k2trf

Possibility that Sony will unveil the Orbis (PS4) before Microsoft shows their next console?

As many of you may (or may not) be aware, the CEO of Sony recently made a statement that a lot of people are excited about: There is a good chance that Sony will unveil the Orbis (codename for the PS4) before Microsoft show off their own XBox 720!

Now, they're posting content and sending out emails that look something like this...

I think this hints at the announcement date for the PS4, when we'll hopefully get more in-depth details on the hardware specs and expected release titles.

What do you think? Feel free to express your own options (so long as this doesn't become a PS4/XBox 720 topic, we already of those, keep this on track with discussion please)!

Oh, and I want to hear nothing about Halo. *cough @k3v_o @Jamie */cough* :P

i too have heard this rumor and if true fire away i wanna at least see what Sony have done to completely redesign the PlayStation console

although i also heard on a tech interview that Sony would let Microsoft go first to see what there competition was to then create a presentation pointing at the Xbox's tech and how to say what was better about the PlayStation 4

personally both are good company's and provide what they aim for 

Xbox seems to be more social relations and getting friends together etc, where as PlayStation to me seems a more solo gaming experience :)

Well I really don't know what to think of a new Sony console. I used to love both the PS1 and PS2 and the original xbox never seemed to beat it for me. However when the PS3 came out it was too expensive and didn't seem worth it when I heard the Xbox 360 had a much better online aspect. Also I played zombies once on a PS3 and the load time was horrific. I just wanted to play one game but it  took about an hour to load xD I might give the PS4 a try based on the success of the PS1 and PS2 but if I'm honest I am definitely looking forward more to what Microsoft may have to announce about the next Xbox.

Specs wise (from rumers anyway) the Xbox will be better. But I won't be deciding what to buy until I know for sure what has what... might end up buying both consoles anyway.

Well I really don't know what to think of a new Sony console. I used to love both the PS1 and PS2 and the original xbox never seemed to beat it for me. However when the PS3 came out it was too expensive and didn't seem worth it when I heard the Xbox 360 had a much better online aspect. Also I played zombies once on a PS3 and the load time was horrific. I just wanted to play one game but it  took about an hour to load xD I might give the PS4 a try based on the success of the PS1 and PS2 but if I'm honest I am definitely looking forward more to what Microsoft may have to announce about the next Xbox.

i tooo look forward to microsofts new console, and also the PS4 as both could be promising designs 

and i most likely will buy the xbox first :P but ps4 could be on that list xD

Indifferent of the possibility of me purchasing either, I'm interested to see what the two will be like. Wii already shot out their next console, the WiiU, and people have already talked about that at lengths (strengths, weaknesses, etc.), but until we know what kind of horsepower is under the hood of the PS4 and XBox 720, there isn't really a comparison.

I think Sony's doing a good thing, each time prior Microsoft has shown their console first, and they've gotten more games developed for it as a result. Sony has had the superior power in the console, but I think it'll be interesting to see what happens when it's the other way around...

I'm definitely excited for it, though with them still releasing games like Sly 4 and Bioshock Infinite for the PS3, it's going to definitely deter me from purchasing a PS4.

Of course, another obstacle will be what ridiculous ToS they will try to push down our throats. If it's anything like the most recent revision for the PS3, I'm likely not to ever get one. I've actually had quite some nasty correspondence with Sony over their ToS, because among other things, I demanded that I still be allowed to file under Class Actions against them. Easily enough done, just downgrade the OS, and you've got an older ToS to 'agree' to. Hehe ;)

EDIT: And we already have some concept art for the controllers, found by TotalBiscut! I3lXLf2.png

[ Link 1 | Link 2 | Link 3 ]

Edited by Tim

I suppose I probably should have posted that pic here the other day XD My bro sent it to me with link but I didn't think about posting lol.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

I dunno. I personally liked it how the Wii U had it's own little gimmick thing (which is what Nintendo goes for) and was kinda hoping the other consoles would hold off on using it (don't know why, but I feel like that it'd be better if every console made their own unique thing instead of all stealing one great thing, which isn't the worst thing.) 

But they could always but rights to the virtual reality helm (the Oculous or something) and use that XD

live on IGN.com

False.

Announcement was on Playstation's UStream channel, IGN just copied their stream. :P

But, yes, it was announced. So now, this could/will probably become the unofficial 'rant about the PS4 and the rumors/announcements around it until the bloody thing actually hits shelves' topic. We need one anyways, so why not? XD

Shut up Tim >.>

And anyways, sounds like what they're doing with PSN is making a more in depth Steam

There are some rumours floating about that Diablo 3 will be coming to PS4. Seems like a terrible idea, just because there is the touch screen doesn't mean you can pull off a PC only RPG.

Also the fights which is better PS4 or Xbox 720 have started.

But I win because I bring in my buddy PC

Also the fights which is better PS4 or Xbox 720 have started. But I win because I bring in my buddy PC

Yeah, but we already have let's not make another <_<

I completely agree with you about Diablo. More problematic than the fact that touchpad != mouse is the fact that your hands will still most likely rest on the D-Pad/Left Joystick, the symbol buttons, and the R1, R2, L1, and L2 buttons. So to use that touchpad would require not constant use, but very quick, sudden, short movement bursts.

Also, with where it is on the controller, I think it won't be easy to use. I mean, I don't know about anyone else, but to hit the Select and Start buttons as it is, I feel like I have to dodge the sticks to get to it <_<