Jamie

Disable Flight Mod in survival?

22 members have voted

1. 1. Change Fly?

• Disable In Survival
    • Add an RPG element that you need before you can fly
    • Keep it how it is

Hey guys,

I want a serious honest opinion. Recently I've come across some new users that have refused to sign up because we allow JRFly in survival. 

Would you like it to become more RPG'ey by needing to have a certain element before you can fly? Or would you prefer JRFly to be removed from survival. Or would you like it the way it is.

The only reason I'm making this poll is because I want the communities opinion.

id say personally keep it how it is - it makes the server origional - not signing up because flying is enabled is a bit of a pathetic excuse not to make a commitment to a server 

they don't have to use it - its just there and adds assistance to travel and larger builds etc 

I would tend to agree with you frost; however looking at it from and RPG perspective also sways how I would vote. Unless somehow it was made that when doing a certain quest fly is disabled for the duration of that quest in order to make it more of a challenge and thus have a great reward upon completion. I would never think of removing the fly as one of many things that makes us unique as a server.

I do like things the way they are though... otherwise getting some place would take forever... again though for an RPG, that may lead to a better reward...

Some things to think on yet...

If they honestly that worried about fly they could have always toggled it, and I'm all for adding the RPG perspective to it make it fit in with our server and stop flying in the warzones

If they honestly that worried about fly they could have always toggled it, and I'm all for adding the RPG perspective to it make it fit in with our server and stop flying in the warzones

I agree with chris on the warzone side of this - ive seen so many people itch and twitch over someone flying :D its a pain to read through 

RPG part to flying sounds an interesting idea. I'm guessing that might take a while to implement though so maybe we could have flight off as default for players and if they want to fly they have to toggle it manually by typing /fly. 

without fly its really hard to build the epic structures people build on JR I personally couldn't have built my islands without it so I would keep it but having it turned off for the actual quests (also warhub flying is really annoying) would be a good idea cause if there was a quest to kill :ph34r: zombies in a village fly would make it to easy

I say we keep it.  It's a good way to explore land, and It's one of the features that makes JR unique.  Now, I agree with the RPG thingy.  JR needs to have as many "objectives" as it can, and I think that this is one of the main concepts.

Adding it in to the RPG story line sounds like a wonderful idea, especially since fly mods are still allowed (unless that's changed, although it doesn't seem to have).

Could do something like forging a pair of golden boots (since nobody ever wants to make golden anything XD (troll) ), and then one of the NPCs could "enchant" them to fly for you, while it's really just given you the perm and the golden boots are just fancy then.

Almost said diamonds, but I'd rather it was rare-ish to the point where people had to find the material (gold), but not kill themselves over how rare it is (diamonds).

Me as a builder LOVES the fly. because it isnt cheating in my mind unless you are doing pvp or flying away from mobs. Having fly makes building much easier and it also makes it easier to make something huge (without scaffolding). i would never want it to be removed in any world. Yet it is not a bad idea to add something that makes you work for it. but watching all the reactions of people that just join is fun as well.

"HOW COME I CAN FLY"

"I can fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

'IM FLYING!"

I just had an awesome idea for what you could do to make this where you have to earn fly by: vote to fly for the day.

This would get more people to vote every day so that they can fly in game for the day.

Say you dont vote for the day ... and you log on and you cant fly ... but you need to fly, then you just hope over to your browser and vote for the jr-craft server.

This would get more people to vote and solv the problem of this topic :D

(what do you think) i know i would vote more often!

instead of it taking up coal and stuff. what of we made use of the food bar? since people can fly and there is now no need for sprint one of the main things of the hunger bar. we could make the flying take up food and based on your "fly speed" it could gradually take up more food at a faster pace.