Nathan0401

Why do people fight over Mac and PC?

Hi guys, I've been seeing Mac vs PC videos on YouTube, I started thinking,

Mac vs PC, which is better? Personally, I think PC Is better because Microsoft made their own phone for Windows 8 while Mac on the other hand doesn't even have a phone made for it, please tell me If PC Is better, I hate PC Vs mac, "it should end!" 

Ok, nobody has actually answered the question...

Why do people fight?  It is because Apple and Microsoft have two completely different ways of doing things, and they are not compatible.  Inevetably, people who strongly prefer one methodology will not like the other. 

Microsoft is about doing things.  Their software is geared toward office use, gaming, and various 'use the hardware for something useful' applications.  Unfortunately, Microsoft isn't big on getting things done right, just easy and fast.  Their software breaks all of the time, but is up to date, and has the latest and greatest stuff going on.  Their game support is better because they are not afraid to throw their platform on any hardware that comes along. 

Apple is about stability.  Their software is either custom written, or heavily tested, and specially packaged.  Because of this, their operating systems almost never crash, and if they do, the user was probably to blame.  Apple does not like to run their software on a platform that does not meet their exacting specifications.  For this reason, they also provide hardware.  Because Apple is not a hardware company, they cannot write the latest and greatest drivers, and as such, their gaming support is always lagging by several months.  That, and most developers use DirectX for their engines anyways. 

These models are at odds with each other, and people argue about which is better.  Honestly, it depends on what you want to do.

I, however, am a fan of neither, and prefer Linux, which tries to do things right from the beginning, and not spend all day fixing bugs, wether it be before or after initial release. 

Ok, nobody has actually answered the question...

Why do people fight?  It is because Apple and Microsoft have two completely different ways of doing things, and they are not compatible.  Inevetably, people who strongly prefer one methodology will not like the other. 

Microsoft is about doing things.  Their software is geared toward office use, gaming, and various 'use the hardware for something useful' applications.  Unfortunately, Microsoft isn't big on getting things done right, just easy and fast.  Their software breaks all of the time, but is up to date, and has the lates and greates stuff going on.  Their game support is better because they are not afraid to throw their platform on any hardware that comes along. 

Apple is about stability.  Their software is either custom written, or heavily tested, and specially packaged.  Because of this, their operating systems almost never crash, and if they do, the user was probably to blame.  Apple does not like to run their software on a platform that does not meet their exacting specifications.  For this reason, they also provide hardware.  Because apple is not a hardware company, they cannot write the latest and greatest drivers, and as such, their gaming support is always lagging by several months.  That, and most people use DirectX for their engines anyways. 

These models are at odds with each other, and people argue about which is better.  Honestly, it depends on what you want to do.

I, however, amd a fan of neither, and prefer Linux, which tries to do things right from the beginning, and not spend all day fixing bugs, wether it be before or after initial release. 

That has to be the single greatest post I've yet seen here - @Peter should totally see this, he did what none of us ever thought to do - answer the question which makes this topic actually unique.... XD

MAC are good for photoshop and video editing, not much else. Hardware is good, but you are paying twice as much as you should for linux based software. Want a MAC? Buy a PC/Laptop and install ubuntu (Ubuntus recent popularity means a lot of people are developing more and more for it. Even Steam have games now).

PC... does everything... enough said.

At the end of the day, most PC issues point to the user (unless your using vista (or windows 8 for sharing (or crappy college technitions who know nothing about anything(seriously! how hard is it to get paper for a printer and put it in! what the guy who does it isn't around? so what about the other 7 of you in the room? are ye in training or something?)))).... got a bit sidetracked.. you can't blame Microsoft if you can't maintain your PC. Don't know how? ask a friend or look up online. When I was working in computer maintenance I nearly got sick several time from the condition that people left them in. Seriously, if I have to go out for a cigarette to protect my lungs from the dust, there is a problem.

I only realised that this doesn't answer the question origionally asked...

Because we are human..... not much else of a reason..

Mac vs PC, which is better? Personally, I think PC Is better because Microsoft made their own phone for Windows 8 while Mac on the other hand doesn't even have a phone made for it, please tell me If PC Is better, I hate PC Vs mac, "it should end!" 

"Mac on the other hand doesn't even have a phone made for it"

ever heard of an iPhone?

"Mac on the other hand doesn't even have a phone made for it"

ever heard of an iPhone?

I am not sure but I think the point he intended to make was how Windows Phone 8 and the desktop version are very, very close-working units. Things sync, work beautifully, and you don't feel a difference whether you're using the phone, the tablet, or the desktop. Mac and iOS are, as far as I've heard (I've no first-hand knowledge on the subject - I've not used either), distinct - much more than their Windows counterpart, atleast.

Its the same as people fighting over cats and dogs.... :P

I agree with @. Linux is, by far, superior in security and performance.