NGTdante9934

Ways to get a better connection?

Question

As of recently people's connections have been getting worse on some days. Mine being one of those.

The bad part is I cant afford the better kinds of internet equipment that some people use.

So does anyone have any cheap and easy suggestions on how to increase connection to the server?

2 answers to this question

If you live in an area that has open WiFi APs near you, a Cantenna might be one option.

This being said, jumping off of bandwidth that someone else is paying for without their permission is illegal in America. If it is provided by McDonalds, etc. where it is publicly accessible and free for non-illegal activities is perfectly legal.

Yell at your ISP and tell them they lost the game ( :D ) for making your connection get crappy. My ISP is retiring their network I'm currently attached to (DSL) in favor of Fiber Optic if you're able to even get it, and LTE to the home which is ick. They're just waiting for the perfect day to shut off my DSL without warning and tell me to get LTE service instead. Not going to happen. They'll be kicked to the curb before they do that if they don't bring Fiber out my way.

I would suggest for sure offering up some information on what's happening with your connection. I can help get it running better or point you in the right direction.