Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dylancg9

/Help Command Improvements

On JR the /help command no longer works and also, The skills plugin that JR used to have made it awesome, especially the specific plugin it had, where you would be rewarded for your skills! Does anyone else think this should be redeemed? Maybe its still there but i can't seem to access it...

Help might need improving tbh, I haven't had to use it much recently but you might be right, it's definitely something we can look at. As for skills, the plugin we did have was custom but the developer that was working on it left so we weren't able to update it because we didn't have any of the code. I do agree though skills is a main area we need to improve because there is nothing really rewarding game play.

Bump. 

Bringing this back up again (rather than starting a new topic) due to a comment I recently read on PMC regarding the help feature. I think really the help feature should try and be focussed on new players, rather than listing every command - it should mention what will be needed to get started. That or it could have 'sub-topics', so when a player types /help it would have topics like 'getting started' 'world guard' etc, as well as a link to the online help. 

Here is a plugin that could be used although MCDocs would probably work just as well if that's already installed http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/custom-help/

I'll change topic title slightly as skills don't seem to be coming back anyway (at least not soon). 

Honestly any /help based plugin will help. I get bored on the server without knowing what I can personally do, I haven't moderated the server because I don't know the other commands, if I want to do anything, I will need to ask the Skype chat what we currently are using to overwatch the server and then google the plugin name to the developer's wiki found on the bukkit plugin page. Its ridiculous to be honest and its annoying because this isn't a issue that takes effort to patch but yet has been a problem for months.

And what annoys me further is that any bugs or issues that are permissions related, the only people who can do anything are op'ed on the server and don't experience the issues, so it takes twice as long to get anything done.