commanderAIK

Let's evolve: League of Legends Integration!

Hey guys,

No I'm not dead, but I have another idea yet again for JR. Now I've seen Minecraft losing a lot of popularity lately. Nobody wants this to happen to JR. Recently, I've been playing League of Legends a lot, so I figured I could play it with JR'ans as well. I've seen some people play League of Legends on the Teamspeak server, and this is great! However, if you're new to league of legends, please read this to get the gist of it (If you know what it is then you can skip it:

MOBAs, or Multiplayer Online Battle Arenas (No not mother of bad...nevermind), usually involve strategy and communication, as well as a lot of entertainment and fun, in my opinion. In order to delve further into this, I need to give an example of the most popular played game on the PC.   This game is League of Legends. What is League of Legends? Some of us know what this is, but others don't really have the grasp of it I feel. The gist of it is there are ten players in a match. FIve players vs Five players. Basically, the players on each team try to destroy the others team's nexus, or that big shiny thing in their base. Players use champions to fight in matches. Each champion has four abilities (with three exceptions, which are champions with seven) in order to deal damage or help them excel at their role more. What's a role? Well, it could be a mage, who deals with magic damage, a tank, who stands in the front of the battle and soaks up the damage for their teammates, a bruiser, a kind of tank/fighter champion who can be tanky and deal damage as well, an ADC, or Attack Damage Carry, who stays in the back lines and works on dealing as much damage as possible, and supports, who assist in giving the ADCs kills (it's very DOTAish). I know I left out some roles but that's the basics of it.

There are over 100 champions! This gives players something to talk about and even teach to other newbies.   Why do I think this game is good for JR? Well honestly I could really see people playing this game and enjoying it. This could definitely bring people from JR to talk about strategy and other things. In fact, there is a friends function and a chat function for this. This is a very exciting game as well. If you don't believe me, this game has it's professional players, who make teams and play against each other on a live-streamed network to make it look like football (there is even play-by-play commentary and Twitter features where they read your Twitter messages).

Anyway, I need to understand how many people play this game on JR. If you do, please leave your summoner name in a reply.

My ideas for this are:

1. A new section on the JR forums for LoL with patch updates and interesting news, as well as questions from people.
  2. Streaming for JR
  3. Tournaments with RP prizes exclusively for JR
  4. Plugin that notifies us when a fellow JR player has been promoted, won a game, etc.
  5. Teams (this might be hard and we would need a lot of people first)

I can fulfill idea 1 as long as this works out, but do any of you guys have any ideas? I posted this in a staff conversation and we all agreed I should make this topic.

So please, if you haven't tried League of Legends, it's free, easily accessible (you can play with a PC/mac) and fun. After all, it's the #1 most played PC game out there. Post any ideas/thoughts you have as well.

Haven't found myself personally drawn to MOBAs because of how long they take to complete one game. I am more of an RPGer now than what I used to be, however I am willing to give it a go at some point :)

Only thing that I don't particularly like about it is that LOL tournaments crash twitch's chat servers

Nice Idea, Also with the fact that i have got into League of Legends recently as well :P

Summoner Name - IH8Sn0wFal

- Jack

Great! I'll add you at some point

I haven't ever seen this happen really. The Best Riven NA tournament included more than 20 professional players with every game livestreamed on twitch. You are right that a lot of popular streams get flooded with chats a lot, however you can change it to sub only mode, where only subscribers ($4.99) can chat there. You can also make it so people can only say one thing per an interval of time.

You can add me 
My main (Lvl 30) - Armdys
My Smurf (Lvl 6) - Bare Clause

What I plan on doing is posting a list of all LoL terms as well as making video guides on different positions and other mechanics in the game.