k2trf

How To Be Good On An Internet Forum

Because I often see people (mainly on the server) complaining that they aren't good at posting on forums, or don't know how, here is a video that may help some people understand the Rules of the Internet. Not Anon's rules - those are usually not directed at forums. This video is.

Please do not attempt to edit this and embed the video; this video will not play when embedded. (The uploader has it set so that embedding of the video isn't allowed, and you have to go out to YouTube to watch it.)

Click

to watch it over on YouTube instead. Edited by k2trf

I liked it, although this video is geared towards adults (as it makes fun of teenagers...) which is not the majority of forum goers on JR :|

Still a nice find though, if everyone learned the "Don't feed the troll" rule, the world would be a better place <3

So... Forum rules eh?

CHALLANGE ACCEPTED!

1. Find a Forum

2. Click a Topic

3. Post a Comment

4. Spam the hell out of it, (I wouldn't if I were you)

5. Talk about some stuff

6. get some kind of reputation

7. Congrats! You know the rules of a forum page!

iOwNxBioKing' timestamp=1340539657' post='75207] So... Forum rules eh?

Rules of a forum? You should be referring to these :P

1. Find a Forum

2. Click a Topic

3. Post a Comment

4. Spam the hell out of it, (I wouldn't if I were you)

5. Talk about some stuff

6. get some kind of reputation

7. Congrats! You know the rules of a forum page!

That's more like what or what not to do on a forum :lol:

rules of the internet:

1. use the internet

2. use an internet

3. USE THE INTERNET!!!!

like seriously...

Please don't ask for likes... I am really tired of the people on facebookdoing it and it's really stupid an immature. If I like your post then I will like it, but even if I like it and you had asked for a like I won't like it.

best ever :D

I believe that that counts as a two word post, which are looked down apon here. Please don't post unless you have more to offer.

---------------

Good find K2, maybe we should have a help sign thing on the server if people don't know how to use the forums. Which I find somewhat sad since most of the pages of topics has a topic on how to use the section properly. Even some people put in the topic itself that they only want real answers in their topic.

Peter' timestamp=1340570948' post='75270] Rules of a forum? You should be referring to these

hmmm... much easier to follow my rules! jk... jk

Blondberd' timestamp=1340634371' post='75330] Please don't ask for likes... I am really tired of the people on facebookdoing it and it's really stupid an immature. If I like your post then I will like it, but even if I like it and you had asked for a like I won't like it

I was not asking for likes, just saying seriously guys, it's just too easy

Peter' timestamp=1340570948' post='75270] That's more like what or what not to do on a forum

It wasn't ment to be an acctual set of rules, just something that was ment to be funny

Blondberd' timestamp=1340634371' post='75330] Good find K2, maybe we should have a help sign thing on the server if people don't know how to use the forums. Which I find somewhat sad since most of the pages of topics has a topic on how to use the section properly. Even some people put in the topic itself that they only want real answers in their topic.

We are actually a 'quest' system, like Runescape's Tutorial Island. The idea is that Tourists get introduced to all these things, as well as the forums, as they play the quests. Plus it would give it a more RPG feel to it (which I believe is what Jamie has been after lately).