Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TeOzFrAnK

Changing Mob Spawners GUIDE

Hi guys, here is the official guide on how to change Mob Spawners here on JR RPG.

First of all would like to make clear that this is NOT added to JR yet, I just want to familiarise everyone on how to change a spawner type when it is added, which will be very soon :D.

Main features;

- Left clicking a mob spawner will tell you what type it is.

- Left clicking a mob spawner with a spawn egg will change the mob
spawner type to the type of the spawn egg, the spawn egg is used up in
the process.

- If the player tries to change a mob spawner to a type that it already
is, it will inform the player and not take the spawn egg as there is no
need to change.

- If the player is in creative (Staff) and hits a mob spawner with their
hand to change it or to find out what type it is, the player will not be
able to break the mob spawner. They must change to survival if they wish
to do so.

- If a player tries to right click the ground with a spawn egg to spawn
the Creature type, it will cancel the event and prevent the entity from
spawning, as the use of spawner eggs are just to change a mobspawner
type.

- Prevents any creature spawn event that caused by the use of a spawner egg,
e.g if you right click a creature that can have a baby the spawn event
is prevented, or if a player puts a spawn egg in a dispenser it does also.

This guide is still a work in progress ! :)

- Prevents any creature spawn event that caused by the use of a spawner egg, e.g if you right click a creature that can have a baby the spawn event is prevented, or if a player puts a spawn egg in a dispenser it does also.

Not sure I like this part. Means you cant spawn mobs without a spawner.

Not sure I like this part. Means you cant spawn mobs without a spawner.

lol that's to stop players for example, spawning creepers outside someone's base, or a player themselves as funny as it may be. Suppose i could allow non hostile mobs to spawn with a Spawner egg in the future. :)

lol

I think it would be very efficient to be able to do this that way we could minimize the requests that are being sent to admins therefore letting them do what they need to do

its cool to see that the idea i had came true :D and that was done by out brilliant programmers :D 

- this plugin is also implemented on to JR survival (idk why that is) all it has really done is make spawning monsters (by admins) much harder because they can no longer just use the egg but they must use /give to get a spawner and then they have to place the spawner then change it with an egg and Wait for the mobs to spawn. (this method has been used by admins to refund horses that have been killed by others)

- This plugin should probably be removed from survival so that admins can spawn things easier and there should be no use for it because 

- also it would also fix the same problem by making it so that you can spawn with the egg along with changing spawners but most things have a reason, i do not know if the fact that you can not use the egg is the only way because it causes problems or something.

I went to the shop on minecraft and bought a wolf spawn egg and 2 villager spawn eggs. I was really looking foward to having a pet dog and some villagers in my home until it didn't work and 750 tokens was spent for nothing. My day was broken. Please allow us to use spawn eggs when ever we would like JR, I beg you. @TeOzFrAnK

I went to the shop on minecraft and bought a wolf spawn egg and 2 villager spawn eggs. I was really looking foward to having a pet dog and some villagers in my home until it didn't work and 750 tokens was spent for nothing. My day was broken. Please allow us to use spawn eggs when ever we would like JR, I beg you. @TeOzFrAnK

What server was this on? Also there is no need to tag me if you wish to ask me something, I check the forums everyday and so do the other staff, instead feel free to pm me if you want to talk to me directly, thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By continuing to use JR, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.