4surestoner

places of worship

4 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no

• yes
    • no

I don't think we should go crazy and build places of worship everywhere around the server. In addition to your suggestion, a huge complex should be built where there are rooms separated for each religion.

umm , I am a religious person (orthodox) , just wanted to get that out there before i say this.

Religion is kind of a bad subject to put in a game , it creates a "barrier" between players. Isn't minecraft a game where no one cares about each others' religion , nationality and race? I suggest we do not build a church , as i see it might not be comfortable for some people too.

Agreed with @lukabuzka11 Doing this makes a HUGE barrier with people. I've noticed that video games and religious places do not work very well (i.e. there usually greifed, tnt'd, flamed ect.) lets just make minecraft, minecraft and relgion (not saying its bad or needs to be removed from the world) out of minecraft agreed?

I'm not an atheist. I think religion is a stupid and archeaic idea. But non-golfers do not get together and form groups about not golfing, and non-gamers don't form groups and discuss how not to game. I would vote to disallow religion in the public eye. Children believe in fairy tales of angles and gods, not adults. If an adult was talking to an imaginary friend, they'd be labelled weird, yet anyone can freely get away with it by calling it "prayer". It's sad.

I think the idea is great, yet there are too many downsides, as already stated. I believe that as well as the discrimination, there is also the issue of different religions, and the smaller ones (like copyism, the Swedish religion of legal-piracy). Good idea, too many problems though.

I find it that we should not make a rule to keep religion out of the game, since all that does is make people want to make religious comments, buildings, etc. If people are angry that there is no mosque, they can go build one. Minecraft is a creative building game after all.

Btw who goes on a server to look for a mosque??

I think some people are forgetting that we do not discriminate about religion in any way. If people want to show their beliefs through a building Then let them.... It also makes good use out of our social plugins for marriage. Remember what we said on our planet minecraft page, "We will never be involved with discrimination in any way. Discrimination between age, race and religion is not tolerated and users involved will be dealt with harshly". Not allowing people to share their beliefs is discrimination because they may feel atheists have more of a say because Jamie is atheist.

And name ONE, problem thus far that has been caused directly by religious barriers. On minecraft

Edited by k3v_o
I Meant religious barriers on our server

I am fine with leaving religion out of minecraft as long as it is 100% that means stop saying "Oh God" or "God Damn" As a Christian this cuts to my very soul and hurts me deeply and I find it very strange that most of the people who say they are atheist generally are agnostic & use these very words. It's something you have heard and now use out of habit...if you don't believe don't use it. If you do believe and use it ...you better be looking in side to see why. If you don't want a lecture from me ...please don't use MY Lord's name in vain. I will respect you and your wishes if you respect mine.

I am fine with leaving religion out of minecraft as long as it is 100% that means stop saying "Oh God" or "God Damn" As a Christian this cuts to my very soul and hurts me deeply and I find it very strange that most of the people who say they are atheist generally are agnostic & use these very words. It's something you have heard and now use out of habit...if you don't believe don't use it. If you do believe and use it ...you better be looking in side to see why. If you don't want a lecture from me ...please don't use MY Lord's name in vain. I will respect you and your wishes if you respect mine.

Completely agree. We should 100% suppress the discussion - or remarks about - of religion on the server. People can get way too defensive over it, way too quickly, and it's just not worth bothering to have to deal with.

@ Yes, it is a habit... and habits are hard to break... Ask anyone who smokes cigarettes. It doesn't matter who says it, you know yourself that you're doing the right thing and not taking your own God's name in vain, so ignore the others. As you've seen, I've tried my best to break the habit... but it is a habit.

And Jamie has the right to make the server however he wants in other ways... I don't see how it would be any different for him to decide not to allow religion at all on the server.

And if this is about discrimination, then why the hell can't *** people get married on the server? Why aren't there civil unions?

*applauds*

@ Yes, it is a habit... and habits are hard to break... Ask anyone who smokes cigarettes. It doesn't matter who says it, you know yourself that you're doing the right thing and not taking your own God's name in vain, so ignore the others. As you've seen, I've tried my best to break the habit... but it is a habit.

And Jamie has the right to make the server however he wants in other ways... I don't see how it would be any different for him to decide not to allow religion at all on the server.

And if this is about discrimination, then why the hell can't gay people get married on the server? Why aren't there civil unions?

i agree with almost everything that you have said @Alexandra it is jaimes rules and it is a habit that people do. i think that the reason that gay people cant get married on the server is because it seems as if no one wants to marry someone of the same sex in the server because they generally think it is weird. and civil unions? were aa server not a democracy or land mass this is a game with characters not real people XD

@

He has at one point said there will be no use of the word "God" in any form but he forgets and says it. I understand habits I have my own and quit smoking 13 yrs ago I'm just saying please try..that's all I ask.

And if this is about discrimination, then why the hell can't gay people get married on the server? Why aren't there civil unions?

Who says they can't ...there are a few married couples that are of same sex ...ummm you and Jugga ...moor & charle..maybe more ..I am not sure