JR Network
Jamie

Plain Survival

I believe Chris has mentioned this but I did think of it last week.

Does everyone want a plain and simple survival. Just survival, no money, no additional features, no flight. Just plain and simple survival.

What do you think? Would you like it, if so I'll implement it this week. If you have any ideas just post them below.

Regards,
Jamie

That's not actually a bad idea. It might be a nice test. I might try it out, but the one concern: pvp. I don't want pvp. Just, putting it out there, because when I think 'plain' survival, I think of vanilla, and any vanilla servers turn into hardcore servers with pvp. So, yeah. But other than that it might be a nice change of pace for some people who don't like being limited or difficult challenges.

As IgbarX said above no PVP that's what our overly exaggerated version of hardcore is, pvp at it's finest. I think we should have all the old plugins back such as McMMO as well as others (make sure you can install one so I can slap you :P). We would of course need log block and world guard (+ world edit) so that users feel that it is safe server and that we have grief protections. I am thinking of factions as well like it used to be where you have to have X amount of members before a staff member will actually make you a faction :). Don't forget Teleport Suite either so many of us love that plugin :3

if it's going to be plain survival will creeper explosion damage be on?, I wouldn't think it should be on because people can use that to grief other people's thing's by getting them to explode near them  and wouldn't leave log's.

logbook and world guard I think  along with locking plugin's should be it, just to stop it from becoming a griefed out map

if it's going to be plain survival will creeper explosion damage be on?, I wouldn't think it should be on because people can use that to grief other people's thing's by getting them to explode near them  and wouldn't leave log's.

logbook and world guard I think  along with locking plugin's should be it, just to stop it from becoming a griefed out map

Im pretty sure it should remain off, unless someone else has an opinion on that?

Also we would need:

1. logblock (for obvious reasons)

2. jrtoolkit

3. some sort of controlled PVP (optional, but have a read!).. for example PVP is enabled on the server BUT, there is a global region disabling PVP so that when normal players are build they cannot be attacked and only enabled in certain areas (such as a dueling area and that only, I'm currently working on a plugin for this ;) )  , so that if players would like to PVP for fun they can, there is nothing wrong with a bit of PVP once in a while for fun not competitive :), unless we'd rather leave that to another one of our servers.

4. no MCMMO i agree with Jamie its really messy and can get overpowered easily.

5. no cheat + (for other obvious reasons)

6. LWC (protection plugin)

7. votifier / vote listener for small voting rewards

8. warps

9. teleporting

10. dynamap! :)

11. anything else ?

7. anything else I'm leaving out?

Not Buycraft considering there'd be no economy, but still having Votifier tied in could be doable, just make the rewards something like torches - extremly usefull, and if you end up with chests upon chests of them, it's not really "free" resources. But still helpful.

+1 to everything else that's been said - this could be nice for some of us :)

anything else I'm leaving out?

I would say TeleportSuite for the reason if a group of friends are building together then they can teleport to one another and could do with a home plugin as well if we're going to have the protection plugins so users don't have any problems and a warp plugin could be helpful if we run any competitions there in the future :) 

Not Buycraft considering there'd be no economy, but still having Votifier tied in could be doable, just make the rewards something like torches - extremly usefull, and if you end up with chests upon chests of them, it's not really "free" resources. But still helpful.

+1 to everything else that's been said - this could be nice for some of us :)

added to the list :D

added to the list also added Dynamap which would be handy :D

although that would be good the old survival world is a complete MESS !!! :/ 

if we could re build a new spawn for it and stuff that would be great but the one in use on that world is just not a pretty welcome 

why not create a new world altogether, world edit some stuff back, or rebuild spawn to make it look better or is that too much work?

what do you mean by the problem is JRVotes?

In my opinion, if we had two servers, one with JR Levels, and one just plain survival, it would be too complicated because those two servers would be in some way different, and in some way the same.  One way it would be the same is that it is still survival mode without any other advantages, just more RPG like.  The other one is the same survival, but with free fly.  I think that we should stick with one thing, either JR Levels or Plain survival.  Perhaps we should have all the members of the server vote on which they like more.  If the votes are extremely close, then we may want to think about the two servers, but not if it can be helped.

In my opinion, if we had two servers, one with JR Levels, and one just plain survival, it would be too complicated because those two servers would be in some way different, and in some way the same. One way it would be the same is that it is still survival mode without any other advantages, just more RPG like. The other one is the same survival, but with free fly.

Did you even look at the previous posts?  That statement doesn't even make sense if you think about it...  The idea isn't that there is a duplicate of survival sans JRLevels.  The idea is that there is a barebones survival world with just enough plugins to make it administrable.  It would only have protection, logging, and teleport plugins at most. 

With that said, I  can't see why this would be too complicated.  On one world you have a bunch of plugins that make minecraft into more of an RPG-type game, and on the other, you are just playing cassic vanilla minecraft. 

On another note, I really don't think that spawn should be much more than a simple hut.  For one thing, it kinda fits the theme of barebones minimalism, and for another, all we really need is a central location to hold a portal to the hub.  There is certainly no reason to bring any old worlds back. 

Heck, I wouldn't care if the only thing was a nice-looking stone plaza with a portal on it - but that's just me. 

Important Information

By using JR, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.