Jamie

Minecraft Development

Not many things have happened with JRCraft lately.

Well I'm back, I'm taking control of JRCraft and I'm going to completely revamp things. Commands, chat looks, servers, maps. I'm going to take everything in to consideration but I want to bring JRCraft back to where it should be. Including advertising again and bringing JR traffic. Hold your seats because I'm taking things seriously like I used to.

Any comments, idea's users have, or just things they want to see please comment here.

If you didn't know me and Calystos held a big staff meeting about merging everything together properly with all of our steam servers, staff members and more. We will be doing a lot more now and trust me when I say this. I want to really develop the entire gaming and website side of JR. 

I've got a couple of ideas I am drafting for the website (you'll probably like this one) and a way to make us some more money. They'll appear at some point xD

Glad to see you making a come back. You mean you're gonna make an effort to be around more? You've always taken things seriously even when you haven't been around :P

As obviously all of us will be I'd like to also make clear that I am 110% behind you on this, and I look forward to personally working closer with yourself as-well as the rest of the staff team more privately and individually talking to each member of the team as well as the community and trying to bridge things together, I've already said to caly and K2 that I need to discuss with them about the steam side of things to learn how they operate and what I may need to learn more about 

In follow from speaking with them I'd like to talk to you and learn more about JR's back end etc and possible small coding just so that I am more productive rather than a jolly bridge builder between community and staff team as-well as each to their own branch

In addition as mentioned I'd like to take each staff member aside privately at some point to discuss their intentions, thoughts, strengths and weaknesses and then somehow put together the good side of ideas and try and link 1 and 2 together in another branch getting the best of both sides :) 

hard work and team building is sure to come I hope as-well as having more than full faith in what you intend to bring back now that you have returned Jamie h.h

Well so far, a couple of things I have done today.

• Renamed RPG to survival. RPG will become a huge survival based system.
  • Removed Hub Server and reconfigured our multiple server system so we only have Creative and Survival
  • Reset creative due to issues and to clean it up, if you want to request a build transfer (We have them all safe) do so by
  • Removed Creative Gates on server as I don't see a real need due to stargate
  • Removed Hyperconomy as no one uses it or knows it's on.
  •  

I am working on the server as we speak, going through plugins for Survival and making things simpler with the staff members.

Well we are 1.8 compatiable but not all features are working as of yet, I am working on it but it's taking time.

More to come soon, please if you are enjoying the changes just leave a comment on what you think and what you would like to see soon as I'd like to see some community feedback. I know the community is watching this topic so if you want something make your voice heard!

Map seems down, any ETA on a fix?

Also, I read somewhere that Sea Temple generation was being made retroactive, so we can have them spawn in existing maps, without a reset. Did that make it live? And are there any plans to reset, or add other ways to get the new materials? I think I mentioned in the past about some servers I played on that had a small mining world that could be accessed, and items could be gathered to bring back to the main map, so the main map never needed to be reset. It was usually reset monthly, and everyone got to strip it for materials.

Also, I read somewhere that Sea Temple generation was being made retroactive, so we can have them spawn in existing maps, without a reset. Did that make it live? And are there any plans to reset, or add other ways to get the new materials? I think I mentioned in the past about some servers I played on that had a small mining world that could be accessed, and items could be gathered to bring back to the main map, so the main map never needed to be reset. It was usually reset monthly, and everyone got to strip it for materials.

Map seems up to me? Are you referring to the survival (formally RPG) server? Also that is a really good idea, definitely something that can be discussed :) We aren't removing the current map either way, we may run a new world along side it instead though.

That sounds like a good idea to have a seperate world for that. But it could be quite a while till a bukkit release or whatever release because of the DCMA. As of now the only way to play 1.8 official in any way is to use vanilla for now.

