time on this so as soon as it is done I'll post this up :D

57 answers to this question

Here is a nice screenshot.

It's half working, I'm going to have a look at sorting it and finishing it now. You can see the last modified date was 2013, Just a little proof it wasn't bull. I did have this working and was testing it in work till I had to leave my job for another. Which at that point I didn't need to use the script.

2017-05-02.png

I'm rewriting some of the code as its unusable with Windows 10, but the current feature list has:

• Detection of a internet connection problem with methods to try and fix the connection
  • Quick Clean
  • Full Clean (Including Desktop Icon Cleanup, Registry Cleanup, Batch Fixes for Common Problems)
  • Quick backup from main drive document folders to a designated area
  • Computer installation with common programs and optimisations

It is in progress and I have cut the code from 4000 lines of code to under 3000, but I am rewriting some of the functions. I will release it when I feel it is suitable for Windows 10 and the features are working as intended. This won't be another 4 years. This will probably take up to a week / two weeks. 

Also to note, this is a technicians tool to put on a USB to help with slow annoying computers, it won't fix 100% of issues but it will run most freeware tools techies use today so you don't have to install them all manually, itll load the USB on to the computer, so you can put it in another computer and have both computers cleaning at the same time.

I made this to make life simple inside work, it did really help and sped up machines for us when we used them.

I am re-working on this as number #1 I guess if people are looking for it on google, might as well make it available and #2 I need something like this in work again.

Just to show, there has been progress.

I'm currently in the process of:

• Taking away some repetitive functionality. There is only two clean up modes now
  • Added a seperate place to run branding so you can brand a computer after you install / clean it
  • Moved installation in to it's own section so after you have built a computer, or opened it out of a box you can run a installation process. To run this mode you need to either buy ninite pro or use a trial to download what install programs you need and to package up the install process. due to copyright and legality we can not include this in the package
  • Downloaded and updated the latest, ccleaner, defraggler, iobits uninstaller applications. You can run these on the USB
  • Rewriting the functionality of plugin USB, start and remove USB. So it automatically copies files and folders needed to run lazy drive so you can remove the USB for use with another computer
  • Network tests now have it's own area and rewrote some of the commands
  • Making all functionality work with windows 10, since the tool was created first in 2012 and was in operation in my repair shop till 2013 it was never updated for the world of 2017

I'm not only redesigning this for you guys / technicians to use but so I have a tool that I can use in work so watch this space. I'm hoping to have something out for you to trial soon.

Untitled.png

Few screenshots on the programs start routine, have been attached.

Also another note, on starting the application, the computers system info will be logged on the USB key so if you ever need to go back and check how much ram, versions etc. You can do with ease.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Looks good @Jamie, can't you release a beta already or give estimate on when it's finished? You said maybe max 3 weeks, we're some months later..

On 10-6-2017 at 5:24 PM, Jamie said:

Just to show, there has been progress.

I'm currently in the process of:

• Taking away some repetitive functionality. There is only two clean up modes now
  • Added a seperate place to run branding so you can brand a computer after you install / clean it
  • Moved installation in to it's own section so after you have built a computer, or opened it out of a box you can run a installation process. To run this mode you need to either buy ninite pro or use a trial to download what install programs you need and to package up the install process. due to copyright and legality we can not include this in the package
  • Downloaded and updated the latest, ccleaner, defraggler, iobits uninstaller applications. You can run these on the USB
  • Rewriting the functionality of plugin USB, start and remove USB. So it automatically copies files and folders needed to run lazy drive so you can remove the USB for use with another computer
  • Network tests now have it's own area and rewrote some of the commands
  • Making all functionality work with windows 10, since the tool was created first in 2012 and was in operation in my repair shop till 2013 it was never updated for the world of 2017

I'm not only redesigning this for you guys / technicians to use but so I have a tool that I can use in work so watch this space. I'm hoping to have something out for you to trial soon.

Untitled.png

Few screenshots on the programs start routine, have been attached.

Also another note, on starting the application, the computers system info will be logged on the USB key so if you ever need to go back and check how much ram, versions etc. You can do with ease.