TeOzFrAnK

USB wired mouse repair gone wrong, or did it?

as the title suggests guys, iv had this mouse for ages and the cable was frayed and kept using it until today it refused to work so i did a little DIY repair.
cut the wire, removed old wires from the board, cleaned the tracks, tinned the new wires soldered them back, glue gunned the wires in place so they would not get damaged from pulling. and these were the results, only bad thing was i broke the left mouse click part on the cover (not the left click switch itself) when i was taking it apart, silly me! got super glue to fix it but i did not succeed, so i had to go buy a new mouse on ebay.

The good thing tho is that i can still use this as silly as it looks until i get my new one, i'm using it right now to play minecraft would you belive lol

here is a photo:
post-19463-0-44274800-1370820636_thumb.j

I'd believe it - not exactly rocket science. USB only has four wires, Vcc, D+, D-, and a Ground. Easy to fix most mice, etc. Done something similar to my cooling pad for the laptop rather than buy a new one - saved about $20USD there.

Only difference is I didn't solder, just twisted the wires together, aluminum taped them, then duck taped the two leads (for a cooling pad, D+ and D- are obviously not used :P), and then duck taped the wire together so it looked like a solid wire (more or less) again :P