k3v_o - Bringer of Dark Me

What to look forward to in 2013

Many gamers, including myself feel that 2012 was a poor year for gaming. Good games were few and far between, and when there was a good game, it was a bloody sequel to something else. The few exceptions to this being The Walking Dead by Telltale games which won VGA's game of the year award and Dishonored which was a nominee for the same award. There were a lot of great games anticipated for 2012, but many of these ended up poor or pushed back to 2013. Not only that, but great games that came out had some of the worst endings to a trilogy that is humanly possible, examples being Mass Effect 3 where a new ending had to be made, and an even worse ending with Assassins Creed 3.

I think one of the main reasons many gamers feel this way is because of the amazing year prior to that, 2011, which was possibly one of the best years for gaming this millennium. But looking at what is ahead this year, its going to be as good, if not better, than 2011. Here are all the games I am looking forward to this year. (NOTE: Trailers and Gameplay vids will be inside the spoiler sections beneath the games mentioned.)

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Bqtd3KRGw 

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Metal Gear Rising

Bioshock Infinite

Crysis 3

Dead Space 3

and no, its not lost planet 3.

Lost Planet 3

.... ahhhhh, yeahhh....

Tomb Raider

The series has been revitalized and it looks awesome! This is a much needed re-start to the series and will be one of the better games of this year, no doubt.

God of War: Ascension

Gears of War: Judgment

Company of Heroes 2

Dead Island: Riptide

Metro: Last Night

The Last of Us

Remember Me

Looks like a cross between Deus Ex (smexy graphics and futuristic style) and Batman (combat). Seems cool and defiantly one I will check out, although the scripting and voice acting seem terrible. 

Command & Conquer: Generals 2

Injustice: Gods Among Us

DmC: Devil May Cry

Another fresh start to an amazing series. Only issue I have is the hair O_O that's not the Dante I know and want to have babies with  love.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

heres 2 hours of gameplay... yeah... 

Dark

Another game that looks very interesting and defiantly should be given a look later in the year when more info is there.

Deadpool

Yeah, its gonna be awesome! suck it wolverine!

Dead State

What seems like the sims with zombies and shotguns... thing is, if you lock them in a room with no food, water, toilet, bed and door to leave, they will die....... takes all the fun out of it :/

Destiny

Bungies new game xD and its a futuristic fps where humans fight for survival against aliens!! wait a sec... that sounds familiar :/

The Elder Scrolls Online

nerdgasm! with mega servers O_O 1 server, for EVERYONE!

Fuse

GTA 5

Star Wars 1313

South Park: The Stick of Truth

who isn't looking forward to this? Could actually be one of the best this year.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots

50 rainbow six's later :P

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Total War: Rome II

Watch Dogs

Wow.... That is a lot of amazing games coming out this year, and they are just the ones announced! This year is going to be a great year for gaming, and another year where I will have no money, nor education.... Well, I study games dev, so this is studying for me basically  :P LOOP HOLE!!!

So what games are you most looking forward to and why. Also, if you want recommendations on what to get, just tell me what games you like and I'll give you my recommendation ;)

There are only two games I have plans to purchase this fiscal year: Bioshock Infinite (/me high-fives Kev) and Sly 4: Thieves in Time (Wikipedia | Youtube)! :D

I did also purchase Borderlands 2, but I've already got that now XD

These were the only three games that I thought I wanted, not necessarily the only good ones. I'm factoring the "do I think I'll actually finish it" amount into my choices XD (and no, I still have yet to finish Borderlands 2 XD)....

I'm looking forward to Company Of Heroes 2 I do currently have Company Of Heroes it's going to be the next game I install onto my PC as I do enjoy playing it due to the fact that there are not many other RTS' like it and it's based on the war and that does interest me.

Great post Kev +1 :D

The only I can really look forward to is Company of Heroes 2 because I love RTS even though I suck so much at them :lol:

I'm not saying the other games are bad, but I don't play FPS because I can't! I can play hours on end of Dota 2 or any other RTS, but only 10 minutes of TF2 before I get nauseous from playing it. It sucks, I know  <_<

I'm looking at Dead Island: Riptide personally.

Sly 4 I would but I don't have a PS3 or plan on ever getting one.

Elder Scrolls Online. Nuff said. Lol

Oh and I'm not personally big on horror Games. I take exception with zombies cause they ain't gonna kill themselves. But it's nice to see Gearbox is really stepping it up after the Duke Nukem Forever failure (supposedly, never played it.)

ice to see Gearbox is really stepping it up after the Duke Nukem Forever failure

Duke nukem was terrible, but they made far more progress than the developers before them (they actually released it).

