Sign in to follow this  
Kyle

JR Theme Park

Okay so what I'm planning is a massive theme park on JR, it will include a roller coaster, an arcade a log flume and any other rides you can all come up with :)

This build is going to be community ran which means while I'll be seeing over the whole thing hopefully it will almost completely be built by members of JR. We need people to fill in the following roles:

• Roller Coaster Engineer - Will create and maintain the RollerCoasters. If you would like to be considered please show a rollercoaster you have previously built. It can be on any of our servers (including creative).
  • Flume Engineer - Will create and maintain the Flume. If you would like to be considered please show a flume or other ride you have previously built. It can be on any of our servers (including creative).
  • Arcade Engineer - If you have an idea of how you might make an arcade game on a small scale and are reasonable good at redstone then this is probably a job you should be doing.
  • Ride Engineer - Will create and maintain the other rides. If you would like to be considered please show a ride you have previously built. It can be on any of our servers (including creative).

We can have any number of people doing each job, please post below if you'd like to help :) If you have never built a ride you can still help but people who have experience in building one will be the ones who mainly lead the project.

Thanks,

Kyle :)

Okay awesome, DJ and Jeddy you can be in charge of the roller coaster building if you like. 

I can build anything within what minecraft can handle - where am I needed?  I'm itching for a challenge. 

Was hoping you'd reply to this :P There are two/three areas where you can help tbh. The main one is the arcade, I've thought loads about how to make reasonably small arcade games and I haven't came up with any solution yet :P So hopefully you'd be able to come up with something for that.  Also on the other rides (flumes and rollercoasters), I think it would be cool to have them run automatically. So we'd need some sort of system that only allowed new carts to go once the one before that has went a certain distance. It would also need to take into account if a cart is empty (since empty carts can't go as far unaided and I think are slower). Alternatively there need to be a way to remove empty carts to a storage area until someone pushes some sort of button to get an empty cart but I'm sure you can come up with something :)

So, arcade games are gonna be tricky.  The interfaces are hard enough, but the game logic tends to be very large.  The arcade games are gonna have to have some real space devoted to them, although it doesn't have to be above ground.  With that said, the easiest arcade games are games that have an easily detectable win state, and a method of interaction that is easily mechanically limited.  I think I could make a whack-a-mole game easily enough.  I may also be able to make a simple puzzle with toggling patterns of pistons.  I might even be able to make a slot machine...

The cart system on the flume/coaster will be easy enough.  as long as there isn't anything super-interesting going on in the first little bit I can just bolt a system in.  Incidentally, I know a few little tricks that could be used to great effect on a coaster.  Hint: Pistons move rails, and ABBA circuits are easy.

Where is this build?  RPG?

Zistack

So, arcade games are gonna be tricky.  The interfaces are hard enough, but the game logic tends to be very large.  The arcade games are gonna have to have some real space devoted to them, although it doesn't have to be above ground.  With that said, the easiest arcade games are games that have an easily detectable win state, and a method of interaction that is easily mechanically limited.  I think I could make a whack-a-mole game easily enough.  I may also be able to make a simple puzzle with toggling patterns of pistons.  I might even be able to make a slot machine...

The cart system on the flume/coaster will be easy enough.  as long as there isn't anything super-interesting going on in the first little bit I can just bolt a system in.  Incidentally, I know a few little tricks that could be used to great effect on a coaster.  Hint: Pistons move rails, and ABBA circuits are easy.

Where is this build?  RPG?

Zistack

It will be in RPG, currently it's more in planning stages. I might see about getting a separate world where all people involved will be able to build freely with creative so there doesn't have to be a staff member there all the time.

Sign in to follow this