Jamie

Guest Building At JRCraft

19 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea?

Hey guys,

What would you say to Guests having limited build access to JR so they can get a taste of JR before they sign up? Then when they want all the rights that registering gives them they can have them. This would mean JR would be way more active with so many more guests. Guests leave because they can't build as they think its lag. I'm going to leave it up to you to give your comments and views.

This would mean they would only be able to do /warp, build and fly. For griefers, it'll be a ban, simple. Tourists also wouldn't be able to leave survival until they register. This would probably mean more people would register :)

What do you think guys?

I like that :D. The first thing tourists do when they come on is ask why they can't build. This is going to be a great way to show them what JR is all about, without giving them too much. If I WERE a tourist, I would be much more inclined to register as soon as possible, to get more awesome features on top of building! Yay!

This is an excellent idea! This would mean that tourists may be griefing, but with full access to world guard and with staff moderating them authoritively, this would attract a lot of people to our server! I think this idea will succeed unless the crowd of tourists is too hostile. Mixed emotions about this, but over-all, I think YES. I think if you go along with this idea, you won't regret it! :D

Looks like a good idea giving them a taste and then if they wanted to get access to more they would have to sign up so making them have limited access so they don't leave straight away and then they have to sign up to get more sounds like a good idea

to minimize grief, i still think the plot claiming system is the best idea, its a controlled environment where no guest can grief except their own plot, with plotme, you can make plots expire after a certain amount of time. a small world shouldnt be a problem to be honest, a square radius of 256 should be plenty. theres another plugin which resets the world when the world is empty

to minimize grief, i still think the plot claiming system is the best idea, its a controlled environment where no guest can grief except their own plot, with plotme, you can make plots expire after a certain amount of time. a small world shouldnt be a problem to be honest, a square radius of 256 should be plenty. theres another plugin which resets the world when the world is empty

This is the best idea in my opinion also... A tourist world basically.

I like this idea too. I know it may be more work as far as scripting ...but in the long run they can get a taste of what we have without ruining others stuff. It might be a good idea for the regular server as well ...when new people come in take them to a plot of a certain size then world guard it ...viola everyone is grief free. Just thinking...I don't know if it would work.

Most people will only grief the tourist world too so we can ban those before they become member... It will mean that they will have to spawn there though... Also equipment carries through to the survival world as they would be annoyed.

The main survival world will be safer than ever...

@Jamie I do NOT approve of them not being able to leave survival world ... as so many tourists show up to see my house (which is in creative world, obviously). If I'm advertising for JR and asking people to come see it on the server, I really think they should be able to without having to register first...

But everything else in this post, I completely agree with. Let them build, fly, and warp.. but also let them come visit my house!

So I'm going to vote YES... simply because I agree with everything else. Hopefully Jamie will change his mind about not being able to leave survival.

Is it possible to limit their building to say 500 blocks or something similar to prevent major griefing? My biggest concern is someone coming in when not many are on and doing major damage over a large area. Perhaps limit breaking blocks to a smaller amount than placing blocks, since griefers generally destroy more.

Robert

Is it possible to limit their building to say 500 blocks or something similar to prevent major griefing? My biggest concern is someone coming in when not many are on and doing major damage over a large area. Perhaps limit breaking blocks to a smaller amount than placing blocks, since griefers generally destroy more.

Robert

This won't happen as tourists can only build in the world Dystopia -> Yes we are naming our worlds from now on :P Survival is going to be renamed Utopia when I get the time :P

Sounds good to me.

-A separate world so they don't grief main world.

-Limited commands (/warp, flying, and building)

-Plots so they don't ruin other's tourist world work

Only problem would be where people would get resources if they have plots (would take up space where people can't mine), and the world is very small.

I've always thought we should have a mine world, where it resets weekly (hopefully that could be automated) so people don't have to wander miles to find unmined land.

Griefing would be allowed as it gets reset (so tourists can build there, griefing wouldn't matter) and everyone else would benefit from easier mining/resource gathering.