Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi all who do coding. I need help with a program called Lab View.

If anyone know this and can help please respond.

(im building a robot in school)

We need a little bit more information if you'd like help :D

I just need basic info on the program labview to write code for a robot but the people wont allow c+ or c++ stuff

I dont know why but anyways... We are making a robot that shoots/launches frisbies or discs

If you're just looking for basic info, can't do much more to help than link you to Wikipedia's page on it, LabVIEW's website, the table of contents for LabVIEW 2010 (there are other versions available if this isn't the version you have), the LabVIEW community forum, and another forum where people who use LabVIEW seem to frequent.

I know nothing about LabVIEW, though Wikipedia claims that it

uses a syntax that is generally compatible with MATLAB

so I can claim that I doubt you will have a fun time with it. An instructor once asked us, in groups, to create a function in MATLAB (which of course nobody had since it cost $400, so that was amazingly fun) to produce a graph he showed us. My group's code was the closest, and after about seven hours scrutinizing the code, we almost matched the inverse of his graph. <_<

I wish you luck, but I personally can't help. Hopefully someone else can, be there here or on one of the forums I found. :)

but the people wont allow c+ or c++ stuff

Probably some stupid security something or other...

This surprises me, since the LabVIEW I know is primarily a GUI tool. The idea is that you simply drag and drop graphical blocks that represent different functions and structures, and link them together with 'wires' to create the program. Still...

I don't know if this means anything to you, but LabVIEW is very similar to the software Lego distributes with the NXT (which also happens to be written by the same people). The reason this may be useful though, is that you can download that software for free from their site here.