Karim

Citizen + and why I believe it should be re-implemented.

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Citizen + to return?

• Yes
    • No

Hello there :P.

As you can probably deduce from the title, I would like to suggest that the "Citizen +" group/rank be returned.

Here are the following reasons:

• Encourages users to post in the forums thus enriching the community with different types of discussions.
  • If this is to be re-implemented, the activity on the forums will vastly improve many aspects including the financial problems that the server I believe is currently suffering from. (As indicated on some posts made by Jamie.).
  • SEO. The further activity on the forums will rank the server up on the search engines (Most importantly Google.) due to the increase of content that would be displayed if this is to be re-implemented. This will then increase the number of guests and tourists the servers receive.
  • This will keep the members that are currently dedicated to the forum and the servers content thus resulting in them staying on the server and not leaving.

However,  I believe there was a reason (reasons) for this group/rank to be removed. I believe it was because of the amount of spam/random posts made in topics so users can purposely increase their post-count. 

@Peter has once mentioned in a :

"The higher we raise the post requirement, the more a user will post and its not always necessarily "crap", I've seen a lot of quality posts by one particular user, but that's just one so we still have the crap factor.

As for spam, when a post is deleted, the post count does not actually decrease so we may have to go into the admin panel and alter the post count value from there, but that's a bit drastic. However, if there was an option to decrease the post count before the post is deleted, say for example a spam option (decreases post count) and a normal delete then that could work easier for staff."

I am wondering if what he has stated above could still be implemented. That way staff can take down the unnecessary "spam" posts made to increase a post-count and still keep this rank. 

As for the post requirement, I believe it should be 150 posts as it was once made. However, a high post-count (In my opinion) isn't the only that displays the activity of the I member. That's why I think that people chosen to be Citizen + should be picked by staff. A person worthy of this rank should be a person with:

• A high Post-Count.
  • Votes for the server thus displaying dedication.

Hmmm... Straight off no to voting for the server everyday, it creates an exclusive towards our minecraft players which isn't fair on people who don't play on minecraft.

^ For this reason I believe this should be cancelled then.

• The amount of time he is seen on the servers.
  • Shows activity on the TS3 (TeamSpeak) server! You might be asking why I am suggesting this. TeamSpeak is a great way for a community to simple communicate. So, people that are active there display dedication to the community.
  • Join date. I believe 2-3 months is enough (In my opinion).

Keep in mind that I am not mentioning this so I CAN get citizen +. I am simply stating it as it can speed up the activity.

As most people know, JR's activity has been quite slow lately. As a result,  I believe that this rank is good to facilitate the activity and help JR continue to grow.

Well we have several members of staff that are able to moderate the forums... having an increased amount of spam posts shouldn't be an issue since that's what moderators are for. Even if one member does post a lot of spam, the post count wouldn't necessarily need changing as they are unlikely to get anywhere near the number of posts needed for citizen+ without being put on moderator approval or banned :P

I always loved the Citizen+ rank and I've mentioned several times that the Citizen+ rank is what got me really involved in the JR community (and not just play by myself on the server xD). The only thing I'd change about it possibly is a slightly lower post count to get it than what it was originally (unless we bring back the points plugin that we used to have so people can also get points for likes ect). 

Hmmm... Straight off no to voting for the server everyday, it creates an exclusive towards our minecraft players which isn't fair on people who don't play on minecraft. Team speak 3 also creates an exclusive to people who use that and if it does come back it should be on the forum points plugin which we had before, I also have a few other ideas of posting rewards

Usually when I see a suggestion in the forums, I'm always like, "Okay, how bad is it THIS time?" but I was actually surprised about how well done this was. So you got my vote just for that. You also get my vote because I miss citizen plus for nothing but selfish reasons! After I 'stepped down' from being a staff member (Some would say kicked out, removed, but it depends who you ask, really) I was given the little + after my name as a little token of appreciation (Never really confirmed that, because I was a pretty immature admin. How I ever got that far I would never know even if I spent the rest of my life figuring trying to figure it out...) and I loved that little thing. It granted me only 2 super powers! I think it was suppose to be 3, but one of didn't work. First, I was given the ability to wear anything as a hat! Being an avid TF2 player, this was well enjoyed. The other was the ability to disguise as mobs! I usually spent most of my time as a squid so the mobs wouldn't attack me, and because a magical flying squid makes everyone confused. On a side note citizen + is a very lonely rank because no one even tries and makes it... So I'm all for it because I'm a egocentric jerk-bag who'd love nothing more than bragging rights over everyone!

Hey look, I'm 'that guy' who writes a huge story every time he posts and puts his crappy youtube channel in his signature! Do I get citizen+ yet?!?

Hmmm... Straight off no to voting for the server everyday, it creates an exclusive towards our minecraft players which isn't fair on people who don't play on minecraft. Team speak 3 also creates an exclusive to people who use that and if it does come back it should be on the forum points plugin which we had before, I also have a few other ideas of posting rewards

Concerning voting, you may be right however TeamSpeak is easy to download so I don't see why we shouldn't include this.

