Prison Server

Kickyabut24

JR Prison  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that a Prison server would benefit JR?

:info: Before I get into this, I want to say that I understand if this gets declined on the fact that JR can not afford another server at this time!

Hey Staff and Community of JR, I haven't seen you for a while, and that's mainly because I've been playing on a prison server (which I will not give the IP so that I don't break the rules). Many of you may know that prison servers are highly addictive and take A LOT of time to complete, this makes prison servers not only fun, but a great way to bring traffic to the JR community. In addition to this, maybe you have "completed" rpg, skyblock, and are just bored with creative, what do you do? Some people don't get on as much as a result of "completing JR." Adding a prison server could open up an opportunity to complete another challenge, getting free! I know I would love to see a prison server in JR! To add onto the prison server I would add cells, factions (like gangs in the prison XD), kits (for the guards), and drugs (contraband items). As for staff, Helpers could be Trainees, GP could be Guards, Admins could be Head Guards and Wardens, and Jamie could be Head Warden! If you agree that a prison server would be good for JR, please vote yes on the poll and tell everyone why you said yes or no in the forum!

As an answer to the above questions: on a prison server you are pretty much locked in prison for life, and you have to work your way up through the blocks, and eventually become a free person and win your life back again. Most prisons make you do jobs, such as mining or cutting down trees to make you pay the prison to rank up to the next block. For example, one could make money by cutting down trees and selling the wood to the prison shop. Now aside from that, most prison servers are full of pvp and people will try to fight each other. It's a guard's job to stop that. Most of the time they will just murder the people fighting or tell them to drop their contraband item, such as weapons or drugs.

Now, yes, a prison server will sound fun and everything, but almost every single prison server have actual Internet fights going on around them. I just can't see JR becoming the holders of a prison server. Most prison server owners are just crazy strict with their verdicts. Plus, in addition to the pvp in prison, we may consider separating the blocks from each other because if we have frees fighting c blockers then its diamond armor kills all.

I think it's just too complicated for something like JR.

• Admin

I brought a prison server up in staff chat and was met with the very valid point that it is a dwindling community while they were extremely popular last year. We do have more important things to focus on such as getting RPG finished and smoothing out the other servers. 

As an answer to the above questions: on a prison server you are pretty much locked in prison for life, and you have to work your way up through the blocks, and eventually become a free person and win your life back again. Most prisons make you do jobs, such as mining or cutting down trees to make you pay the prison to rank up to the next block. For example, one could make money by cutting down trees and selling the wood to the prison shop. Now aside from that, most prison servers are full of pvp and people will try to fight each other. It's a guard's job to stop that. Most of the time they will just murder the people fighting or tell them to drop their contraband item, such as weapons or drugs.

This is exactly what a prison server is.

When you go on to say pvp in prison, You can make pvp zones where you don't have to go through pvp zones to get around the prison.

Our servers are all on one dedicated server (websites, minecraft, steam, voice), that costs us 210Euro a month. 

Well the grand total is 210 euro. Whats the price for each server?

And how much would it be for a new one?

I do think we should have a prison server, but aren't we struggling to keep JR up already?