Blondberd

For When the Tekkit Comes

Blondberd' timestamp=1343857823' post='80693] I am appointing K2trf as second in charge

Thanks! I'm honored :)

Please keep in mind however that if my laptop comes tomorrow (which it is supposed to, before 7pm CST), it will still take me about a week to get everything set up the way I like it, and ready to launch Minecraft again (I have to rebuild my directory for all my jar versions (I keep back through 1.3beta, and my Tekkit launcher), so I may not be there right away if you are starting sooner than a week from now.

But I will still help whenever the server comes online and I am able.

On that note, has @Jamie said how one will be able to connect to the Tekkit server as opposed to the standard server yet? I would assume it would just be a different port, however this is something we will need to have. <-- nevermind, he has :3 tekkit.jrcraft.net

On that note, has @Jamie said how one will be able to connect to the Tekkit server as opposed to the standard server yet? I would assume it would just be a different port, however this is something we will need to have.

SRV Records. It'll be on tekkit.jrcraft.net when ready

We will all need to start the planning proccess for when the tekkit server gets up and running. We all need to have a job so things will go smoothly and quickly. @k2trf I am putting you in charge of the sorting of items, you'll have other jobs but once we make our main work place you will be in charge of making the sorting system, basic idea is we have a chest outside the front door that we can just dump stuff in and everything will be piped out of that into the proper chests by use of diamond pipes. I am giving this to you because I already know how good you are with chest organization.

For the ones I've accepted you'll need to pick a job from the list, there will be teams for some jobs but we need to have each one filled.

We will need:

Builders

Miners

Farmers/Engineers

Builders will be in charge of picking the land we will wall in, building the wall, and designing the cities.

Miners will be in charge of getting what resources we'll need to make everything we'll need.

The Farmers/Engineers will be in charge of all of the farms, wheat, tree, reed, pumpkin, melon, and cobble, and also in charge of setting up the machinery.

For when this is going if someone is getting tired of their job they can go help someone with their job. When we are all on at once though we will all choose a project that needs doing and work on that together, if we're alone then we do our jobs.

Has anyone tried testing the wall making machine to see if it can go up to 2000x2000? I was going to try to, but I know nothing about it.

Blondberd' timestamp=1344049099' post='80901]@k2trf I am putting you in charge of the sorting of items, you'll have other jobs but once we make our main work place you will be in charge of making the sorting system, basic idea is we have a chest outside the front door that we can just dump stuff in and everything will be piped out of that into the proper chests by use of diamond pipes.

Consider it done - I've used diamond pipes before and really like them, so this will be cakewalk :) Just make sure that I have room to expand the storage either horizontally or vertically (either will work), as I like to organize in such a way that we can have room for a plethra of each item(s) that we will be using.

Blondberd' timestamp=1344049099' post='80901]I am giving this to you because I already know how good you are with chest organization.
...XD The OCD helps. (I'm not legally OCD, but then again I've never been tested for it, so... I could be. :P)

As much as I like building I think I'd be better at farmer/engineer. Although I don't the recipe's for tekkit off the top of my head I do know what the machinery does and is needed for (although knowing the recipes doesn't matter because tekkit tells you them anyway)

Consider it done - I've used diamond pipes before and really like them, so this will be cakewalk :) Just make sure that I have room to expand the storage either horizontally or vertically (either will work), as I like to organize in such a way that we can have room for a plethra of each item(s) that we will be using.

First we will have a little work shed like the one the Yogcast has with Duncan. Then well build a bigger factory type thing and that one I don't care what we build it out of but I want marble brick floors. The second floor and up will be for chests. The main floor will be for the machines.

Does anyone know what the size of a Mincraft map is? Maybe we make to area so the walls are at the edge of a minecraft map. We can have a special block to stand on in the center of the main central city and you start a map there.

Also is there a pipe that can alternate what pipe it sends stuff to? We could set it up to send 3/4 of the cobble and dirt straight into a energy compressor.

We'll also need to set up some cobblestone generatos with block breakers to make lots of cobble to go right into a energy compressor for diamonds.

