TwoPly45

"Is This Fair" Protest

I have one question and one question only, but it is a long one:

I, TwoPly Gaming, AKA TwoPly45, have applied for Helper. Except there is one problem. I'm only 13...Everything else is fine. I have 21 posts since i last checked, no warnings, I joined in time, I'm a member, and no queued messages. I'm completely fine except I'm 13. To apply for Helper, you must be 15. Do the math. So, finally to the question. Is this fair? I must wait 2 years for me to apply for Helper. Comment below if you agree.

-TwoPly Gaming B)

TwoPly, we do promote certain members to helper if we feel they can take on the responsibility however the application system is in place so people can apply when we deem to be an acceptable age. We do monitor the younger members to see about their candidacy for helper however the moment they mention about being promoted we normally put them further down the watch list. We want people who can do the job and we deem them to be able to, however asking about it implies that you want the title and nothing more.

While the age is a bother to many trying to get the position, you need to realize there are reasons for the age restriction. The primary reason is that typically those under the age of 15 are less mature then those older than 15, which is an incredibly important part of the job due to the fact that you are more or less helping to manage the people online, while keeping your cool. For many pre to early teens that's not an easy task to accomplish.

TwoPly, we do promote certain members to helper if we feel they can take on the responsibility however the application system is in place so people can apply when we deem to be an acceptable age. We do monitor the younger members to see about their candidacy for helper however the moment they mention about being promoted we normally put them further down the watch list. We want people who can do the job and we deem them to be able to, however asking about it implies that you want the title and nothing more.

I have been Premium for a month. I loved it. I even randomly dreamed about it once :huh: When i finally got it, I nearly banged my head in excitement. Chris, it has been many a day since then, and i remember it like it was an hour ago. Which to me, is utter fog on a rainy day so i remember crap about it. Applying for Helper is everything more than the title, and possibly the many titles i would have if i got it. Chris, you know me as a person who never griefs, trolls, spams, and everything is perfect about me. but my age. I also may apply for Building Team, i just don't want to give out my real name on the internets >_>

It's really just a rule on JR. I can't really excuse myself from it, though. I applied for helper before the rule (when I was 13) and was obviously accepted. I think its just luck of the time you applied here (based on before or after the rule when you applied). JR has changed in terms of not only rules but its format and community, and the reality is that we just have to accept that. And really, think about what a helper does. A helper...HELPS people. You know, tells people some basic commands, guides them around the server, etc. All that verbal stuff you can still do as a member (besides when something needs to be raised to staff like a report or argument in chat). That's what I did. Eventually I forgot about my rank all together when I became helper because I had started "helping" people when I was a member, and I was used to it. Obviously now I have more responsibilities but that is beside the point. The point is you have to enjoy what you are doing. Even though you are not a helper, technically, you can still help people and be a prominent member around the community, and that's amazing in my opinion. Imagine newcomers seeing members who are not even staff who are so dedicated that they know everything they can to help these tourists.

I kind of agree with you, Two, though i agree with the staff, too. Some people just aren't mature enough, and if we let everybody become helper below the age of 15, people would know and get mad that they weren't asked or accepted.

I have one question and one question only, but it is a long one:

I, TwoPly Gaming, AKA TwoPly45, have applied for Helper. Except there is one problem. I'm only 13...Everything else is fine. I have 21 posts since i last checked, no warnings, I joined in time, I'm a member, and no queued messages. I'm completely fine except I'm 13. To apply for Helper, you must be 15. Do the math. So, finally to the question. Is this fair? I must wait 2 years for me to apply for Helper. Comment below if you agree.

-TwoPly Gaming B)

15 is just a guideline. Its not set in stone that you have to be 15 to be considered. Dont count the days its been since you have applied just apply and leave it at that. Asking this question alone about age is fine but you are bringing up that arguments that make you "perfect" for the job. Belive me we know a good potential staff member when we see one there is no need to convince us, we have heard it all.

Automatic generated message
This topic has been closed by a moderator or the original user who created the topic.

Reason: No further discussion required.

If you disagree with this action, please click on report and type the reason why it should be left open.

Regards,
The JRTeam