IAMSNOWMAN

Faction/clans for PVP server

Enable Factions  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should Factions Be Added To The Hardcore Map

• Yes I agree factions should be added (thumbs up)
    • No Keep hardcore at its basic with no protections and claiming of land
    • Wait for SimpleClans to update, which also will have the basic functionality as Factions (but less work for the team at JR)

_CSB_ had returned to the thought of bringing Factions back to JR's Hardcore map /server hardcore

as there has been no final decision has been made to weather or not the players would like it over all we felt as staff that the topic should be open to a community vote and let you guys decide 

For those who don't know currently the hardcore map allows Griefing, raiding etc with no protections what so ever making it very hard to defend your builds from other players 

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/simpleclans/ < for more info on what clans will allow you to do :) 

post your thoughts below and thank you for reading xD 

Edited by Jamie
Added an extra poll option

Yes! :D Hardcore is so hard that it is rather funny lol :P

But adding factions will make it easier I think and it will sort of lose the fun you know?

Normally you tnt some houses and then die. Now you can really make a faction etc, I think this will make it easier but more fun.

Sorry for my bad English/explanation lol :P

Keep the updates coming Jamie! :D

I like the idea of Factions. Clans do have a lot of functionality, yet they lack the ability to claim land. The only problem with factions (which is the reason Jamie removed it in the first place) is the slow and laggy boot up time. Yet that was quite a long time ago (just before I got helper, so... before 4th June 2012).

The only problem with factions (which is the reason Jamie removed it in the first place) is the slow and laggy boot up time.

Yeah didn't it add about 20 secs?

But if you can claim land with the Clans plugin, it should be good enough.

Agreed @Wavesludge. The only 2 advantages of Factions is that you can claim land and that it is more well known, so more people know the commands.

You will be able to claim land in clans. We just need to put the commands at spawn so people understand, just telling people /clan should be enough

I personally prefer clans. Its basically the same thing anyway so whats the point in switching? Plus all our members are familiar with it and its hardly like clans is difficult to learn. You learn all you need to know simply by typing /clan help <page>