Chris Da Biker

JRNetwork Community show-off

Hello everyone! Chris here,

I was thinking, and I thought of something really cool we could do which would involve all of JR. Now, either the JR staff agrees, in which case, it will be a lot easier, or they don't in which case we can do this as a smaller-scale project.

Now, what I was thinking, was a JRNetwork Minecraft, AND Tekkit server community show-off. Basically, what it will be is everyone who is participating makes a 10-second video clip of their house, or something which THEY BUILT and of which they are proud.

If they are unable to film due to bad computer (It happens!), then they can just take a screenshot (or multiple, maximum 10).

I will then put it all together into a 3-4 minute clip, bringing together the pride of the JRNetwork community.

Please take the time to read this topic, and see what you think! Please mention any improvements,

Sincerely,

-Chris

I'm definitely in favor of this - good idea @Chris Da Biker!

Usually people try to do this themselves and ask people for warps to their builds, but this sounds like a rather nice idea!\

EDIT: Na-na-nana-na, nobody can tag me! XD

Chris Da Biker' timestamp=1354378752' post='91015] Thanks, @Tim!
Edited by Tim 
I'm a boss :P

I'm definitely in favor of this - good idea @Chris Da Biker!

Usually people try to do this themselves and ask people for warps to their builds, but this sounds like a rather nice idea!

Thanks! Basically, this makes my job just that of editing. And then, we will end up with an AWESOME clip showing everybody's work!

Thanks, @Tim !

@Tim I know your secret Mr. Space.

Nope! :P XD

So, can I consider this topic approved?

As with most anything, would require @Jamie's approval when he has time to look at it, but I'd say it has a very good chance of it!

Is there a way to put this on the front page?

If Jamie says I can, I'll promote it to an Article later, although I don't know if it's really necessary. Those are supposed to be for huge news items, like contests or statements from Jamie.

@, I found a better alternative to tagging @JRLogo3.png Tim

This is because I am a ninja (sort of). The reason the star is so large is because Tim is so awesome. He just needs a bigger star.

I approve ^_^

Back on topic.

I agree, although if another topic suddenly appeared to talk about the size my JR Throwing Star should be, I would upvote that so hard Jamie felt it. XD

This has nothing to do with the topic but how do you put pictures/words under the comment you made? (Like when Samac3 comments he has a picture of his Xbox Live Avatar under the comment he made) and also I think this topic is a pretty good idea. I might put some screenshots for the montage and I know a GREAT song for the video:

The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die

This has nothing to do with the topic but how do you put pictures/words under the comment you made? (Like when Samac3 comments he has a picture of his Xbox Live Avatar under the comment he made) and also I think this topic is a pretty good idea. I might put some screenshots for the montage and I know a GREAT song for the video:

The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die

That'd be your signature (like the stuff I have in mine). Go to: chrisced (in the top left, to the right of the JR symbol) -> My Settings -> Signature. I think you need 10 posts (not sure if that's exactly right) to make one though.

In the future, please don't just ask in an existing topic - start a new topic if you must. Furthermore, for things like this, use the search box in the top right, because questions like that have been asked & answered before.

Back on topic now.

Funny you should say that... I would like to, yes, however I'm in the middle of Finals this week (about to take my last one here in a couple), and then I need to pack up everything since I'm not returning to this campus next semester, so I doubt I will be able to.

If I manage to find time for it, I'll post it here/send it your way, but unfortunately I would say you're better off if you don't count on me. :\

Personally, I would ask the people who have previously made videos for JR, as well as people who have a substantial amount of RAM in their machine, since that's a requirement for any video capturing while a JVM is running (or really just getting a JVM to work well on its own... XD).

Such as (but not limited to):

You might also be able to find others if they're really active (in which case, they'll show up here and here).