XGZ_SAMSTERZ

13 as Age For Staff

13 As minimum Age for Staff  

20 members have voted

1. 1. do you think 13 should be the age for staff?

Hello,

I think JR Staff Minimum Age should be 13 ... I would like it to be 13 because when you are 16 you start your life ...also i think that most of the players at JR are probabaly in their teens (13-18) so there would be more staff ... this would let some memebers of the staff be studying (schoolwork) while the others are on JR and vise versa so there would always be a staff memeber online... to prevent griefers and trollers from being staff members, i think you should have been a registered member of JR for at least 3 months.

am i the only one to vote no... i don't want some (immature kid being able to be staff) they always abuse powers because no other server will take them (unless its a crap server) and JR craft is to good to be ruined by some little kid... being staff... trust me it will only cause more problems.

16 should be and stay the age because at that you can still have some stupid people but its a less chance of it.

When I was 13 I became very philosophical. I had a vision, a vision of greatness, a world full of wonders and great hopes for society. Not ever 13 year old has had this experience, but if there is a legit minecraft player (Meaning they don't grief or troll) that has been around for 3 months on our server, AND they are 13, I think they apply for the staff minimum. I do back up this idea, and seems to make sense. However, I can think differently if persuaded otherwise.

Now that you have read my words, read my signature, and learn a thing a two.

i will have to say no is not that i have something against 13-years old, is just that their mind should be concentrate in have fun, not work, i know that they want to help the server but they can do what i do, for example i wish i could apply for the job of helper but i havent play JRcraft for 3 months so what i do is that even tho im not staff i make sure people follow the rules, of course i dont have any power over nobody but i believe that it should be something we all enjoy so if there are grifers or people that want to make a hell of a day to others or spammers i would tell a staff , even tho sometimes i think some of them are not paying attention but they might be i really dont know, but my point is that, age+experience make the best option you might have experience but the age means maturity and that is an important fact

For the people who voted no ... I think that some 13 year olds are very immature ... but i also think that you can see if they are immature wayy before they apply as a staff member ... Maybe there should also be some kinda system were a staff member should get downgraded back to a member if their not mature enough...

For the people who voted no ... I think that some 13 year olds are very immature ...

it rely depends on the person... but im sticking with No because its not worth taking the chance of some rich kid that payed for a rank to apply for staf because they are 13 .... i have nothing against you (if you are 13) but give it a year or two then apply and iif you dont stay on the server that tells us you wouldn't have stayed as a staff.

For the people who voted no ... I think that some 13 year olds are very immature ...

And there are some 20 year olds who are very immature, it's all based on how you were raised

At 13 you are supposed to be learning maturity, or have it to a point, that's why I personally believe 13 is a good age to become helper, I became helper at 14 and it helped me immensely.

@harsol1 you have every right to an opinion ... we all do ... but, I want to lower the minimum age to 13 not because i want to be staff (i do want to be staff) lol ... but i also want to change the min. age for everyone else who wants to be staff. and I said that they would have to wait at least 3 months or more to show their MATURITY (btw ive only been on for about two weeks so i dont even fit the requirements)

This server was a 13 year olds dream, @Jamie s ... and now look were it is ! look how far its gone! If you think that 13 year olds cant do this kinda work then look at the proof...

all im saying is that i think 13 year olds can do this work and should be able to be at least a helper... and like maybe mods at 14 or 15 .... and admins at 16 ...

all Im saying is that 13 year olds and up should at least be able to have one rank in admin.

@Carter if you support this then please vote.

The problem is, as far as I am concerned, you could get Helper for when you are 13. But you gotta wait 3 years for your jump to the next rank. We've had issues in the past. Moderator or above, have to be 16 plus.

But also many that weren't a problem are/were under 16

And almost all that did cause trouble were above 16

I would say, it all depends on the maturity of the person. Granted, the majority of 13 year olds are less mature than the 16 year olds, because age generally increases maturity. But on the other hand, I think that there will be some exceptions. For instance, I know a 13 year old who is more mature than a 16 year old.

Age will make a difference, but I think that the defining faactor in whether someone is made helper or mod should be the way they have acted in the past. Have they kept all of the rules or at least tried their best to? Have they refrained from spamming, trolling, and flaming? Have they actively been trying to help others, with the limited power they have?

I think that the questions above make a good mod or helper, not just age. At the same time, I think that age should not be disregarded, as it also will make a difference.

Each case must be regarded separately. The requirements cannot be completely set in stone, as every person is unique.

tl;dr?

sorry, I tend to be a long winded person ;)

-calculator98

I find that the "old" method is much better than this one. I remember very well "Do not ask for ranks to staff, as they are the ones who will ask you."

This way the staff knows who is capable, not just some 16 year old greifer who was an admin on another server and who was on Jr for 3 months.

really the main thing for staff applications is should be your activity on the server and i dont think we should change the age, because just stick with jr for 3 more years :D then apply XD (also the helper applications are bugged atm and wont work for most of us because it even says i am 15 when i am not...) i hope staff fix this soon so that those that are 16 can even apply till then i dont think we should bother changing it.

I find that the "old" method is much better than this one. I remember very well "Do not ask for ranks to staff, as they are the ones who will ask you."

This way the staff knows who is capable, not just some 16 year old greifer who was an admin on another server and who was on Jr for 3 months.

This way we actually know who wants a staff position, rather than the staff deciding on who would be good as a helper(this can take a while) and then when they are asked they say they do not want it. Especially with the amount of work that we have to do, it makes the whole system easier/faster.