Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TeOzFrAnK

New land claim plugin (easy to use!)

Well guys wanted to make you aware of a great plugin, http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/grief-prevention/

has anyone tried it before?

Its a great plugin i use it on my server since we have non pvp in it so there was no need to have factions so i needed to find an alternative and also without giving access to worldguard as i feel people could just claim half the map lol.

The videos on this plugin explain more and how it works and what it does to prevent griefing in the first place so there should be no need for log block, but i still use it for rollback purposes in case of anyone  bypassing this plugin but so far it was not needed as its rock solid

These are the main features;

Lets just say a new user joins the game.

They place a chest and a radius of 10x10 is protected around there chest which is visually shown with blocks in the ground. In order for them to expand that they must do two things;

1. have enough blocks to claim the land.

2. have the tool to expand the claim (by default it is a gold shoval and this is changeable too to any item).

the great thing about this plugin is you get more claim blocks as you stay longer on the server, this would give an incentive for players to stay on the server longer so they can protect their stuff.

There is alot more features but me waffling on you wont want to read it all lol, so check out these videos that will explain the basics;

Grief protection basics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yA-Eb_PD4SQ

Grief protection effectiveness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEQCBuUz5Ns&feature=player_embedded

Watching these videos will show you guys how good this plugin is without the messy setup of regions with worldguard! :D

Any questions/comments/feedback feel free to ask!

TeOzFrAnk

JR Plugin Developer / Admin

Yeah I talked Jamie into using this before and people for some ODD reason didnt take to it as I thought they would lol

Because it was the most awkward and awful thing to claim land.

Say you want to grab a specific area to build something? Nope, sorry, you have to place a chest every 10 by 10 blocks, and Jamie help you if you miss one, because that's a griefable pocket.

Also, this is literally the only use for Golden tools. Ever. >_<

Also, WorldGuard is simple, and there's even a bloody cheatsheet (worldguard_ref_rev2.pdf) for people who have problems with the commands!

Yeah I talked Jamie into using this before and people for some ODD reason didnt take to it as I thought they would lol

strange you say that as they guys on my server dont have problems using it, i suppose when players are so used to using worldguard and you introduce something that its totally different to what they were using they wont like it xD

you must admit tho the way this plugin highlights the area that is protected visually is epic, only if world guard did that it would make it easier than having to go around with leather all the time, and the plugin also notifies you if you are building outside your protected area, they need to add that to wg too :)

For those that prefer a visual interpretation, WorldEditCUI does just that for both WorldEdit and WorldGuard. >_>

yes but thats a client mod and requires a player to have it installed to see the effects and its only for 1.4.6 unless there is an update which i did not find or the 1.4.6 version still works with 1.5 which i doubt, this requires no client mods :P

I was on once with that (jr i think) anyways it ruined my whole floor cos of the blocks in the ground and it just wasnt nearly as easy to use as worldgaurd which i also used on jr.

the blocks on the ground are only a visual tool so you can see the boundarys, u can hide them u know lol, also other people cannot see them unless they use a stick. i honestly dont think world guard is the best for players that have never used world edit or world guard before, hmm think im gna make a poll for this to see!

i hate this plugin.. its is a pain were with a world guard region you can claim an island (like i did) and the limitations on this plugin wouldn't even protect 80% of my main room of my base -_-.

Plus with world guard you can make overlapping regions. fo example at my base i have a main region over it so people can not grief it. but then where there are things like my farm were i dont want people messing with the redstone i just make another region and have a staff member flag it for no entry so people can still explore my base but it protects my redstone.

and it easy with world guard to add someone by: /region addmember <region> <region name>

Plus World guard has more options (look at all the region flags) than this plugin.

Important Information

By continuing to use JR, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.