Sign in to follow this  
Chris

EA release Sims 2 Ultimate Collection free for a week

Earlier in the month EA announced Sims 2 as being "retired" and to make up for such a loss anyone who owned Sims 2 on Origin was going to be upgraded to Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for no additional cost (good guy EA). But that deal has now got a lot more magnitude now Electronic Arts are offering the game for free to anyone - even though it is not an on the house promotion!

As noticed by the members at NeoGAF the "How to get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" entry on EA's help site underwent a change today. It does still imply that the offer is limited to Sims 2 owners only, saying "Because you're a passionate The Sims 2 player, we're making The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection available free of charge to download to your Origin library". But this code works for everyone. I know this, because I've tried it, and I now own a copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin regardless of the fact I don't have the original release in my library.

It's a simple process to get The Sims 2: Load up Origin, log in, then select "Redeem Product Code" from the "Origin" menu and then input "I-LOVE-THE-SIMS", minus the quotes. Boom! You've now got yourself the ultimate collection of The Sims 2 100% legal 100% free.

EA can give all the free crap they want. They continue to screw people over, even after everything they had done and said.

Still though... I'll take it... But I will take it angrily out on the Sims as I lock them into a room with no food/toilet/bed and watch them in a cycle of starvation, peeing themselves, falling asleep into their own pee and watch their minds, one by one, break apart!

Was actually excited until i saw this.. ^^^

- Jack

Having used Origin, I consider it a better client than Steams, because Steams is just a really crappy browser. Steam only wins because SALES!!!

Sign in to follow this