fushisushi

Swearing On JRCraft

I wanted to see what would happen if we allowed it for a bit but not in a bad context... Which wasn't too bad. I'm sure we will have a staff meeting about this.... But yeah it's disallowed for now before I go mental

Okay.

This is my point of view on swearing etc, and may not reflect how other people look at this!

TL:DR

Keep the harsh language "normal" level, and don't begin saying bad stuff for no reason.

I would say that swearing should be allowed on the server, to a certain point that is.

if someone falls off a ledge and suddenly goes "Oh F*ck!", dies to a monster and begins saying "You damn bitchy zombie!" then i won't mind it at all. Why? Because i would do that myself, or atleast think it.

On the other hand, if someone just begins swearing for no reason at all, and shouts crap out to players or any other real/fictional person, then i would say it is not okay!

Agreed with @Emil. I was surprised when Jamie started swearing, yet I didn't join in since it was utter mayhem. I don't care about swearing, yet I think that there should be some restrictions. But remember that small people play on JR, so basically don't swear too much (like limit it to "mild" language, not super rude).

Okay well the thing I have with swearing on the server is the younger players, I don't think we should be the blame in teaching children words that there parents will not be okay with (not saying they can learn it else where).

I do agree with Qu but I still think we should tell the players to watch what they are saying for the younger children.

That's just my personal opinion.

JuggaGirl' timestamp=1339622611' post='73721] I do agree with Qu but I still think we should tell the players to watch what they are saying for the younger children.

Quoting myself here:

Emil' timestamp=1339620775' post='73702] Keep the harsh language "normal" level, and don't begin saying bad stuff for no reason.

Or as i said on the server, only say bad stuff when you _need_ to, not just because you can do it.

here is what i think i think it should be an imediate 2 hour ban from the server if you say Freak(i dont like saying that word) you or a racial slur a kick if you use shoot(again dont like saying it) in a sentence or some sort of sexist quote once and a 3 strike warning if you use any form of deamining term to other users.

also i think we should use /vote system if two staff members are quarelling on what to do with a small misdemenor like for example a small dissagreement on who is to blame on the server

Well I think everyone is taking this way too far. Having a punishment for swearing is a bit harsh, but allowing you to say, for example in the skyblock and you fall off, you might, "Oh s***!" For me, I only begin the word, and never finish it. I think it should be left that way, if you mean to say it, but don't, it's fine, if you say whole world, a staff guy will just say, "be careful of language, kids here ya know?"

I agree with, well... everyone. In my opinion, as long as swears are not being used to hurt someone's feelings, or to troll, I think they are acceptable to certain limits. Like a sentence can't be **** you ****, why is you ****? Because **** ***** *******************. Yeah, not that. Stars are pretty, what's behind them is not. I remember an instance where Staff who will not be named over reacted. So other staff who will not be named said "GTFO troll!" The troll was trolling, worse than most, talking about hacking and mean stuff. So first staff who will not be named said, "no language. There are children, and swears are not tolerated here at JR. Obey the language rules, or get out." Yeah. First of all, it was abbreviated. Second of all, it was perfectly acceptable time to say GTFO. That's what the entire server (except that staff it seemed) wanted to happen. When it comes to language, it's all about context. Why are you swearing? THink about that BEFORE you use language.

I have yet to find a "need" to swear on the server ...to actually take the time to write a cuss word down. I have a favorite cuss word and if your on skype with me you might hear it. but I don't need to use it in open chat. I have to laugh at the people who are trying to block it from the "little players" ...they seem to be the ones who use it the most. Most use cuss words because they don't know a better word to use in it's place. When I hit my finger with a hammer I most likely will say an expletive just because "ouch" just didn't make it feel better. Most people who know me ..know you have to get me really mad to say some cuss words. But I never cuss in the company of children, even if they are cussing at me. I am very adamant about the use of "God" unless it's in a prayer, to me that is the worse profanity anyone can use and I don't like it used in my presence and most know it. I will warn you a lot before I take action with cuss words...that's just me. (soap box put away) :P

If there are no restrictions, people are going to swear all they can, and find useless excuses. Saying "badword" doesnt bother me (except when its the badwordanic badwordanium full of enbadwordies), however there is going to be too much swearing if we do not put many limits.