Sign in to follow this  
TeOzFrAnK

Minecraft 1.6 Update

Hey Everyone,

I'm Guessing everyone here is wondering when JR is updating to 1.6?

Well you have come to the right post,

I can tell you this, it will not be happening until we can verify that there is a stable build out there as well as updates for our plugins, (we will have to update our own ones too).

This may be a matter of days to a week or two, but believe me its for the better good to make sure JR will switch over smoothly without any problems.

I for one updated my server to a 1.6 Bukkit build today, and you think that would be a great idea, yes loads of players join but, it was extremely unstable, not to mention the lag and the console spam from end of stream and players not being able to pick up items, it even crashed my server countless of times! So i had to go back to 1.5.2, never again will i be using such an unstable build again, i have learned my lesson lol! :P

I hope you can understand that we will be updating to 1.6, when the time is right guys, stay tuned! :)

Also if you have downloaded the new client to try out 1.6 and want to join back to JR in 1.5.2, here is how:

Click on "edit profile" after you start up the client:

post-19463-0-88084100-1372752778_thumb.p

Then u pick release 1.5.2 out of the dropdown list, and click "save profile" :

post-19463-0-64747500-1372752918_thumb.p

Finally Click "Play" and the launcher will download whats needed and start up 1.5.2 :D :

post-19463-0-49891000-1372753075_thumb.p

If you want to change back to 1.6 just edit your profile and change it to release 1.6.x , save your profile and click play, couldn't get any easier than that! :)

Frank.

I don't think 1.6 is worth a crappy JR. I will be content to wait, saying how it didn't add anything major except horses, which are pretty useless saying there's a flyspeed 5 which is pretty darn fast... a bunch of bug fixes, a couple of mob buffs, a new block or two, nothing really worth it's weight.

Hey Everyone,

I'm Guessing everyone here is wondering when JR is updating to 1.6?

Well you have come to the right post,

I can tell you this, it will not be happening until we can verify that there is a stable build out there as well as updates for our plugins, (we will have to update our own ones too).

This may be a matter of days to a week or two, but believe me its for the better good to make sure JR will switch over smoothly without any problems.

I for one updated my server to a 1.6 Bukkit build today, and you think that would be a great idea, yes loads of players join but, it was extremely unstable, not to mention the lag and the console spam from end of stream and players not being able to pick up items, it even crashed my server countless of times! So i had to go back to 1.5.2, never again will i be using such an unstable build again, i have learned my lesson lol! :P

I hope you can understand that we will be updating to 1.6, when the time is right guys, stay tuned! :)

Also if you have downloaded the new client to try out 1.6 and want to join back to JR in 1.5.2, here is how:

Click on "edit profile" after you start up the client:

attachicon.gifeditprofile.png

Then u pick release 1.5.2 out of the dropdown list, and click "save profile" :

attachicon.gifeditprofile2.png

Finally Click "Play" and the launcher will download whats needed and start up 1.5.2 :D :

attachicon.gifeditprofile3.png

If you want to change back to 1.6 just edit your profile and change it to release 1.6.x , save your profile and click play, couldn't get any easier than that! :)

Frank.

Thanks for this post frank, I would have posted something but as you know I have higher priorities in life right at the moment.

Sign in to follow this