Tyra

Post your craziness in minecraft

This is a forum topic where you post both the craziest and stupidest things you have ever done in minecraft, so sit back and enjoy each other's stories, so yeah! I'll start:

I'm doing the new spawn com potion and dodging 30-40 blocks down for the whole huge building with no world edit

My first time playing minecraft ever, the free 20 minute demo, I dug a hole... in the dirt... and was happy i had shelter. I then descovered I could break stone, so I continued to dig, with a stick, till I had a stone surroundings :D . Man o' man... was I happy I wasnt dieing to spiders and creepers any more. Then my college roommate told me how to make a wooden pick and so on. It was a revelation and I havent stopped since!

Started building out of wood...

Upgraded to cobble...

Then to massive stone brick structures...

Then to themed builds of only a few things...

To :o a ton of blocks in interesting formations...

:P each time I felt I had built something better and cannot get too much better, but I keep on learning and experimenting putting all of my old builds to shame! [palmyra looks somewhat plain at the moment, will have to go and fix this later :P hopefully without the loss of the feeling of the build].

Then on a private lan, i remember a group of us had a goal to beat the ender dragon fast! We ended up messing around with horses for the next two weeks to see who had or could breed or get the best horses. We each had test tracks, stables, and everything set up and going.

I remember the first day I played minecraft I spawned in snow. I saw no trees and I had seen tutorials which said the first thing you should do is punch trees. Seeing none, I ran to try to find them while breathing HEAVILY. When I made my first hole in the wall as a base I felt so accomplished that I didn't make a house for the next three IRL days

stupidest things you have ever done in minecraft

oh weell ummm.... fun fact I guess as in all honesty every moment spent with you guys is crazy and life changing in my own view, forever making people happy or creating something for the community or simply seeing friends work together to have their own way of fun and games :D

sooo lets take a swing at stupid, since I've done a lot of stupid things :P "snowmen have no brains duh! and you give them powahhrrr"
anyways

so MagnumSphere (aka @ ) was creating a racetrack / parkour challenge type obstacle course on the old world (which most of you weere apart of) and I was using world edit somewhere else in a distant land to build my own little contraptions ... He then calls me to assist him in moving it to a suitable location ready for testing to begin set up for a mini-game and I of course accept his helpful request and teleport to him... //wand is done... pos1 set... pos2 set and everthing is looking good :D ...... Then /cut ............... my lips begin to mutter, my hands freeze, everything goes silent and the server..... well I see a number.... a block count :o 

it's results... honestly my heart stopped - for a small build 2billion blocks have just been cut... and Instantly I just panic!! all hell breaks loose in my head, my heart is pounding and I've ran to @Jamie with all expectation of demotion for making such a derp.... can you guess what happened :'(!!!! 

CAN YOU!!! 
Yeah that's right... the butt head laughed at me and called me silly >.<! rolled back the server to a previous save state and gave me a pat on the head to return to work! 

Was I happy... YES! was I impressed with his understanding and stuff... YES <3
did I feel stupid - HELL YES :D

end of the day this teaches you... Always make sure your points register and that you actually clicked the blocks :P I seem to have missed 
lets hope that you don't!!

Mine would be that time when I was just learning World Edit.

I was trying to help someone by replacing glass that someone else had broke, So I used WE to replace it (even tho it would have been 10 times simple to just use creative mode) I turned the WHOLE world into glass and server crashes. I start crying cuz I thought there was no way to fix it and I was scared @Jamie was gonna scream at me for being so stupid. But other staff came on and showed me how to fix it and everything was fine.

Turns out you have to be careful where you are using that WE tool, cuz you could set a pos on the other side of the world and not even know it...Lesson Learned.  :mellow:

Once upon a time,

A little nooblet joined the server (this is back when I used to properly play minecraft). They weren't sure of the staff at first but the relationship between them and the staff started to develop. During this time I started to build with them and we created our first home together on JR, we then expanded and built all sorts of wonderful contraptions with the resources that we had collected not really in any theme just random pieces here and there. We ended up expanding massively and had built all sorts, including an automatic farm and an awesome swimming pool!

And now this little nooblet is known as @ a beloved member of our community. He is loved by many of us. I can still remember this pretty well, he was premium back then as well. Was just after we finished revamping the server spawn :D

oh man such good story's! hmm me well I was just made op not to long ago to help with server spawns and such making it nice and all in creative mode using lighting and crazy commands. so I was learning how to use the world edit better and let me tell you DO NOT make a 25x25 area tripwire hooks! oh man the server was lagging soooooo bad it almost broke XD then this one time at band camp.... well.... umm.... BYE....!

Once upon a time,

A little nooblet joined the server (this is back when I used to properly play minecraft). They weren't sure of the staff at first but the relationship between them and the staff started to develop. During this time I started to build with them and we created our first home together on JR, we then expanded and built all sorts of wonderful contraptions with the resources that we had collected not really in any theme just random pieces here and there. We ended up expanding massively and had built all sorts, including an automatic farm and an awesome swimming pool!

And now this little nooblet is known as @ a beloved member of our community. He is loved by many of us. I can still remember this pretty well, he was premium back then as well. Was just after we finished revamping the server spawn :D

This story in end made me smile, actually if honest the full way through 

Joining the server was scary this is true! but you guys never failed to make people feel welcome, was easy to see the hard work and effort binding everyone together, I couldn't help but make a quick donation, with extra to show my appreciation to a warm welcome, then to have Jamie himself approach me with the former head admin at the time being _CSB_ I was rather humbled to say the least, that being of course until Jamie smitted me dead in my house D: 

But that never sent me away, I laughed it off, joined him on Skype and a second true friendship formed, later became a partnership and developing team work, upon hearing his own struggles JR's importance and Goal became clear to me and since then I have forever tried to respect the roots of the community :) and of course I am highly thankful for the opportunities presented the amazing staff team I get to work with every day some how some way 

And chris I am surprised you remember that area we built, the farm and stuff and the pool! that was so fun with the boat ride and stuff :( sadness 

And chris I am surprised you remember that area we built, the farm and stuff and the pool! that was so fun with the boat ride and stuff :( sadness

Of course I remember :) probably one of the best if not the best time I've had on minecraft with someone :D

Mine would be that time when I was just learning World Edit.

I was trying to help someone by replacing glass that someone else had broke, So I used WE to replace it (even tho it would have been 10 times simple to just use creative mode) I turned the WHOLE world into glass and server crashes. I start crying cuz I thought there was no way to fix it and I was scared @Jamie was gonna scream at me for being so stupid. But other staff came on and showed me how to fix it and everything was fine.

Turns out you have to be careful where you are using that WE tool, cuz you could set a pos on the other side of the world and not even know it...Lesson Learned.  :mellow:

Haha Jugga, no one can ever get mad at you, hope everything is okay ! Long time no speak :) Hit me up on skype some time :D

Haha Jugga, no one can ever get mad at you, hope everything is okay ! Long time no speak :) Hit me up on skype some time :D

I've missed everyone, thought it was time to come back.

and I sure will, I'll make sure to do it when I know your awake.  ;)