Jamie

Revamping JR

bronze silver and gold membership then? thats simple xD.

I think the only problem with that is the fact that the community apparently won't be stricly Minecraft-based as noted by Jamie.

In that case, what exactly is the difference in permissions between bronze and silver and gold on the forums for example? There wouldn't be much of a difference.

That, of course, if the community wouldn't be getting involved in several other games giving those ranks actual meaning due to the existence of several commands/permissions to offer. If the community, would get involved in those games with several commands, then I guess, several ranks would be a good idea. Purchases for upgrades from one rank to another can be set up too which is considered effective for some users & more profitable for the server(s) itself.

I'd be hoping that Frosty would go through all the staff team for me to help me make decisions on who will stay and who won't stay.

I will do what's needed once I pay attention, I've just started work myself, My working days are Sunday to Friday with hours starting from 9 am till 5 pm which leaves me free on Saturday. Week nights I will have a brief scan through forums and do what is needed to assist where I can and once I am settled I will be able to make a constructive evaluation of the staff team and then come forward to you and see if I missed any positive and negative points

This I could easily grasp as Social aspects are rather my strength, with the management I will aim to be fair and share points/feelings and suggestions equally as I hope the response will be the same :) 

This personally Is a MASSIVE step itself as we rarely speak with our community for ideas and information although we do watch and try to pick up on ideas and play-style < keeping in mind guys this will not mean everything you suggest will be put in place... Although it may be incorporated into similar things that are happening for instance we may decide to link one suggestion with another suggestion if we feel it will benefit a larger member base than the submission placer

Anyways :) looking forward to seeing the future and I hope that you all stay with us one way or another and are happy with the choices we make together :D

how about no weather, rain can be very annoying.... let us not forget a lot of players live very busy lives and school work means come summer we may get a rise in players but only if the weathers bad, no one wants to be inside when its nice and sunny, I'll be more active come the 21th June as I will have hopefully finished school exams forever :D 

one server but separate worlds would be good idea in my opinion...

one server but separate worlds would be good idea in my opinion...

reading this gave me an idea... weather it works or not no clue but how about the hub is located in the main server... then seperate servers for pvp world, minigames and so on... the hub surely doesn't need to be seperate? and the other servers have no spawn... the main server will just connect you to the other server and start you in the wild or for minigames in a minigame lobby for that game e.g hungergames spawn, ship battle spawn, parkour spawn etc with portals to the different maps  :)

reading this gave me an idea... weather it works or not no clue but how about the hub is located in the main server... then seperate servers for pvp world, minigames and so on... the hub surely doesn't need to be seperate? and the other servers have no spawn... the main server will just connect you to the other server and start you in the wild or for minigames in a minigame lobby for that game e.g hungergames spawn, ship battle spawn, parkour spawn etc with portals to the different maps   :)

So, 1 spawn for multiple game modes?

1 spawn for multiple game modes

*shakes head* nope :) one spawn (the main hub) for the whole server itself, which will be located in the main server... then  one the seperate servers just little spawns which host portals to mini game modes, hungergames arena's etc :)

the main idea  i was trying to get at  is that chat is linked so i can talk to someone on survival whilst in creative for example...

At the point where they're linked like that, it makes more sense for managing it to have multiple worlds, where one is survival and another is creative, rather than two independent servers.

At the point where they're linked like that, it makes more sense for managing it to have multiple worlds, where one is survival and another is creative, rather than two independent servers.

Not a good idea to have creative in a multiple world server as of yet. There is still a duplication glitch with multiverse inventories last time I checked. Just keep it simple to one server for now and do it right :). I was thinking of a MMORPG server?

I just came up with something that might be good to include in the future. I think one of the major problems with the server recently is it's lack of players and the same on the forums, their seems to be a lack of members. One of the big reasons I used to like the server (not to say that I don't still like it :P ) is the player base, and the fact most the time someone else would be on at the same time as you. 

I think we could start promoting the use of forum signatures for members to use on other forums with referral links, if someone uses one of those links the referring member would get some sort of reward. Of course this may require a lot of coding and it might be the case that staff members have to manually assign bbcodes for forum signatures to members. Just an idea but I think more things like this might help increase our online presence again by a bit.

I just came up with something that might be good to include in the future. I think one of the major problems with the server recently is it's lack of players and the same on the forums, their seems to be a lack of members. One of the big reasons I used to like the server (not to say that I don't still like it :P ) is the player base, and the fact most the time someone else would be on at the same time as you. 

I think we could start promoting the use of forum signatures for members to use on other forums with referral links, if someone uses one of those links the referring member would get some sort of reward. Of course this may require a lot of coding and it might be the case that staff members have to manually assign bbcodes for forum signatures to members. Just an idea but I think more things like this might help increase our online presence again by a bit.

But will it be tolerated on other forums?

Most likely not. I know the bigger forums like PMC do not tolerate that at all, as otherwise everyone and their aunt would have massive 5000px wide advertisements for their server.

It would depend on what forum you're on as to if they allow it or not, but I would more readily assume that it isn't permitted on most forums (most communities don't like users coming in trying to steal their memberbase away to another's community).

Good point, I still think we need something - maybe not that to help increase our online presence that isn't going to be too costly. Websites like enjin have an 'affiliate scheme' obviously theirs is a lot more business based but we could have something like this where we issue referral links with an image to advertise on personal websites, then we could make products something like 10-20% cheaper for that person if people use the referral link and in turn buy membership or hosting. We could have something similar to this (or kind of like what we had originally on the newer site where if a member referred so many people they got cit+).

