JR Network
Alexandra

My Giant House

Well, I just wrote out this entire post.... except I hit the backspace key when I wasn't in the text box... so I lost it all... FFFFFF ...Here we go again!

As some of you may know, I have been working extremely hard on a giant scale house in the creative world on our server! Not many people have expressed interest in taking part in it.. so I figured I'd make this post to get it out to more people.

Disclaimer: I AM VERY PICKY!! If I don't like what you build in MY house, I have EVERY right to tear it down or modify it as I see fit!

If you are interested... here is my project on planetminecraft.

Here is the video for one of my completed rooms:

If you would like to take part, or you just like the project, leave a comment. If you want to take part, I will ask you to build something.. if I like what you build, YOU ARE IN! If not, you can try again... but chances are, you're out.

I only ask that people be DEDICATED to this project. It is a huge project and needs a LOT of work... which means I can't have people just abandoning it (this has happened to me on more than one occasion!)

Obviously this project is very large and requires a lot of work... it would get done a lot more quickly with some help from the rest of you!

And don't worry! If you don't think you'll be good at building large things... this project is a project within a project! That means I need people to build me normal sized cities within the furniture and under the house... I already have a few places that need small cities, so if you're up to the challenge, leave a comment below!

EDIT: I forgot to mention! If you want to see this in person on the server, head to /warp bigbedroom, /warp kitchen, or /warp bigbathroom!

EDIT AGAIN: If you're not good at building, I need LOTS of help with redstone! I'm a redstone idiot and I need things like sinks/toilets/showers/ etc. to work! (Not only stuff water related, but you redstone geniuses could probably come up with a bunch more ideas!)

EDIT AGAIN AGAIN: Here is the layout of the house if you'd like to know what it will be like when it's finished! There will also be 1-2 rooms added... a baby room and possibly an office. :)

I wasn't aware of this Alex - this looks epic! I wish I could be committed to something as awesome looking as this! Maybe I could just help with one of the 'ant cities' (since they'll be so tiny in this house :P ), but I don't know if I could make that commitment at the moment. :\

Also, if you're running Firefox, there is a plugin called Lazarus, which can help if you have a minor error like that in the future.

@k2trf That's what I would be looking for.. except for I use Google Chrome. Know anything like that for Google Chrome? I'm very tempted to just switch back to firefox. Also, thanks! I really need to find some dedicated people.. even if they're only dedicated to building a few things.. AS LONG AS they don't abandon something half-way through!

@Peter I scrapped the entire first house and this is a completely new house with a completely new layout... AND it's twice as big! The old house used to be 1 block = 2 inches, this house is 1 block = 1 inch!

No, sorry I don't (I only use Firefox) :(

If I say I'll do it, it won't be something I abandon. I may not work on it for a day or two at a time (although if that happens, I'll most likely just not be on the server at all, or not much at all), but it wouldn't be abandoned.

It really just depends on my college bull (meaning how much more of it I have to go through before I'm all set for next semester). If I am able to help, I will let you know. Also, do you have a warp? I would love to just visit a few times even if I can't help! Nevermind - saw the edit to the OP :P

@Peter The walls are 108 blocks tall, equaling 9 real-life feet. I have about another 100 blocks to go, I already measured it... but I'm sure that will be enough! Now I just need to find a good roof builder :P

Here is the layout of the house, except I am adding 1-2 rooms (I really want a baby room and an office).

@k2trf I know all about that.. I'm in University, too.. I tend to not play at all when things get rough. If you want to contribute in any way, I'd love to have you help! :) Like I said, as long as it's not abandoned, I don't have any problems with it! (1-7 days is fine, any longer than that (unless you notify me) will be considered abandoned and will be deleted or completed by me).

Nice video, Looks really good :o

What happened to the TV though... confuzzled me :S

I can help with redstone (I can wire, not very good at creating new mechanisms, but anything with a video I can copy :D) although I'm not on the minecraft server often. Can always shoot me a message on skype I suppose (look on my profile, skype name is there).

Good luck with the rest, the few parts I've seen are good!

P.S. Congratulations on getting admin again :D

Eh doesn't really matter if it wasn't redstone or not you guys still had the creativity and imagination to make it. But of course I don't know what I was really saying because I don't know the limitations or pros to that plugin but anyway :P

Is there any other interactions you plan to add Alex?

I've had the good fortune to visit this morning (morning for me? 1am? Eh, whatever), and I am just blown away. I am literally having a mind orgy right now, and I want to put this down before I go to bed for about 7 hours.

@Alexandra - this is by far the most epic thing I have yet seen in Minecraft, and I will have to make a commitment to help with it!

I doubt I'd be able to do a lot of the large scale building, but I would love to help with the small hidden towns - some of the blockdoors you've got running are just amazing! Entire drawers can open and close, the space underneath the bed is like an ancient lost city, the space above the closet in the bedroom is absolutely mind boggling!

You have clearly spent oodles of time on this, and I tip my hat to you on your obvious cleverness and dedication to such a task!

gallery_9146_24_1789.jpg

When I am able to do so, I would like very much to start assisting with this magnificent build! I may also be able to assist a bit with Redstone, as I am a bit proficient with it, but I'm sure others could blow me out of the water in that regard.

Thanks Alex! This made my day/night/whatever! This is just amazing! :D

Important Information

By using JR, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.