JR Network
kckc9

JRCraft Prison Server

would you like to see a JRCraft prison server?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see a JRCraft prison server?

• Yes
    • No

a prison server is the following, it consits of 3 to 4 cell blocks, in each block they is a tree farm and anywhere from 1 to 2 mines, and you have to cut down trees and replant them aswell as mine for resourses, and using the items you can collect you sell it for money and after you get a certain amoutn of money you can type /rankup and move up to the next block which has better mines and better tree farms, aswell as you get more money from selling items, then you have to earn money to move up to the next block, this process continues untill the player reaches an exclusive Elite block, where if they earn 100k they are relesed from the prison and go into a town where they can buy houses etc. so the block titles will be C -Block, B- Block, A- Block, Elite - Block and Free, they is a courtyard linking up all the blocks so they can be accessed by they peopel that are in those blocks, and in that area they is pvp turned on, everywhere else pvp is off. I hope you guys get what a prison server is now. I mean world, not server, they i 1 pluign teh serevr will need in order for it to work

I agree with both @Peter and @. I think that JRcraft is great the way it is being a freebuild server. I don't think that many players would enjoy this being a prison server. It's more of just a server to build, talk, and relax on. We already have similar things to this, such as the arenas, hardcore world, and mob arena.

@ - I think kckc9 was suggesting that we have a separate server for this so correct me if I'm wrong kckc. But even then, Jamie would obviously not be able to maintain his finances considering he's got an additional server to manage. But I could be wrong in terms of this suggestion being for an additional JR Network Minecraft server.

I would think another world, not another server, would be best.

Considering it's confined to one building and the nearby area, it could be a fairly small world.

On the other hand, how would the tree farm and mine be maintained?

They don't regenerate themselves (especially if people don't replant trees >_>)

I've seen a few of them, usually there's a time delay on block regen. I was mining in a great big 'floor block', and dug a tunnel straight down through it. I spent a good 15 minutes cruising through that thing, and nothing regenerated until I had made my way back up top and spent a solid 5 minutes afk.

Basically all a prison server is, is a small freebuild server with one hell of a registering process in front of it.

Roleplaying aspect aside, of course.

It'd have to be yet another world, and personally, I'd rather see an adventure or RP world get more prevalence.

I don't really like this idea, making the whole server dedicated to this would make me leave and just administrate the forums. A separate world would be OK, but really, this whole idea in general doesn't seem like a good idea. I think the server is fine the way it is, and when we get JRCraft 2.0, it will be better. But a prison idea just doesn't seem fun to me, in any way. Couldn't you use the blocks you gather to climb over the walls and get out?

Sometimes, for ideas like this, an entire WORLD seems like a lot. But you're talking about a server? That's a little too much for a "prison" and it takes a lot for a server. If this really needs to be done, a world would more than suffice.