Good point, I still think we need something - maybe not that to help increase our online presence that isn't going to be too costly. Websites like enjin have an 'affiliate scheme' obviously theirs is a lot more business based but we could have something like this where we issue referral links with an image to advertise on personal websites, then we could make products something like 10-20% cheaper for that person if people use the referral link and in turn buy membership or hosting. We could have something similar to this (or kind of like what we had originally on the newer site where if a member referred so many people they got cit+).

I believe it's best if you guys focus on the Minecraft server itself and not the forums. Then, with the Minecraft server gaining a larder audience, you'd spread that audience on the forums. I know you guys don't want it Minecraft based. But, I think it's always best to choose and focus on one game to bring that specific community. A general gaming forum will be a bit difficult. That is if you guys don't want Minecraft, you could put in several games each with a forum section of its own with a group of staff members encharge of each section; the staff members that play that game/are capable of moderating the players of that game. However, considering the communtiy is rather small,  I believe it's best to direct away from the concept of a 'general' gaming forum and focus on one type of gamemode in one type of game and attract a good amount of members that play that gamemode. I am suggesting Minecraft because it's what the server (I believe) is currently ready for due to the existence of a Minecraft server already that just needs a bit of modification, dedication and better advertising.

I believe it's best if you guys focus on the Minecraft server itself and not the forums. Then, with the Minecraft server gaining a larder audience, you'd spread that audience on the forums. I know you guys don't want it Minecraft based. But, I think it's always best to choose and focus on one game to bring that specific community. A general gaming forum will be a bit difficult. That is if you guys don't want Minecraft, you could put in several games each with a forum section of its own with a group of staff members encharge of each section; the staff members that play that game/are capable of moderating the players of that game. However, considering the communtiy is rather small,  I believe it's best to direct away from the concept of a 'general' gaming forum and focus on one type of gamemode in one type of game and attract a good amount of members that play that gamemode. I am suggesting Minecraft because it's what the server (I believe) is currently ready for due to the existence of a Minecraft server already that just needs a bit of modification, dedication and better advertising.

JR originated as an online community long before we had a minecraft server. We want to return our forums back to what they once were. Currently minecraft is dying out. Problem with minecraft now is that mostly younger kids are playing on minecraft, who are unable to understand how the forums work. JR has always been a technology based community just that too many members were just here because of minecraft and everyone assumed that is all we were.

JR originated as an online community long before we had a minecraft server. We want to return our forums back to what they once were. Currently minecraft is dying out. Problem with minecraft now is that mostly younger kids are playing on minecraft, who are unable to understand how the forums work. JR has always been a technology based community just that too many members were just here because of minecraft and everyone assumed that is all we were.

Actually, according to the demographics of Minecraft players, most of them are 15-21. Moreover, with 1 or 2 tutorials, it's quite simple to understand how the Forums work. Moreover, what I am trying to say is, it's not as easy to make a community that doesn't concentrate on one gamemode. On the other hand, the fact that you stated it was a technology based community is quite odd since it hasn't really focused on technology in a while. I stated my above paragraph considering the fact that it was a 'gaming' community. It's quite different in both cases. If it's going to be both, then the forums should be seperated into different sections with two different type of audiences.

according to the demographics of Minecraft players, most of them are 15-21.

From looking online the demographics it isn't taking into account those who no longer play minecraft. Based on our recent member joins in the last 6 months, the majority of those have been children.

We have had a lack of activity on JR meaning that nothing has really been focused on. Those topics which have appeared have been by members after information regarding the minecraft server itself. JR has always been based around technology.

I have already considered changes that could be made to the forums. They should be appearing sometime soon.

That would be where you are wrong. A lot of gaming communities have steam servers for multiple games and each game itself has different gamemodes within themselves.

Yes. But as I said, it's 'easier' because those gaming communities with multiple steam servers actually have a considerable amount of players playing. If they don't, then they wouldn't be the successful gaming communities JR is aiming to be like. If focused on one game, you wouldn't have the players seperated among the server leaving each server with a low player count; making other members to leave.

If technology was focused on, I gaurantee that the forums would be much more populated and activity would be available. What can be done is the usage of social networking sites like Facebook and YouTube :). I believe if JR posts like 4-5 posts on Facebook and the forums concerning different new aspects going around when it comes to electronics, the internet, different sites etc, then the amount of members joining would actually escalate quickly. It can make videos on YouTube every once and a while. This can change JR to quite a big community were technological discussions made by other members would come in almost every hour :). But the key is absolute consistency ;).

You know what I think? Do you?? You dont ...Well I think we should make the JRCommunity more famous on steam..ì literaly dont understand what you guys are actually talking about but um..ìm not a kid..thats all i know lol

Had I been grammatically correct then I would have said children. Kid actually means a baby goat, which I hope none of our members our. But that would be pretty cool. A baby goat on the Internet :P

--

As for steam how do you propose that we could make ourselves more noticed or does anyone else have any ideas for making us more noticed on steam?

| Lol Baby Goat thats funny :lol:  | Well.. I did not think about that.. I was just giving a sub-topic to this discussion so yea I am still thinking about an idea to make the JrCommunity famous on steam..But maybe other people can give suggestions?? 

.......Yes it would be nice but however some of us have better things to be doing with our lives

Agreed ....like work an 8 hour day 4 or 5 days a week or take care of a parent....some of us use Minecraft to escape reality or we might just go mad. That being said ...sorry I have not been around I have been dealing with the death of my dear friend and mom's sitter and then trying to replace mom's sitter ...it's been a very rough 2 weeks. Hopefully to calm down now.