Also, do you like borderlands? they make that!

PC port of halo combat evolved (original)

the brothers in arms series

and are bringing you Aliens Colonial Marines

gearbox is a good company, with tarter sauce all over their name because of Duke Nukem...

but they never give up...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_3D:_Reloaded

Usually (being a massive fan of Assassins Creed) I would be able to say I'm looking forward to the next Assassins Creed, unfortunately it apparently ended with Ubisoft leaving it on a cliff hanger and unfinished (2012 has past now, it won't even be set in the future if they make another game :P). But with that being said, I've always wanted to play all the Bioshock games, just never got round to it. I definitely will have to play them all ready for the release of the next Bioshock (if it ever releases :P).

unfortunately it apparently ended with Ubisoft leaving it on a cliff hanger and unfinished

unfinished is an understatement... After playing EVERY ONE OF THEM it feels that everything I did in the 200+ hours was a complete waste of time....

if you finished it or don't care then read the spoiler, otherwise DO NOT READ.

Thing is, they cant release a new one because of how it ended... Desmond is dead... Who else is there to take over for him? He was the only person who could successfully use the animus, and if they do a modern day game then whats the point? What? Use your hidden blades against an AK47? Also it gets rid of the whole reason why people loved assassins creed, exploring different times and learning about people of the past.... then killing those people! I don't want to see another game with modern day New York or LA, as that is nearly every game today... I know the streets of New York as well, if not better than I do Tralee (nearby town I spend 95% of my free time in when not at home) because of video games.

ut with that being said, I've always wanted to play all the Bioshock games, just never got round to it.

Only one thing to say.... shame on you! Play them now! At least the first one as the second one wasn't as good (still amazeballs though)

stepping up after that mess up of a game, with Borderlands 2 and Alien.

Pong is a step up from Duke Nukem forever!

Don't care what you say I will not look at all those bloody trailers!!! XD TOO MUCH! 

You know you want to... 90% of these games I will finish! if not all of them!

well, the ones available on xbox and pc

might get a ps3 if I can find one cheap though

Added more games... and broke the website it seems O_O yo @Jamie! xD *cough bug *cough

@Peter Check out total war rome 2... IT WILL BE THE RTS TO RULE ALL RTS'S!

ROME TOTAL WAR 2!!! I love Rome Total War, I must do some research and see when it comes out and save money up for it... Also, about the ps3's... you also get to play KILLZONE!!! :D Another series I desperately love.

you also get to play KILLZONE!!!

Played it, didn't like it... same with Resistance ... FPS's don't appeal to me anymore unless they are truly brilliant ( metro!!! )

Total war is amazing however.. Also, if you like lord of the rings get the third age mod for total war medieval 2... awesome game xD

I have never played resistance, however, if you find the lack of killzone's back story, check this out, but be wary of ads and what as it is a wikia.

[spoiler alert, this does timeline through kz3 in a brief manner]

http://killzone.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Used to be on the old killzone website before KZ3 came out, then the info was deleted and this is the only place I have been able to find it on.

Well if you don't like killzone, another reason to get ps3... free online play [i never have had any connection problems], 3D gaming [KZ3, AC: Revelations, AC3...]! AC in 3D is amazing...

PS3's online gaming is mediocre at best and contently getting hacked... on its what? 4th hack thus far?... Xbox lives service is far superior. and don't get me started on 3D.

The only reason I want to get a PS3 is for some of the exclusives such as god of war, uncharted, other naughty dog games and metal gear solid 4. played mgs4 and it was amazing, I do love the series and was really annoyed when it didn't come to xbox.

PS3... *facepalm* (xbox ftw xD)

I'm yet to hear of a similar game to be released but I really want another game like LA Noire to be released. Its definitely one of my favourite games ever. It is brilliant as its one of those games that once you start you can't stop till its complete :D

I really want another game like LA Noire to be released.

Was a good game but gets repetitive quickly and some parts really drag on, like with the serial killer.  But it was a good game and had an interesting storyline

Sly 4: Thieves in Time

added it to the post :P I was going to anyway xD SLY IS BACK!!!  

another game like LA Noire to be released

Check up Whores of the Orient Express. Team Bondai are working on it and looking for funding since Rockstar dumped them. Basicly a spirtual successor to LA Noire.