Map seems up to me? Are you referring to the survival (formally RPG) server? Also that is a really good idea, definitely something that can be discussed :) We aren't removing the current map either way, we may run a new world along side it instead though.

http://play.jrcraft.net:8123/ is giving me an unable to connect error. Using a fresh install of firefox, and flash. Not sure whats causing it if it's just me. I even double checked my addons and tried oth Chrome and IE. So did the link change?

Oh I just realized I should have been more specific. I meant Dynamap.

http://play.jrcraft.net:8123/ is giving me an unable to connect error. Using a fresh install of firefox, and flash. Not sure whats causing it if it's just me. I even double checked my addons and tried oth Chrome and IE. So did the link change?

Oh I just realized I should have been more specific. I meant Dynamap.

It appears we've removed that plugin. It may be we removed it when we updated since it isn't up to date with the version we are reusing (or something it is dependent on isn't up to date). Currently we are waiting for an up to date version to be released. With the current situation with bukkit it might be a while as a lot of people are uncertain for the future of bukkit.

Glad your back Jamie! I think it would be fun if the survival resets just to keep people on their toes, it kinda gets boring if you've got all diamond stuff. But good job on cleaning up creative now there will be more plots available and less glitches things in the creative world

I think it would be fun if the survival resets just to keep people on their toes

Although this is true, many people leave if they spend so much time on builds then just lose it all so we also have to think at it from that angle, you are right it allows them to fully appreciate the coming updates and start again, we could how ever copy structures without chests and items, it has been done before just we will need to be careful about what builds are worth taking

^ I am not promising that this will be the way it's done :P but it could happen if we decide on it, regardless to the choice when the time comes I hope all members understand and stay with us as we pull ourself back together with Jamie now back in the swing  

Although this is true, many people leave if they spend so much time on builds then just lose it all so we also have to think at it from that angle, you are right it allows them to fully appreciate the coming updates and start again, we could how ever copy structures without chests and items, it has been done before just we will need to be careful about what builds are worth taking

^ I am not promising that this will be the way it's done :P but it could happen if we decide on it, regardless to the choice when the time comes I hope all members understand and stay with us as we pull ourself back together with Jamie now back in the swing

As I think about it there could be a designated build area that dosent reset if that could be possible :)

Oh, ok just a suggestion!

I have another suggestion, I have heard about survival islands and maybe there could be a survival islands world for people who like more of a challenge in survival mode?

I mean, this may be a hit or miss, but I like the idea of moving from island to island it reminds me of our old hardcore server :)

I take it that jr is 1.8 stable?

Also another thing, in creative I think members should at least have access to the world edit command /remove

I take it that jr is 1.8 stable?

I wish ^.^ nope JR Has 1.8 Client access but the server build is 1.7.10

The island aspect of minecraft sounds slow progress and lack of creative options to me, but I did enjoy the Hardcore side of the game and I would love a hardcore server just with PvP, Factions, Stealth, Hunting, Dual Mode, and causing people to be sneaky and hunt each-other, /tp would be disabled to take away player advantage but /tpa would still remain optional to meet up with your friends if they are worlds away 

/remove <type> <radius> Bukkit.png Remove nearby entities. Type can be "items" for loose items/drops, arrows, boats, minecarts, tnt, or xp.

/removeabove [height] Bukkit.png Sp.png Remove blocks above your head.

/removebelow [height] Bukkit.png Sp.png Remove blocks below your feet.

/replacenear <size> <from-id> <to-id> Bukkit.png Sp.png Replace all existing blocks nearby.

/removenear [block] Bukkit.png Sp.png Remove blocks near you.

Are these the commands that you're suggesting be added for members ? 

No just the ability to remove blocks, it's very difficult to clear away things in my spawn build

If you ask a senior staff member then we're more than happy to do it for you. Problem with giving access to this is that the only way to do so is to give access to //set command. That will mean it will make it easier for griefers to mess up plots and we'd have to find a way to limit world edit to individual plots.

I believe it might be a premium feature (can't remember though). Either way we are happy to do it for you if you happen to see one of us :)