Mecmax

Movie editing software suggestions

Hey guys, I know I haven't been on Jr lately but I'm looking for a software and I know I can rely on the community to find one for me :)

Me and my brother want to edit and redo the audio on a movie we bought on a DVD. Any suggestions?

Sony vegas is pretty good for editing audio levels (use it myself for youtube) that's the only one I can recommend and stay away from windows move maker or whatever it is called these days as the volume changing doesn't work that well :/

I personally like Vidpad video editor. It has a free version that still has all your basic needs for making videos but can't do a few things like Sony Vegas (add in little pop up type things etc) but like I said the version I use is free and works well enough for a casual video maker.

-Edit-

Also it's very easy to use, I never used a video editing program before when I first used it and it actually looked decent.

Wait, you are going to edit a video on a disc that you bought? Is the disc copyrighted? If it is, then what you want to do is illegal. If it isn't, then happy editing ;)

whoops, then I'm gonna have to find a way around the security :P

But thanks for the heads up :D

And I'll check both of your programs out, @MajestikMooss and @Carter :D

If you just for some basic editing, you can take a look at DVD Ripper from AppGeeker.

http://www.appgeeker.com/convert/rip-dvd-to-mp3-mac.html

It comes with editing and conversion all in one place.

Nice one, Never seen it before.

Also welcome to JRNetwork, hope you enjoy your stay :) I'm Jamie the owner of JR :)

I use Sony Vegas Pro and Audacity for the audio. If that's not your thing then one I HIGHLY recommend, probably more than Sony Vegas is Camtasia Studio, it comes with a recorder too. its so easy to use and you get a fair amount of features!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.