Gnome â™›

Lifetime OneTime Payment Membership

I was thinking why isn't there a rank witch is worse that gold but much better that citizen witch you only have to pay once for maybe called silver. This silver membership would be able to create warps use creative game mode etc. but it wouldn't have all the features that gold has. I've suggested this because I can't afford a monthly payment membership but if this could get implemented then I for one would definatley purchase silver membership.

I was thinking why isn't there a rank witch is worse that gold but much better that citizen witch you only have to pay once for maybe called silver. This silver membership would be able to create warps use creative game mode etc. but it wouldn't have all the features that gold has. I've suggested this because I can't afford a monthly payment membership but if this could get implemented then I for one would definatley purchase silver membership.

Thing is we kinda need money each month to pay for our huge expenses. We may do it but only for:

Warping

Gamemode

-> Everything Citizen + has

How would a one time fee of 20$ sound?

Thing is we kinda need money each month to pay for our huge expenses. We may do it but only for:

Warping

Gamemode

-> Everything Citizen + has

How would a one time fee of 20$ sound?

Seems good but maybe also mob disguise to feed the trolls :D

You can pretty much get Citizen+ for free. Just keep posting, collect 200 points and you have a new rank for 30 days ;)

But if you don't want that hassle, well, money is the answer.

This is what I mean for some people it's a hassle to work for the points. So if you get the silver rank you get a bit extra that citizen + because your helping the funds even if it isn't lots of money upto monthly payment but you at least you are helping.

Oh I didn't even know citizen + even existed

Maybe £30 lifetime?

Yes, comes from activity on the server, and as @ said, it's for people that want something more than Citizen, but don't want to pay for Gold.

You can pretty much get Citizen+ for free. Just keep posting, collect 200 points and you have a new rank for 30 days ;)

But if you don't want that hassle, well, money is the answer.

Like Flaw said if you don't want the hassal money is the answer.

You are also helping to fund the server aswell.

It's basically citizen + with a few extra perks.

Like Flaw said if you don't want the hassal money is the answer.

You are also helping to fund the server aswell.

It's basically citizen + with a few extra perks.

We would be creating too many ranks this way, specially after just introducing Platinum membership.

We could ask Jamie to however, do the following:

Gold - 1 Month - $8 ($4 if upgrading from Citizen+)

Gold - 3 Months - $15 ($9 discount)

Gold - 6 Months - $30 ($18 discount)

Then again, this should be left to Jamie since there are finances to deal with.

Those discounts are fairly steep. I believe that if you purchase Gold/Platinum membership for multiple months simultaneously, a discount should be available, however. I would suggest:

1 month - $8.00

3 months - $22.00

6 months - $44.00

For every 3 months you purchase at a time, you save $2. The recurring $8.00 price is always an option, but this inspires more users to purchase in bulk.

Maybe we should have a "1 day for $1.00" option. This would give users the ability to have a taste of Gold membership for 24 hours of game time. If they like it, they can purchase as much as they'd like. If not, they only spent $1.00.

@ It is already $4 for gold if upgrading from citizen+. Jamie decided on that at the last staff meeting.

I think the really expensive prices for lifetime is a good idea... for those who can afford it, it would really help out the server. Even if one person bought platinum for life, we'd basically be set for the month. @Jamie So, I think that's really something to consider! :)

@Felryder I LOVE the "dollar for a day" deal. I also think Jamie should consider that!

But I also really like the idea of having a Silver membership, too... for those who can't afford gold (or those who are too young to pay monthly payments due to parents or something) but want to contribute to the server and get a few extra commands.

All great ideas in my opinion!

@Felryder I personally think a dollar a day would be a brilliant idea!

@Alexandra I think that the idea of dear lifetime offers is also a brilliant idea.

In my head the prices that seem to be responsible are

Silver - £25-50

Gold - £75-100

Platinum - £100-200

Felryder' timestamp=1341782337' post='77206] Those discounts are fairly steep. I believe that if you purchase Gold/Platinum membership for multiple months simultaneously, a discount should be available, however. I would suggest: 1 month - $8.00 3 months - $22.00 6 months - $44.00 For every 3 months you purchase at a time, you save $2. The recurring $8.00 price is always an option, but this inspires more users to purchase in bulk.

That translates into a saving of 66 cents/month. Quite an inspiration to purchase, don't you think?

Felryder' timestamp=1341782337' post='77206] Maybe we should have a "1 day for $1.00" option. This would give users the ability to have a taste of Gold membership for 24 hours of game time. If they like it, they can purchase as much as they'd like. If not, they only spent $1.00.

Brilliant idea! +1

GnomeJRN' timestamp=1341818431' post='77304] In my head the prices that seem to be responsible are

Silver - £25-50

Gold - £75-100

Platinum - £100-200

Those prices sound fair enough to me, considering its lifetime.

A one-time payment package would not work because JR's income would decrease rather rapidly. If most people purchased the lifetime package, then the constant factor of JR's income is eliminated. Discounts for purchasing multiple months of one package are a more reasonable solution. We've just implemented platinum recently and are having enough of an issue trying to provide enough features for them to differentiate them from gold members. At the moment, I doubt that we'll be seeing a new package in the near future.

A one-time payment package would work for a silver membership.. because they are most likely to get bored with it and move up to gold or platinum. Well, that's my opinion at least.

Jamie said no to silver, though... he doesn't think it's a good idea.

Yeah, I have to agree with Felryder. Depending on the price, most people would jump at the idea of a lifetime premium rank. Income might increase when it firsts comes out and lots of people buy it, but it would quickly dwindle as soon as the majority of people bought it. It's hard to say how many people would actually buy it, but what I HAVE seen is that when people hear about gold, they really want it. Their enthusiasm is soon turned off once they find that it's a monthly payment. Just some insight.