Sign in to follow this  
Jugga

Money

Hey Guys, 

I started playing again about a week ago leaning how things are now on the server, I noticed that the only way to make money is by owning a shop or voting. I'm not sure about the shops, I've never seen this plugin and not sure how it all works. But no one is allowing to have things sold to them...its really hard for me to buy anything that I need/want with this. I don't have a shop not sure how to get one, don't really want one either. Mostly cuz I don't want to keep up with it as I hated having shops before. So I vote for the money that I make, but the problem is I don't make that much by voting (not enough to get the things I want). I think there should be another way of making money, Now I know that there are some plugins that you can kill mobs can get like 1$ or something. or there is the jobs plugin but I do know that a lot of the time the jobs plugin will hurt the economy (so I've been told).

^_^ 

~JuggaGirl

I like the idea although it can ruin an economy. Maybe there could be a daily cap to the amount of money a job can earn? Or possibly some sort of tax system on jobs that taxes you for every so much over a certain amount you earn in 1 day. Might be complex to set up something like that though, if there isn't already a plugin capable of doing something like that, I think a standard jobs plugin would work great :P

@Jugga @Kyle Which plugin is currently used for money? I think adding a diversity of different ways to earn and spend money would be great. Is there still a mall?

I think we are using essentials currently. Definitely think we need to look how players can earn/make money. We also don't have as much help provided in creating things like shops either anymore (as in wiki pages or something). I think we should definitely look at rewarding players for doing certain jobs like mining etc, possibly with something that links to MCMMO - not sure if we already have this but if we still don't, I agree it should be added. Also think we need to expand our support so players are given information on making shops, starting a market/mall again might help get the player economy more active. 

That's a good idea tbh, not sure what minigames (if any) we currently have set up but this definitely could be a really good addition if we can get some set up.

aren't there ctf or tdm maps?

There are at least three maps set up (halfway) but need some work still. These are through the warhub and can be found with the command [ /warhub ]. They are located near the starter city (we never decided on a better name, someone should get on that).

1. (CTF) Halo map Jeddy and a few others made

2. (CTF/TDM) Castle wars map I made though I dont know if i set it up for CTF and/or TDM but has been used for both in the past.

3. (TDM) Pirates... arrr matey!

In addition, there are a few other maps that I didn't get around to putting in yet. I think I was having an error with it or didnt copy the build down far enough. The build was one that ikben had done in the desert with a bridge between two mini villages. Really fun map. Wish we had that one back...

There is also one map for mob arena all built and ready to go. However, it is not ready to go as I didn't remember what we had for classes and what not (stuff dealing with the configs and how it was set up... never got help with that one in that regard :( ) Mob Arena has rewards built into it for items, I do not know if it can be used for cash as well.

Also, though I am no longer involved in this part and you would have to ask to make sure, I would think if you wanted to see more maps, don't be afraid to start building them. I know I loved to see it when players had a well layed out map that was workable with what we had.

There is additional potential with dungeons, but the dungeons I was working on should be considered null and void. But if someone were to make some dungeons off of command blocks or a plugin, I don't immagine it would be too hard to get payments through that. However, a warning to anyone that goes snooping through some of dungeons I have set up. Don't go through them... last I had tried for some reason /butcher didn't work and there are some loops in the system and you could potentially lag the server out badly. They are sealed off though so only staff can enter them atm. 

I certainly think a few people could pull of a really cool dungeon with some really cool rewards (treasure chest plugin).

Take care, have fun, and game on!

Edited by AnioNovus

On 1/11/2016 at 8:09 AM, Jamie said:

Money will be improved soon on JRCraft, We will have the minigames server hooked up to the classic servers money balance so when you win minigames you get money to spend in JR Classic. 

Sounds good! 

If you guys can wait 6 months or so, I'll be going back to minecraft as I make my way to college/immaturity, and I'm looking forward to using my computer science knowledge to build redstone games that are better than ever ;)

Is there a way to have money exchanged without the need for people? Like paying for an entrance fee or for coupons so that they can play games without me being online. If not, then I could make the arcade on survival and have people pay with gold or something. 

Also, I'd be down to help build a minigames map (again, in 6 months or so once my exams are done).

On 1/20/2016 at 1:35 AM, Mecmax said:

Sounds good! 

If you guys can wait 6 months or so, I'll be going back to minecraft as I make my way to college/immaturity, and I'm looking forward to using my computer science knowledge to build redstone games that are better than ever ;)

Is there a way to have money exchanged without the need for people? Like paying for an entrance fee or for coupons so that they can play games without me being online. If not, then I could make the arcade on survival and have people pay with gold or something. 

Also, I'd be down to help build a minigames map (again, in 6 months or so once my exams are done).

We will be having a virtual currency system but you will be able to sell items for the currency and buy things by going to our shop when k4 has sorted out the logistics.

Great to see you back around,

Jamie