ThEXxXRuInS

What is your favourite quote?

This would probably be mine from a great British man who ensured the World War 2 was won by the allied forces (send me a PM if you want to know more about how he did this :))

"Victory at all costs; Victory in spite of all terror; Victory, however
long and hard the road may be. For without victory, there is no
survival." Sir Winston Churchill

Haha, this topic could not have been made at a better time - I've got a great one that some of you might not get. ;)

"I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me.(...)

And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict's veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from day=to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. 'This is it... this is where I belong...'

I know everyone here... even if I've never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...(...)

This is our world now.... the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us criminals. We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin  color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat and lie to us and try to make us believe that it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.

Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for."

Taken from "The Hacker Crackdown, by Bruce Sterling, p.64/217; Project Gutenberg Etext #101, circa January 1994. Local copy printed 7/26/97. Original excerpt from "The Conscience of a Hacker" by "The Mentor", PHRACK Volume One, Issue 7, Phile 3.

Yes, this is one of those books that it is technically "illegal" (according to the powers that we allow to remain in existence) to reprint, sell, or in some places even own.

My favorite quote was written a few minutes before you posted this topic.

"Ruins, I highly suggest you don't make random topics just because you're bored." - Me

EDIT: OH MY GOD I PUT YOUR INSTEAD OF YOU'RE. MY MISTAKE I FIXED IT NOW.

words from the man who took on what the rest of the world though was impossible to stop  

''alone tree if it grows at all, grows strong and tall''- Sir Winston Churchill 

a good place to get inspiring quotes from inspirational people is :ph34r:  www.brainyquote.com  

by the way

'We don't stop playing games because we grow old.
We grow old because we stop playing games'
-Where I read this had the speaker by I forgot it :|

'May you live in interesting times'
-Ancient Chinese Curse.

'If everyone was as serious as you think I should be. Then who'd be there to pick you up and dust you off after a possible failure, that would utterly crush someone who is that serious? Me. Because I refuse to let everyone kill each other because they become so dead set on whatever.'

-Me to someone saying I need to stop joking around because it was almost performing time for something. 

My fave quote is below and it was done by a Man I knew and looked up to. Mr Claude Hicks rest in piece Sir.

"If a person has to have a title before they get the job...They might not deserve the title". C. Hicks

Also

"I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.
"

Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem In Memoriam:27, 1850

Pfttt wisdom quotes hell no xD

Sheldon
: I made tea. 
Leonard: I don't want tea. 
Sheldon: I didn't make tea for you. This is my tea. 
Leonard: Then why are you telling me? 
Sheldon: It's a conversation starter. 
Leonard: That's a lousy conversation starter. 
Sheldon: Oh, is it? We're conversing. Checkmate.

:3 game on !!! 
can't beat big bang theory 

enough said Beeatcheesss

Pfttt wisdom quotes hell no xD

Sheldon: I made tea. 

Leonard: I don't want tea. 

Sheldon: I didn't make tea for you. This is my tea. 

Leonard: Then why are you telling me? 

Sheldon: It's a conversation starter. 

Leonard: That's a lousy conversation starter. 

Sheldon: Oh, is it? We're conversing. Checkmate.

:3 game on !!! 

can't beat big bang theory 

enough said Beeatcheesss

Hmmm... I can think of no other way to say this... but...

"Laugh it up fuzzball..."