Blondberd' timestamp=1344087583' post='80916] We'll also need to set up some cobblestone generatos with block breakers to make lots of cobble to go right into a energy compressor for diamonds.

Consider it done I can set it up so there is always cobble in the condenser still so it makes a lot of cobble.

I am going to need a few of you to wrk with me on a background story that the world is based around, what cities will be in it, and why they are there.

So far the cities that will be in it, and their themes, are:

Atlantis, which will be a floating city with different rings, getting more advanced as it move to the center.

Coruscant, I haven't seen any of the movies, but I think we'll make this a floating city, those of you who have watched the movies can plan this one out.

I'm thinking of making one kinda based off of Camelot, but not sure.

Xanadu, after the poem Kubla Khan. It will be built inside a giant snowy mountain that we will have build, but will be a lush tropical paradise inside, with a river flowing into a giant whirlpool in the middle, (we'll have to figure out how to do that,) that goes down to a giant underground sea. If none of you have the the poem about it yet you should, it is a great piece of art. (Good writing is considered art in my eyes.)

We'll need some more, but I can't think of anymore at this time. Again, if any of you want to help work on the main backstory of the world, and what a lot of the design should be based off of, send me a pm and we'll start a skype message group of ideas. Eventually you all will need a back story to follow for yourself in the time comes up. If you want I can help, I'm pretty good with writing short stories.

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan

A stately pleasure-dome decree:

Where Alph, the sacred river, ran

Through caverns measureless to man

Down to a sunless sea.

So twice five miles of fertile ground

With walls and towers were girdled round:

And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,

Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;

And here were forests ancient as the hills,

Enfolding sunny spots of greenery.

But oh! that deep romantic chasm which slanted

Down the green hill athwart a cedarn cover!

A savage place! as holy and enchanted

As e'er beneath a waning moon was haunted

By woman wailing for her demon-lover!

And from this chasm, with ceaseless turmoil seething,

As if this earth in fast thick pants were breathing,

A mighty fountain momently was forced:

Amid whose swift half-intermitted burst

Huge fragments vaulted like rebounding hail,

Or chaffy grain beneath the thresher's flail:

And 'mid these dancing rocks at once and ever

It flung up momently the sacred river.

Five miles meandering with a mazy motion

Through wood and dale the sacred river ran,

Then reached the caverns measureless to man,

And sank in tumult to a lifeless ocean:

And 'mid this tumult Kubla heard from far

Ancestral voices prophesying war!

The shadow of the dome of pleasure

Floated midway on the waves;

Where was heard the mingled measure

From the fountain and the caves.

It was a miracle of rare device,

A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

A damsel with a dulcimer

In a vision once I saw:

It was an Abyssinian maid,

And on her dulcimer she played,

Singing of Mount Abora.

Could I revive within me

Her symphony and song,

To such a deep delight 'twould win me

That with music loud and long

I would build that dome in air,

That sunny dome! those caves of ice!

And all who heard should see them there,

And all should cry, Beware! Beware!

His flashing eyes, his floating hair!

Weave a circle round him thrice,

And close your eyes with holy dread,

For he on honey-dew hath fed

And drunk the milk of Paradise.

Cool story bro

Application:

Personals:

Name: David

IGN: radfa

Time Zone: central

Skype Name: radfaman

Date of joining JR: 1/19/12

Favourite color: think rust

Favourite Minecraft Block: the sandstone bricks

Questions:

What is your favourite thing about JR? The friendly comunitry

What is you favourite Shakespeare play? Thecomady of errors

What can you offer this project? My abilitys to play tekkit minecraft

Are you good at designing structures, or following designs? You know my skills first handed but i am your great helper

What is your best build? I have helped you in many of your projects

Would you be ok with Roleplaying? Yes

What are your thoughts on cheese? I dont like bleu but otherwise i like it

Do you have a custom skin? Yes i made it next to you

What time period do you like to build off of? Any time is fine

Odd or Even numbers? Both

Cats or Dogs and why? Pigs they be cute

What is your preferred minecraft building material? Stone, stone bricks, ores...

