I've never played it, and have been thinking of buying it for some time. I've seen the yogscast play it a lot though and it looks a good game.

Just so you know for the future, its probably best to place this in the Gaming forum, unless you are posting an actual review of a game :)

Moved to gaming

depends what you like, i has no set goals or targets! What you can do is anything! You can set your own goals, for example you could just decide to figure our a way to build a giant catapult just for fun! you can just do anything!

Garry's Mod is a sandbox type game, much like Minecraft - instead of building with what you mine, you build with items spawned infinitaly (hold q to get the spawn menu).

You can build random things from catapults to bathtub cars to giant contraptions that either kill you or do nothing!

It's designed so you can just have fun creating random stuff, or play game modes more challenging.

Sandbox = default, open world, just for fun

Trouble in Terrorist Town = a different game mode (that comes with GMod by default), in which you are playing on a server with a bunch of others. Partly puzzle but always fun. Just look it up on YouTube if you want intricies of the gamemode.

There are others, like GMod Tower, which attempts to make a more relaxing place where you can play minigames with others (usually coop, but there are some PvE/PvP ones) as well as have a small sandbox space to play around.

TL;DR: GMod is one of the best games out there right now in my opinion; Totally worth the money (although I waited until it was on sale from it's usual price of ~$10USD to get it because I'm a cheap ex-college student in debt :P).

It seems to be kinda broken at the moment, like the core files on the download server are borked. I'm gonna see if I can find someone who's still able to play it and get a copy of their core GMod files to attempt using those instead as a fix.

Just so you know, if it's not working as soon as you get it, that's why.

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1291286

Even if you said it already me and a bunch of JR players and staff all got together and just had competitions to make vehicles. Was pretty fun, had trucks, planes and more

Even if you said it already me and a bunch of JR players and staff all got together and just had competitions to make vehicles. Was pretty fun, had trucks, planes and more