Sign in to follow this  
Pr0_Miner

Restoring or Removing Abandon Homes

Well, today I found a old abandon home. Looks like it was really griefed and old. So...... I was thinking, that users can ether restore or remove an abandon players home. This will not only clear some size on the map, it will also make the server look cleaner and give users a chance to help out. (Staff would have to approve before Restoring or Removing a home, if not it will be counted as a grief) Just a quick thought, let me know what you think.

:lol:

My only fear is that individual staff discretion may lead to discrepancies concerning when an "old structure" should be removed. It's generally accepted that the age of the structure matters. Does size or materials used matter? Does the person who made the structure matter? I'm going to assume that these factors do make a difference; more of a difference than we are willing to accept. There has not been a meeting concerning this issue.

I think that restoring the houses would be a good idea because I have seen some good structural buildings out in the middle of nowhere just looking at me like help me but I've always thought that if it wasn't considered griefing I would fix up all this nice little houses.

Restoration and improvement is the best way to go... People will be annoyed if you remove their house. they will love you long time if you renovate it. Also it will be a break from crappy, half grieved buildings here and there. Also world guard the building and leave a sign saying to contact you or a staff member to re-add you to the region.

I was targeting houses that were a couple months old or houses with was made by a banned players, Users who are going to start restoring or claiming a house should put pictures of the house and get a staff member to approve it on the forums. Chests should only be claimed if the user is X Months not active or has a permanent ban. (Quick suggestion).

We still need to make policy on this so returning players won't be surprised and get angry that their house is gone or someone else lives there. We should have a timeframe, and condition of house. Then we should try to notify the member of the possible change to their house. If it is in the rules, then there should be no reason for players to get angry especially if we notify them first.

Robert

@rstoy ...maybe admins could look up the members and send them an email telling them to either come onto the server to claim their house within the next 48 hours or get it renovated by someone else... that might be a good enough warning.

that would seem like a reasonable time because many members have abandoned the server abd left their crap behind, but some people are just on vacation. i like this idea

@rstoy ...maybe admins could look up the members and send them an email telling them to either come onto the server to claim their house within the next 48 hours or get it renovated by someone else... that might be a good enough warning.

@Alexandra Good idea!, i would like to mabye expand on it saying that if they arnt on in the next 48 hours that their house is moved to a place and will stay there for like a week or so until it is fully deleted, just because some people may be gona for 5 says or so without internet, just a sugggestion :P

@Alexandra - Good idea! To make this easier on the admins that have to deal with the issue a canned email should be created so admins will be able to copy and paste the message because its just a notification right?

We may have some problems with this new policy when members go on vacations so I think we should put out a new rule where a sign is to placed inside the house stating that they are on a vacation. Its a very vague idea, but we should be able to work something out.

How about for houses that look abandoned after 1 month (log block lookup) if no one has been at the place or edited then a user would do /report and then we can deal with it. Either auction it or remove it

How about old faction places??? I found a really old faction today that was so old that it didn't even show up when a block was placed with log block. It was completely destroyed and abandoned. Maybe clans could claim land and restore them to (providing it is approved by staff).

If there are houses that players don't want is it possible for them to sell them to some sort of plugin. This way they would sell the world guard rights and then maybe the plugin could be allowed to auction/sell it. I'm not sure if there is a plugin that has a system exactly like this as I haven't had time to check for one. This could be helpful to stop abandoned homes from occurring and could help new members to the server who want to just buy a house and not have to build one.