Choose one from the list below: IGGY!!

IgbarX

_CSB_

Rstoy

Barbermiss

Kev_3

Jamie

Ending Statements:

I like to make mob traps

---------------

Blondberd' timestamp=1344087583' post='80916] Also is there a pipe that can alternate what pipe it sends stuff to? We could set it up to send 3/4 of the cobble and dirt straight into a energy compressor.

Yes, there are two ways to accomplish this.

Cheap way: using an iron pipe (which has by default 5 inputs and 1 output), and hit it with a wrench to reverse the flow, and then hook up a redstone oscelator.

Every time an iron pipe loses/gains Redstone power, it cycles to a different output. Furthermore, it will never output to a wooden pipe.

Pros: Cheap, Iron is very common.

Cons: Too many redstone oscilators such as this could potentially lag the server. They could theoretically all run off of one oscilator, however that can cause an unwanted delay to the further out iron pipes.

Expensive way: using a Diamond pipe gives you the ability to filter items, and in the GUI for a diamond pipe, you can see multiple slots for directing multiple items through different outputs.

hqdefault.jpg

Sorry about the weird, small screenshot; it was just the first one I found of a Diamond Pipe's GUI.

This can also be used for relative probabilities. If you were to place 3 Cobblestone in yellow, and 1 Cobblestone in green, 3/4 of the Cobble will go to the yellow output and 1/4 will go to the green output.

Pros: Will work based on relative porbability, so it will filter resonably close to the proper margins. Also, no extra circuitry is involved, so there is no additional lag possibly created from this.

Cons: Diamonds are relatively expensive.

Hopefully what Norman looks like after reading this:

538692449_cb1853bb50.jpg

Again, this was just the first image I found to represent this; I am in no way attempting to suggest that Norman is actually a 7 year old girl. XD

Not when you have me making a load of cobblestone generators and Energy Collectors and Anti Matter relays

True, but in terms of EE, Diamonds are more expensive than Iron, which will remain constant no matter how you get/make the Iron/Diamond.

Personally I think Diamond pipes are the way to go for this, but not mentioning that there was another way to do this didn't seem proper.

Alright then, as long as @Blondberd doesn't care either way, we'll go with Diamond; it really is more efficient, and it works better because we can also have it sorting things at that point.

Also a personal requirment that I'd like to see the Builders accomplish for Coruscant:

Blondberd' timestamp=1344134556' post='80946] Coruscant, I haven't seen any of the movies, but I think we'll make this a floating city, those of you who have watched the movies can plan this one out.

...Jedi Temple, please?!? XD

@k2trf sure, there are nano sabers I think. :P

As for the diamond pipes I think it will be fine as long as we have one extra diamond. You do get 8 pipes for every two diamonds. We won't be setting up the pipes and main chest area until we have a energy condenser at least. Then once we make one set of pipes, they're probably cheaper and quicker to make then diamonds.

Are we going to use oil or are we going to make all of our power with solar and nuclear? I had a really good design for a nuclear power plant which had two cores but I think I might of deleted the world when my tekkit went all weird and buggy and I re installed it.

I think Diamond pipes would be good anyway (especially if they are sorted into crystal chest because they are awesome XD)

@ Alchemical Chests have more space and we will probably just use double chests. And I would say no to nuclear and oil is buildcraft so we can't use it without creating a lot of other stuff first and Solar is the way to go as long as you keep some power in a power storage container for overnight usages

@ I see your point with the chests but they do look cool XD Also nuclear power is industrial craft and is quite efficient but solar is still good anyway as it still produces a lot if we have enough.

Then once we make one set of pipes, they're probably cheaper and quicker to make then diamonds.

Using 1 Diamond Transport Pipe (4311) in the target slot of an energy condenser on Tekkit SSP, and A Diamond Block (57), worth 73,728EMC, I was not able to make any Diamond Transport Pipes.

I was also not able to make any Diamond Blocks using the Diamond Transport Pipes. Unless I have done something to screw with Tekkit, it doesn't seem possible to make Diamond Transport Pipes in an Energy Condensor.