I am glad you enjoyed the topic then :P. Moreover, how is it a "lonely" rank though? I don't see how hard it is. The past requirement was only 150 posts. So, if one is "really" dedicated, then he/she can get it easily. :)

Concerning voting, you may be right however TeamSpeak is easy to download so I don't see why we shouldn't include this.

I am glad you enjoyed the topic then :P. Moreover, how is it a "lonely" rank though? I don't see how hard it is. The past requirement was only 150 posts. So, if one is "really" dedicated, then he/she can get it easily. :)

Well it was more like 200.... plus you could get points to work your way towards it by getting likes ect. Not to mention the fact that it required 200 points per month, so it wasn't like you could have it for a month then stop using the forums, the idea was you got it and stayed active (which once you did get it, wasn't actually as hard as it sounds).

I agree with Chris on TeamSpeak too... although like the forums it ties the different JR servers together (which would be an argument as to why it isn't exclusive), one it requires the user to have a mic (because people rarely read the text channel) and two the process of checking that would have to be very manual. The reason it was based on the forums before was because it brought everyone on JR to one central place which is kind of like the heart of the community and also because it was easy to automate with the points system.

Well it was more like 200.... plus you could get points to work your way towards it by getting likes ect. Not to mention the fact that it required 200 points per month, so it wasn't like you could have it for a month then stop using the forums, the idea was you got it and stayed active (which once you did get it, wasn't actually as hard as it sounds).

I agree with Chris on TeamSpeak too... although like the forums it ties the different JR servers together (which would be an argument as to why it isn't exclusive), one it requires the user to have a mic (because people rarely read the text channel) and two the process of checking that would have to be very manual. The reason it was based on the forums before was because it brought everyone on JR to one central place which is kind of like the heart of the community and also because it was easy to automate with the points system.

The 200 points per month is reasonable since you can get points by posts and likes as you have mentioned (Anything else you can make points with as I am not really knowledgeable about that plugin).  However, I think it should be re-made to 200 points per 2 months (Just seems a little more reasonable in my opinion). Furthermore, you don't need a microphone for TeamSpeak :P. Many people use the text tabs (Especially in the general chat) as I am kind of active there. On the other hand, finding or making a plugin that ties both the TeamSpeak and site statistics of a user to make sure he is an active/dedicated player seems hard :P.

So we can rule out the TeamSpeak requirement I guess if what I mentioned above is almost impossible to be done. ^

Usually when I see a suggestion in the forums, I'm always like, "Okay, how bad is it THIS time?" but I was actually surprised about how well done this was. So you got my vote just for that. You also get my vote because I miss citizen plus for nothing but selfish reasons! After I 'stepped down' from being a staff member (Some would say kicked out, removed, but it depends who you ask, really) I was given the little + after my name as a little token of appreciation (Never really confirmed that, because I was a pretty immature admin. How I ever got that far I would never know even if I spent the rest of my life figuring trying to figure it out...) and I loved that little thing. It granted me only 2 super powers! I think it was suppose to be 3, but one of didn't work. First, I was given the ability to wear anything as a hat! Being an avid TF2 player, this was well enjoyed. The other was the ability to disguise as mobs! I usually spent most of my time as a squid so the mobs wouldn't attack me, and because a magical flying squid makes everyone confused. On a side note citizen + is a very lonely rank because no one even tries and makes it... So I'm all for it because I'm a egocentric jerk-bag who'd love nothing more than bragging rights over everyone!

Hey look, I'm 'that guy' who writes a huge story every time he posts and puts his crappy youtube channel in his signature! Do I get citizen+ yet?!?

If you are really a devoted TF2 player, then you would enjoy playing on the JRTX gaming servers (from all maps servers to MVM servers to Dodgeball servers etc, which you can ofc hop from one to another in-game by saying /hop :P)

Just click HERE to be redirected to the tf2 servers info.

Also, you could also check the TS3 Voice Server ( Click HERE to download & install it if you already didn't) to be able to chat/talk with your friends/other players.

Furthermore, you could also join the Official JRTX Steam group, and apply for full member rank HERE(which in future will give you some advantages in the Steam Servers), then also if you want add the [JRTX] tag to your Steam name :P

And don't forget to check the JRTX Gaming site for general info on the Steam servers/Voice servers

-Squig :3

If you are really a devoted TF2 player, then you would enjoy playing on the JRTX gaming servers (from all maps servers to MVM servers to Dodgeball servers etc, which you can ofc hop from one to another in-game by saying /hop :P)

Just click HERE to be redirected to the tf2 servers info.

Also, you could also check the TS3 Voice Server ( Click HERE to download & install it if you already didn't) to be able to chat/talk with your friends/other players.

Furthermore, you could also join the Official JRTX Steam group, and apply for full member rank HERE(which in future will give you some advantages in the Steam Servers), then also if you want add the [JRTX] tag to your Steam name :P

And don't forget to check the JRTX Gaming site for general info on the Steam servers/Voice servers

-Squig :3

How lovely and off-topic-ly of you :3 :P