Jamie

My First Recording

5£ pop filter

Speaking from experience with regular voice (though it might work for music recording as well), just putting a regular old sock over the mic should do the trick. Just needs some kind of mesh over it so it doesn't pick up noises as sharply. I've had it help with vibrations on the desk too, although I've also solved that problem by either having a headset on my head or using a webcam's mic that's on top of my swivel-mounted monitor.

In other news, I still have that updated part of the song you sent me over Skype a while back @Jamie - would you care if I shared it here? Might be nice to put on the pledge page too, I think if more people heard what you sounded like they'd be much more inclined to help you out with financing some new recording equipment! ;)

EDIT: File uploaded! Really think it should be edited into the pledgie page too - definitely can't hurt! :)

You.mp3

Speaking from experience with regular voice (though it might work for music recording as well), just putting a regular old sock over the mic should do the trick. Just needs some kind of mesh over it so it doesn't pick up noises as sharply. I've had it help with vibrations on the desk too, although I've also solved that problem by either having a headset on my head or using a webcam's mic that's on top of my swivel-mounted monitor.

In other news, I still have that updated part of the song you sent me over Skype a while back @Jamie - would you care if I shared it here? Might be nice to put on the pledge page too, I think if more people heard what you sounded like they'd be much more inclined to help you out with financing some new recording equipment! ;)

Go for it.

What are you recording the sound with? use audacity, record the guitar and then record your voice over it. its clearer and you can remove a lot of background noise from the sounds, so it sounds more professional. also you can easly rearrange timings and get it right. Good job so far!

Audacity is free also, I use it to remove literally all background noise from my videos, since I use a Blue Snowball its a great mic but it can detect noise I don't want it to detect.... oh dear. anyway check it out because its free and is amazing for what it is! if you want ill make a video of how I do it, although im gaming, and you're.... singing it will work... xD

good job btw, sounds brilliant so far :)