Blondberd

For When the Tekkit Comes

Ok Update, I think I've found a pretty good place to start the project. It is in a forest about 1800+ blocks from spawn. It is near an ocean, jungle, and snowy biome. K4 and I have collected some stuff and have enough stuff for an energy condenser. That's all for now.

I've only had the to time to collect stuff for an alchemical chest and a philosophers stone, I'm sticking to E.E. since that's pretty much the only mod I know how to use to its full extent in tekkit. Buildcraft I'll leave for people who are actually good at this stuff :P

Ok Update, I think I've found a pretty good place to start the project. It is in a forest about 1800+ blocks from spawn. It is near an ocean, jungle, and snowy biome. K4 and I have collected some stuff and have enough stuff for an energy condenser. That's all for now.

Do you have a warp set yet? If not, I can fly / teleport there using the coordinates (/coords should work, or use Rei's minimap) and set it so that we can get going on this.

@ all the stuff we have collected so far is at my oil platform, until we can transfer some of it.

my company have set up a base we can use for a workshop, I just need to make a warp and add you all to the region. I will set an area up on my company base just for use by people in the project. Also is it ok for me to let members of my company help@Blondberd?

I was wandering around and I found a new place. 4000+ blocks away from spawn, in the middle of a giant snow biome for about 750+ block each direction except ocean. Why, I found a gush of oil that is going about 40 block into the sky. This will be able to power us for a long long long long long long long time. You can ask rug, he saw it, it's crazy. I don't have warp yet, we may use a different place. But the place I was talking about earlier won't work as I found there were other people near by. So let me know what you guys want. I could keep going and looking for a really good area and give up this huge amazing oil field, or we can work what's there and use this epicness.

Ok could someone help be get a pump and refinery and storage area set up? I'm working on building a oil station there. @Rugtugba gave me a couple of tanks but I don't think 12 ill be enough. By the way is there a dynamic map for this server? That would be better then wondering around.

To answer my own qution yep there is and I can see that I'm the only one that far out so far.

By the way is there a dynamic map for this server? That would be better then wondering around. To answer my own qution yep there is and I can see that I'm the only one that far out so far.

Where?!? I've tried http://tekkit.jrcraft.net:8123 and I just get the DynMap for JRCraft (not JRTekkit)!

Ok could someone help be get a pump and refinery and storage area set up? I'm working on building a oil station there. @Rugtugba gave me a couple of tanks but I don't think 12 ill be enough.

Next time I'm on I can if I have a warp/coords for it. I got on for a bit last night, so I've at least got a small hillside hut going.

k4l397 and I have kinda decided that it would be best to have our factory at the oil and make what we need to make there, and build the actual world somewhere else. But we have tanks of oil going from layer 100 to past the clouds that are almost full and the entire pool underground is barely touched. I have started working on the factory, and it will be kinda like what I did on the server that you set up k2.

someone griefed my area -_- all my hard work gone a full stack of uranium gone tungsten ore gone most of my oil/fuel gone... i worldgarded it too. they must have used a equivalence exchange otem because the holse were 16x3x3 holes and they were square too ..... oh well more tekkit for me! and most of it was fixed too!

So @Blondberd, where is this happening? Because until we all have coords/a warp, we can't start on it when we are on (school is messing with my normal playing times, if I get on, it is getting to be more like really late at night, when it is the lull times for both servers.

Like k4 said, the warp is oil but that just the factory, sometime today I place on going out and finding a good place for the actual project. We have the factory here because of the oil, but the actual land around that is just tundra for 1500 blocks or more in each direction. What do people think about building this all over water and just make it a little smaller but have only the cities. I am not particularly fond of this idea since both @ and I know just how long it takes to make a 100x100 area. I am just putting this idea out there because the other biggest part of the map is the ocean and we could just teraform our own land. It would have to be by hand though. Other wise I think finding the right sized area with no one in it might be kinda hard. Unless @Jamie is up to the idea of having a separate world on the tekkie server for this and all other roleplaying, kinda like the one there is/was on the vanilla server. (I am not entirely sure about what is going one with that atm since sadly i have not been on JR vanilla server in a while, last I heard it was in progress.) If Jamie is reading this, I am not really asking if this is possible or not, I am just asking what are your thoughts on this. Since I know that when it comes to running a Minecraft server nothing is impossible for Jamie.

That's kinda what I have in mind, each city that needs some sort of power other then redstone lamps and things such as that will have it's own power source/station. I don't know if I would have just anyone be able to access the power of the city. I am not that trusting of just anyone that comes on the server. Especially when some cities might have some sort of dangerous or expensive power source.

Note to all members of the team, I am going to make a plan to get as many of us on during Friday from around 4-6 U.S. central. It is a little on the spot since it is this week, but if you are able to be on at that time that would be great. I know that my time zone is about 5 or 6 hours behind GMT if that helps anyone. I know that @ is one hour ahead of me when he is in school. Anyways I'll probably get on for a bit tonight.

On a side note, has MK3s been blacklisted or something? When ever I try right-clicking one my tekkie crashes.

Also what are your guy's thoughts on my previous post?

Blondberd' timestamp=1349222101' post='85990] I know that my time zone is about 5 or 6 hours behind GMT

You are Central Standard Time (-6 GMT), I am Eastern Standard Time (-5 GMT). How is it you don't know which time zone you're in?! XD

That would be 5-8pm for me, I may be able to (if I don't have work to do for classes). If it is at all possible, I will get on, but there will be a break in there for dinner (my dining hall closes at 8, and I'm definitely not eating dinner before 5....).